Agent: Can the Cowboys afford not to give Dak a record-breaking extension

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
In other words, there is no clean way out of this for many fans.......take your pick. Good luck! (lol) This is messy.......

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ive-dak-prescott-a-record-breaking-extension/

Agent's Take: Can Cowboys afford not to give Dak Prescott a record-breaking extension?​

The Cowboys are in a financial pickle when it comes to their franchise QB​

By Joel Corry

54 mins ago•8 min read

The Dallas Cowboys' season came to a shocking end in the wild-card playoff round with a 48-32 home loss to the Green Bay Packers. A No. 7 seed hadn't won a postseason game since the NFL expanded the playoffs to 14 teams in the 2020 season.

Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott took his share of the blame for the historic upset loss. "I sucked tonight, that was it," said Prescott postgame.

Prescott completed 41 of 60 passes (68.3%) for 403 yards with three touchdowns and two interceptions, including one for a pick six. The stat line is misleading because Prescott did most of his damage in garbage time. Green Bay's first-year starting quarterback Jordan Love thoroughly outplayed Prescott. After trailing the Packers 48-16 in the fourth quarter, Prescott connected on 17 of 21 passes (81%) for 210 yards with two touchdowns.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
The ONLY option is to get an otherworldly coach who can get more out of a bus driver...the highest paid bus driver. Or keep McCarthy and lose on both fronts.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As I see it......the No.1 problem is the way Stephen structures his QBs' contracts........like a line of credit. He borrows and pushes balances down the road. Well, it's overloaded when time to pay the piper when you can no longer afford it

John813

Reaction score
These days with QB's the end of the contract will always be messy. They either retire and trigger a large dead cap, suck and get cut or traded and trigger a big dead cap hit.
Extending him just kicks that can down the road.

Dallas can just June 1st cut him. Split the dead cap in two seasons. Ride or die with Lance and/or draft a QB as the backup 2025 plan.
However, with Jerry's delusional mindset, they'll con themselves in that the team is once again just a few pieces away from a deep run with the current lineup.

irishline

Reaction score
In other words, there is no clean way out of this for many fans.......take your pick. Good luck! (lol) This is messy.......

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ive-dak-prescott-a-record-breaking-extension/

Agent's Take: Can Cowboys afford not to give Dak Prescott a record-breaking extension?​

The Cowboys are in a financial pickle when it comes to their franchise QB​

By Joel Corry

54 mins ago•8 min read

The Dallas Cowboys' season came to a shocking end in the wild-card playoff round with a 48-32 home loss to the Green Bay Packers. A No. 7 seed hadn't won a postseason game since the NFL expanded the playoffs to 14 teams in the 2020 season.

Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott took his share of the blame for the historic upset loss. "I sucked tonight, that was it," said Prescott postgame.

Prescott completed 41 of 60 passes (68.3%) for 403 yards with three touchdowns and two interceptions, including one for a pick six. The stat line is misleading because Prescott did most of his damage in garbage time. Green Bay's first-year starting quarterback Jordan Love thoroughly outplayed Prescott. After trailing the Packers 48-16 in the fourth quarter, Prescott connected on 17 of 21 passes (81%) for 210 yards with two touchdowns.

Is Joel Corry's last name Prescott?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I pick getting rid of the bum anyway you can.
Which bum? JJ or Dak? Because of now, Dak owns JJ and has him by the short hairs. They are engaged to each other and a divorce is not coming any time soon. No team is going to want Dak and that massive contract, and JJ cannot get rid of him, so get prepared for another fun season, Ok?

Here we go....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Which bum? JJ or Dak? Because of now, Dak owns JJ and has him by the short hairs. They are engaged to each other and a divorce is not coming any time soon. No team is going to want Dak and that massive contract, and JJ cannot get rid of him, so get prepared for another fun season, Ok?

Here we go....
Just pay him his last year and let him walk.

I don't care who we lose in the process.

The bum has to go or you're going to be in the exact situation 4 years from now doing it all over again.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yep.

If you’re goal is to keep Dak you gotta get Belichick.

If you don’t do that then we know how this ends.

If you can’t win with Belichick then so be it.
This is probably the best solution .........and Dak a short-term extension

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You think Belichick can fix Dak, after eight years? You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it swim.
I think the Jones’s want to keep Dak and if that’s their plan then you go get Belichick.

If your plan is to get rid of Dak then you can bring in whatever coach you want really.

I personally think it’s going to be ridiculously tough to pay Dak and have the surrounding team he needs to win it all and I’ve been saying that since it was time to give him an extension and he keeps proving me right.

With that said he did improve this year and I give McCarthy a ton of credit for that.