After we calmed down now, how you feeling?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you're upset by what you saw that means you weren't expecting it, which also means you weren't paying attention to the fact that this team got worse in the off-season, not better. We didn't upgrade a single position. Not one.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Alright brother, I'm with you, however here's an alternate ending....

We lose in a slightly more dignified way vs the Bengals. In the loss we have success on the ground, and the defense plays well. In the end Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Mixon are too much.

The following couple of weeks we adapt from what we have learned. Peters is a big help and we start gashing other teams. Rush performs well with play action and limited passes. His stat lines consist of about 18-20ish pass attempts per game. Zeke and Pollard eat; the defense starts to ball out because they aren't constantly on the field AND we get a couple of wins vs our division rivals.

This brings us to 2-2. The next 3 games we pull off one more win and lose a couple close ones, sitting at 3-5 when Dak comes back.

Now we have established the run game and an identity. The coaches decide to stay the course and continue this style of play with Dak, who is better at taking advantage than Rush. We play our tails off and finish the season winning 7-8 games out of the next 9 and head in to the playoffs as a running team with a tough defense.

Yes not likely, but like I said it's a plot twist, AND in my opinion the only way we pull anything together this season.

Unfortunately I have no faith in KM to adapt. He's already proven to be incapable of doing so after an entire off-season. What did anyone expect from the JG coaching tree?
This right here is why I still come to the forum.

Reactions: CWR

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If you're upset by what you saw that means you weren't expecting it, which also means you weren't paying attention to the fact that this team got worse in the off-season, not better. We didn't upgrade a single position. Not one.

So LB and DL not upgraded? S? Just not true.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
This team started the season EXACTLY how they ended the season. Only difference, different fans in the seats at AT&T. :laugh:

Jarntt

Reaction score
I don't usually overinflate a loss or two and really didn't expect to win. But that game was so bad. It basically reinforced every concern we had about this team coming into the year as a fan base and that was before Dak got hurt. This was one of the worst week 1 games I can recall.

doomsday808

Reaction score
Still convinced that the front office doesn't know what they are doing. All of them operating in the "Jerry Bubble". Sunday's game really was the result of the work that the front did in the offseason. I'm not seeing any sense of urgency on their behalf. We can blame Dak, CEEDEE, OL all we want, but at the end of the day, what we saw on Sunday was the result the front office/coach's off season work. IMO

Cmac

Reaction score
Feeling alright......but Sunday was shocking. 'Boys looked like this was a 2nd preseason game.....the shock was that this was the 1st regular season game and the performance unveiled on the field and coming from the sidelines. Looked like all the other teams, win or loss.....been working better than what I saw and expected at Jerry World.

visionary

Reaction score
I was pretty mad Sunday. I mean that was as bad a home opener as I can remember. Dak’s injury is a big deal despite what the haters say. The fall off between he and Rush is huge. Tampa has a good defense and the WRs are injured but I think the biggest culprit is Moore. I rewatched the game and it’s hard to believe how bad he is. I could not figure out what he was trying to do. It was obvious early that the WRs were going to be no help. Lamb btw is a clown. He should have gone heavy and ran Zeke and Pollard hard. I would also gotten both of those guys in space with screens and quick hitches. I am thinking 40 total touches between the 2 of them. Yet they had a fraction of that. It had to be done given zero help from the wideouts. Yet he made no attempt. The guy is terrible.

I thought this was a 11-6 team. I knew the first 6 we’re going to be rough but I thought 3-3 was possible. Now I just can’t see it. Opening the season with 2 home losses will sink a season fast. The defense is going to be good. I am positive about that. Gallup and Washington are around the corner. Dak back by the end of October. The team which can’t steal a game ever needs to do just that. I think a week 2 home game is a must win. Another loss and I am afraid this is a 10 loss season.

This franchise is teetering. In my opinion like never before.

You guys finding any rays of sunshine?

i think you are being overly optimistic

:muttley:

Praxit

Reaction score
...haha..it is an 11-6 team. We just have a QB that needs good supply of guts.
A wake up shot why you wanted to play football.

Asklesko

Reaction score
I'm coming around to the view that Dak has played his last game in Dallas now that Cooper Rush has arrived

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
If seeing the comments on different threads, don’t think many have calmed down. I know the laughter on some threads have me rolling on the ground.

Jipper

Reaction score
I still don’t care about watching Sunday against the bengals….only time will tell if that changes

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I was pretty mad Sunday. I mean that was as bad a home opener as I can remember. Dak’s injury is a big deal despite what the haters say. The fall off between he and Rush is huge. Tampa has a good defense and the WRs are injured but I think the biggest culprit is Moore. I rewatched the game and it’s hard to believe how bad he is. I could not figure out what he was trying to do. It was obvious early that the WRs were going to be no help. Lamb btw is a clown. He should have gone heavy and ran Zeke and Pollard hard. I would also gotten both of those guys in space with screens and quick hitches. I am thinking 40 total touches between the 2 of them. Yet they had a fraction of that. It had to be done given zero help from the wideouts. Yet he made no attempt. The guy is terrible.

I thought this was a 11-6 team. I knew the first 6 we’re going to be rough but I thought 3-3 was possible. Now I just can’t see it. Opening the season with 2 home losses will sink a season fast. The defense is going to be good. I am positive about that. Gallup and Washington are around the corner. Dak back by the end of October. The team which can’t steal a game ever needs to do just that. I think a week 2 home game is a must win. Another loss and I am afraid this is a 10 loss season.

As I said when Tyron went down............this season is over. But that was in regards to any chance at a great season. Now we can say it over for anything at all. They were going to lose the first two games even if Dak played. Now we have no chance beating Philly. Can we beat Giants? Im thinking it doesnt matter.

shabazz

Reaction score
The bright spot is that it happened in the beginning of the season where we have our toughest games. Dak will be back for the way easier part of the season.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
As I said when Tyron went down............this season is over. But that was in regards to any chance at a great season. Now we can say it over for anything at all. They were going to lose the first two games even if Dak played. Now we have no chance beating Philly. Can we beat Giants? Im thinking it doesnt matter.
The Giants are playing well. That coaching staff has done a solid job. They won’t be a gimme win for any team, IMO… as the Tennessee game showed.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score

I feel like Dallas was about as expected on Sunday night, so I didn't get too low. I just don't feel that this team as constructed can win against the top tier teams in the NFL. We are in a state of mediocre purgatory, which is honestly the worst place you can be as a football franchise.