After Watching Yesterday's Performance

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Our pass blocking was impressive yesterday.

Some seem disappointed we didn't do this against a better team. I am fine with a couple cupcakes in the early going to get our grove. We have plenty of top teams coming our way soon enough.
I wish there would have been some giants fans in the room while watching the game. Oh wait, I don't allow the vermin in my home.
Even the new qb for NY found out that 1st team defenses are better than 4th team preseason squads. :laugh:

I love it.

JBond

Reaction score

Yes, he managed to lumber to the endzone with perfect blocking and a hole I could have run through.

Are you trying to imply he looked like the best RB in the league yesterday?

The best RB was on the other team.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Yes, he managed to lumber to the endzone with perfect blocking and a hole I could have run through.

Are you trying to imply he looked like the best RB in the league yesterday?

The best RB was on the other team.

He crashed thru several guys to score watch the clip. And yes the Giants sold out to limit Zeke and we made them pay in the air.

In regards to the Barkley vs Zeke debate I’m reminded of the Emmitt vs Sanders debates. Two different style runners. One is more dynamic and electric, the other just consistently gets it done..

JBond

Reaction score
He crashed thru several guys to score watch the clip. And yes the Giants sold out to limit Zeke and we made them pay in the air.

In regards to the Barkley vs Zeke debate I’m reminded of the Emmitt vs Sanders debates. Two different style runners. One is more dynamic and electric, the other just consistently gets it done..
Zeke looked like slow garbage yesterday. You can deny it, but it is the truth. I believe he will get his grove back, but I expected a better effort from the self-proclaimed best in the NFL.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no sense in being anti-Linehan now. How can anyone be anti-retiree?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, because it’s one game and because we have better players in the offense right now than we’ve had in recent years.

There are going to be games against teams where we have to rely on the defense. The Giants, who have one decent CB and no pass rushers at all aren’t one of those teams.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Zeke looked like slow garbage yesterday. You can deny it, but it is the truth. I believe he will get his grove back, but I expected a better effort from the self-proclaimed best in the NFL.

Settle down Beavis. Zeke has always had low number games against the Giants in season openers. We can say he’s a little rusty but garbage is just agenda talk.

Clearly you enjoy watching the more dynamic flashy runner in the Barkley and Barry Sanders types and that’s ok, who doesn’t..

If the Giants had stuck to the run and given Barkley 30+ touches it might have been a closer game..

Crawford was giving up the edge on the right side all day, especially on that big run...

Reactions: BAT

JBond

Reaction score
Settle down Beavis. Zeke has always had low number games against the Giants in season openers. We can say he’s a little rusty but garbage is just agenda talk.

Clearly you enjoy watching the more dynamic flashy runner in the Barkley and Barry Sanders types and that’s ok, who doesn’t..

If the Giants had stuck to the run and given Barkley 30+ touches it might have been a closer game..

Crawford was giving up the edge on the right side all day, especially on that big run...
I would say we were fortunate the Giants didn't continue to batter us with the run game. Our passing attack was so effective (wierd to say) it took the run game out of the equation.

Fyi... it is John, not Bevis. : )

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I would say we were fortunate the Giants didn't continue to batter us with the run game. Our passing attack was so effective (wierd to say) it took the run game out of the equation.

Lol

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Does it make you anti-Linehan even more than you were before the game? Knowing how much talent is/was on this roster and it was just wasted away. I hate seeing careers being wasted by a coach who has no idea as to how to utilize the talent that surrounds him. Yes, it's only one game but you'd have to be an idiot not to see what this team could have been. Nevertheless, at least said coordinator is gone and today seems to be 'different' from Mondays of years past, following a W, and this makes it a great day to be a 'boys fan. :star:

I don't know. I still think it was more of a Garrett problem than a Linehan problem. Linehan's offense wasn't that different than what we had seen from Garrett when he was coordinator. The main difference was pretty much mandated ... that we become a run-oriented team. With Moore, we seem to have loosened the restraints.

Not defending Linehan because he still could have called plays better even with limitations IMO, but I think it took Linehan failing after Garrett had failed for Garrett and the front office to allow Moore more flexibility.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
No QB is great against an actual pass rush. This is why they pay pass rushers 20M per year.

Stop moving the goal post and learn to enjoy the wins.

Exactly...people act as if Dak's the only qb in the history of the game who's play drops off from 6 foot 4 300lb+ linemen in his face knocking him on his ***.

Rayman70

Reaction score
was it just me or did Shurmur look like he was ready to check into Betty Ford lol? The guy was in the midst of a nervous breakdown from the 2nd quarter on.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score

Man...you had the stage all set for it and all that you had to do was play your card.

FYI...it's BOND....JAMES BOND. :muttley:

giphy.webp

Maybe next time...lol.

200w.webp

Rayman70

Reaction score
the skins will look to expose our weakness,which is stopping the run between the tackles. We better work on that this week. They do have the running backs to do so

superonyx

Reaction score
Yea his 4.1 ypc with a TD was just awful.
Thank god we have Tony Pollard and his 1.8 YPC to put pressure on him..

JBond

Reaction score
Man...you had the stage all set for it and all that you had to do was play your card.

FYI...it's BOND....JAMES BOND. :muttley:

giphy.webp

Maybe next time...lol.

200w.webp
I have overplayed that card. Did it 4 or 5 times here over the years.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
This is where I'm at, JG tore it up in his first season as oc. Now we'll have to see how Moore counters after dc adjust to his play calling. The thing that's I was most impressed with is how Dak attacked the defense in the deep middle of the field, in past years he avoided that area but exploited it yesterday.

JG didnt tear it up his first season. He inherited a top offense in the NFL let by Sean Peyton. Than gradually implemented his boring playbook throughout the years.