Agent: Can the Cowboys afford not to give Dak a record-breaking extension

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This article should be must read for the zone.

There are no easy answers as much as some of our posters wish it were otherwise
Exactly my point .............there is no easy way out of this, especially if you still wanna win.

Kwyn

Reaction score
We "can't afford" not to give a record breaking deal to a guy who hasn't hit 90 yards by halftime in 4 of his last 5 playoff starts.

Was this article written ghost written by Dak's agent? Good grief.
Math is hard even when it’s explained in simple terms

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yes the cowboys actually can afford to get rid of Dak.

If they cut Dak’s post June 1 they will be under the salary cap this year before any other moves.

The dead cap next year would also be manageable.

KB1122

Reaction score
WIth the salary cap, there is always a way out, if you want to do it.

Rip the band-aid off, and come back with a huge free agent haul in two years.

KB1122

Reaction score
People aren't looking at the back end. It might suck for a year. But on the back side, when Dak's salary comes off the cap and add in the savings on the qb1 position, you clear out a ton of cap space to spend in free agency.

Swagger

Reaction score
The worst quarterback record in play off history in the NFL and with 14 TDs / 7 INTs in those games.

He's a bum. Move on from him.

Post 1st June cut with contracts agreed in principle with the players being resigned for next season.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Did you read the article?
Yup, sure did

They can live with the Post June 1 numbers - take your lumps now. Sure, you are gonna lose some talent via FA or being released - but you can't continue this Dak experiment
If the goal is to win the Super Bowl - heck, even if it's making it to the NFCC - you aren't doing it with an overpaid QB who folds under pressure.

Cut the cord

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The worst quarterback record in play off history in the NFL and with 14 TDs / 7 INTs in those games.

He's a bum. Move on from him.

Post 1st June cut with contracts agreed in principle with the players being resigned for next season.
Actually 14 and 7 is far better than I thought lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Its not. But who's is? Nick Foles didn't carry Philly. Eli didn't carry NY. Even Mahomes didn't "carry" KC.

I don't need Dak to "carry" me. I need Dak to be the reason we aren't losing. And that was not the case. I need him to be the reason we are competing. I will not fault Dak for losing to a team 40 to 48. When everyone wanted to get on his cause about losing to Philly I didn't. Because his defense didn't show up and he played relatively well. I need him to take over games like he's shown. I need him to do it against the good teams. And maybe he can't.

But I have a hard time believing Romo couldn't. Dak couldn't. But Eli Manning could....TWICE. Nick Foles could. Trent Dilfer could. Brad Johnson could. Joe Flacco could. Cam Newton could.

And maybe they can. I've come to grips that Romo and Dak probably could've won anywhere else. But not in Dallas. Jerry has created a monster that no one could win in.

I’m sorry but Dak’s not good enough to carry a team. It’s clear. If you want to argue find someone else.

He is not an outlier when it comes to paying the QB and winning anything like the outlier, Eli, you named.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m sorry but Dak’s not good enough to carry a team. It’s clear. If you want to argue find someone else.

He is not an outlier when it comes to paying the QB and winning anything like the outlier, Eli, you named.
Did you even read the post? I verbatim said he can't carry the Cowboys. But he shouldn't be asked too either. You can cover your ears but its the truth. I know for some fans...its easier for you guys to pretend like playing the QB position is all you need. So many good QB's...so many great QB's without a ring....Phillip Rivers, Tony Romo, Dan Marino, Warren Moon....why? What did Romo have that Eli Manning didn't? Beause he couldn't "carry" his team?

The NFL shows you what it takes to win. They show you year in and out. When guys like Joe Flacco and Matt Stafford win rings they show you. And you guys still just completely miss it. I don't understand it. Not sure if its just a age gap thing or what.

KB1122

Reaction score
I wasn't really ticked off about this situation, until Dak's agent started bragging about having the Cowboys cornered in a news publication.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Denver can dump Wilson, Dallas can dump Dak. But, that would remind Jerry that he wasted a lot of money and years on a QB and many ‘I told you so’s’. He will double down on stupidity……