After Watching Yesterday's Performance

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course, all this optimism is predicated on yesterday not being a fluke. If it was just Dak having a good game in Linehans offense, i'd be more hesitant. But, Moore has really opened up the offense and given it some creative wrinkles. How many times last year were we able to guess what was coming next on offense? Practically all season you knew Zeke was getting the ball on first down. Garret's offensive philosophy is essentially that if everyone does their job, it won't matter what the defense is doing.....ala the early 90's team. Linehan was just calling plays from the Garret playbook. Moore has turned the playbook upside down and re-written it. Will it be as effective against every team , probably not. Much like Garret in 2007, teams didn't know what was coming but eventually had enough tape to adapt. I'm just enjoying the ride right now and hoping Moore is smarter than Garret.
I'm happy to see Linehan gone, but this thing about "guessing what was coming next on offense" just doesn't hold up, especially the whole, "you knew Zeke was getting the ball on first down." On first downs last year in the 1st and 3rd quarters (to get rid of all-pass end-of-half and late-game drives), we ran 98 passing plays and 99 RB rushing plays (and another 5 runs by Cooper/Austin). There were serious problems with the offense and I don't doubt that the plays were easy to diagnose once they started, but no, you couldn't guess the next play (and from living through people predicting plays on chat, I'm sure I'm right about that).

I attribute yesterday's offensive success to 1 part Moore, 2 parts talent (Dak improving touch, Gallup and Jarwin more experienced, Fred back, Cooper with an offseason, Cobb), and 2 parts Giants (man, they are terrible).

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm happy to see Linehan gone, but this thing about "guessing what was coming next on offense" just doesn't hold up, especially the whole, "you knew Zeke was getting the ball on first down." On first downs last year in the 1st and 3rd quarters (to get rid of all-pass end-of-half and late-game drives), we ran 98 passing plays and 99 RB rushing plays (and another 5 runs by Cooper/Austin). There were serious problems with the offense and I don't doubt that the plays were easy to diagnose once they started, but no, you couldn't guess the next play (and from living through people predicting plays on chat, I'm sure I'm right about that).

I attribute yesterday's offensive success to 1 part Moore, 2 parts talent (Dak improving touch, Gallup and Jarwin more experienced, Fred back, Cooper with an offseason, Cobb), and 2 parts Giants (man, they are terrible).
we executed the gameplan THATS why we won. The Giants did not.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Giants are a awful team on D...lets get that outta the way. But the reads still had to be made and be executed. We did that very well. We have work to do on the dline CLEARLY. Dak was on point and not handcuffed. That was clear. We wont go 16-0, but we will win no less than 10 games.

10-6 was my prediction before the game and I am staying with it. The DLine? Gotta improve. We definitely needs QB pressures and sacks against Brees, Brady, Cousins, Rodgers, Wentz, Josh Allen (Don't sleep on him and Cole Beasley. They can ruin our Thanksgiving), Goff and Sam Darnold (we better not make him look all-world when the Cowboys play the Jets). Maybe when Quinn gets in there things will improve.

Dre11

Reaction score
Does it make you anti-Linehan even more than you were before the game? Knowing how much talent is/was on this roster and it was just wasted away. I hate seeing careers being wasted by a coach who has no idea as to how to utilize the talent that surrounds him. Yes, it's only one game but you'd have to be an idiot not to see what this team could have been. Nevertheless, at least said coordinator is gone and today seems to be 'different' from Mondays of years past, following a W, and this makes it a great day to be a 'boys fan. :star:

No, I think folks are overlooking the additions we've made this year, the development and maturation of Dak, the development of Gallup and Cooper, Cobb.
I think the plan all along was to bring Dak along slowly without asking him to do too much with an aging Dez and Witten as weapons. The landscape has changed with these new weapons and Dak development. Dak told you when it clicked for him. It wasn't till last season with Cooper.

GMO415

Reaction score
I'm not sure Moore would have been ready 2-3 years ago. He is definitely ready now....

Rayman70

Reaction score
yep...I said 10-6, and I am also sticking with it. Its a marathon. We will win the division and even get a bye.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Does it make you anti-Linehan even more than you were before the game? Knowing how much talent is/was on this roster and it was just wasted away. I hate seeing careers being wasted by a coach who has no idea as to how to utilize the talent that surrounds him. Yes, it's only one game but you'd have to be an idiot not to see what this team could have been. Nevertheless, at least said coordinator is gone and today seems to be 'different' from Mondays of years past, following a W, and this makes it a great day to be a 'boys fan. :star:

And more anti Garrett. If that is possible. Just watching the fool fanny slap and push players all game long makes me cringe.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
yep...I said 10-6, and I am also sticking with it. Its a marathon. We will win the division and even get a bye.

Not with 10-6 we wont. We will have to at least go 11-5 minimum to win the division over the Eagles.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Not with 10-6 we wont. We will have to at least go 11-5 minimum to win the division over the Eagles.
The iggles will lose 2 times to us,IMO. I think they have many holes and will struggle.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The iggles will lose 2 times to us,IMO. I think they have many holes and will struggle.

Shocking coming from a Cowboys fan.

We don't have holes? So what holes do they have?

Eagles will be one of the better teams in the NFL this year. A split would be a good outcome.

Now if Wentz gets hurt again they are in big trouble.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Yes it does and JJ and JG should’ve addressed the issue long before they did.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Shocking coming from a Cowboys fan.

We don't have holes? So what holes do they have?

Eagles will be one of the better teams in the NFL this year. A split would be a good outcome.

Now if Wentz gets hurt again they are in big trouble.
We got this. Interior dline seems to be our issue...the only real one,other than HC lol...safety I guess would be next. I think Wilson should be starting as soon as hes ready. Heath is not the answer.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The iggles have DB issues and their linebackers can be had. Same as the Giants.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The iggles have DB issues and their linebackers can be had. Same as the Giants.

Eagles compare very favorably on offense. And Pederson is one of the best. The Dline for the Eagles is definitely better then ours. Linebackers we get the edge. Secondary I cant say. Ours seems pretty good. But certainly we have issues at safety.

Shane612

Reaction score
Looked promising, but it's just the first game of the season.
Lets talk after 5 games.