Agents Take: Cowboys options for Dak

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys are insane...it's insane TO ME how some of you would rather let him walk and go through a whole bunch of Weedens again for 5+ years. You guys are so unappreciative, we drafted a 4th round QB who actually turned out to be pretty good and it's nonstop complaining. It would have been so much better to mortgage the next few years and go get a Wentz right? Oh wait...

Dak go to sleep man............

conner01

Reaction score
How many QB desperate teams are there? Around 4-5? And it's debatable if they're all desperate. Several of them will be picking high in this upcoming draft. I realize it only takes one, but how many teams are left that would be willing to break the bank for Dak?
We will and it is not just Dak. Tank and Zeke want to break the bank as well. This is going to be a crazy offseason.
everyone loves money
Dlaw will get signed
Zeke has time
I think Dak will look at his future and his future depends on playing well and winning
That means you need talent around you
This won’t be dak’s last chance to get paid

rags747

Reaction score
You can’t use Brady’s contract as a baseline though. Brady is playing for much less than his market value. Brady is making 35+ mil right now if he wanted to force the issue.
Ok so so maybe Dak won’t force the issue? Yeah right...

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
If they give Dak 30 million a year it will be the final nail in the coffin for a once Great Franchise...we will be the official NEW Cleveland Browns.........:omg:

Pappy it’s really not all bad dude. I liked what I saw at the end of the year, and I think Fak can succeed throwing the ball downfield in a wide open offense. I think this OC hire is crucial, because if it doesn’t pan out a new HC, OC and QB couldn’t be on the way. At this point what do we have to lose? He’s not great, but can be good. So I’m willing to wait and see myself.

HungryLion

Reaction score
How many QB desperate teams are there? Around 4-5? And it's debatable if they're all desperate. Several of them will be picking high in this upcoming draft. I realize it only takes one, but how many teams are left that would be willing to break the bank for Dak?

Plenty.

Despite the fact that some posters on this message board, severely underrate him. 25 year old QB’s with his resume are a hot commodity when they are on the open market.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Pappy it’s really not all bad dude. I liked what I saw at the end of the year, and I think Fak can succeed throwing the ball downfield in a wide open offense. I think this OC hire is crucial, because if it doesn’t pan out a new HC, OC and QB couldn’t be on the way. At this point what do we have to lose? He’s not great, but can be good. So I’m willing to wait and see myself.
Don’t bother replying to that biggest clown on this board. Granted you’re the second o_O

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

A mature response thank you!

Maybe we're just spoiled after all the great QB we have had under center but I see no reason for Jerry to rush and give this young man millions this off-season when he has the option to wait it out and see how Dak performs esp under a new OC...its pretty evident that he has major flaws and correcting them going into his 4th year is a long shot at best.
Spend the millions on Foles.....if not I see us going big for a QB in the Draft in 2020.....In the big Picture of things we are 1 DT and 1 QB away from a Superbowl...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course it makes sense in the context that Dak has another year on his contract. With Dak bring the starter for next year, he’s not going to say he feels Dak isn’t the starter.

Dak is in no position to demand anything, because Jerry has a whole year to look at the situation. And Dak gets endorsements just being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys.
Everyone gets endorsements.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Maybe we're just spoiled after all the great QB we have had under center but I see no reason for Jerry to rush and give this young man millions this off-season when he has the option to wait it out and see how Dak performs esp under a new OC...its pretty evident that he has major flaws and correcting them going into his 4th year is a long shot at best.
Spend the millions on Foles.....if not I see us going big for a QB in the Draft in 2020.....In the big Picture of things we are 1 DT and 1 QB away from a Superbowl...
You don’t deserve a mature response if you think Foles is any good.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

I wouldn’t spend the millions on Foles. I’d roll with Dak for that kinda coin. IMO Foles works with what the Eagles do well. He wasn’t good with the Rams, and I can’t recall if he even took a snap for the Chiefs. But I’d rather see what we have in Dak especially with a creative OC that can bring certain elements we haven’t seen around here on offense in along long time.

Qcard

Reaction score
This is a business not a beauty passing pageant.
Look at the checkmate quote Dak's agent holds.

"Prescott's four-year rookie contract will expire after the 2019 season. He is scheduled to make approximately $2.05 million in 2019 thanks to earning the performance escalator available to third through seventh round picks in the final year of rookie contracts."

Some folks around these parts will have you believe Dak has no chance. These contract escalators and performances were written prior to Dak ever starting for the Cowboys.

It's not about if you think he derseves Market Value QB contract..Dak Earned It!

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
The best thing for the team and Dak is to extend now for large GTD but not stupid money.
Team can always trade him later if they so desire.
Keeps cap hits at a reasonable number.

If the Cowboys sign him now and later decide he's not worth keeping and want to trade him, what team will be so stupid as to want him? You make it sound like it's easy. If the Cowboys sign him, they had better hope Dak is worth every penny, because if the Cowboys decide he needs to be traded, then no teams will touch him. If the Cowboys don't sign him before he becomes a free agent, that's when teams will try to snag him.

So I think the best time to sign him is before he becomes a free agent, but after they've seen that he's worked out a few of his bad tendencies.

yimyammer

Reaction score
A very underrated aspect of our franchise's handicap in terms of contract negotiations.

They have zero perception of what leverage means.

I assume both Joneses have negotiated plenty, but both of them are completely idiotic when it comes to contract posturing.

They basically acknowledge they will end up paying certain individuals.

That is an agent's dream.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If they give Dak 30 million a year it will be the final nail in the coffin for a once Great Franchise...we will be the official NEW Cleveland Browns.........:omg:
Funny but we never heard you complain against the Romo overpaid contracts that crippled the team!