Aggressive Offseason?

links18

Reaction score
OK, Jerry and Stephen, you are keeping McCarthy. I don't like the decision, but it's yours to make. Now if you want to keep the fan base, you better have one of the most aggressive offseasons in recent Cowboys history. None of this "We like our guys" "We don't need so and so FA, etc." Fix the run running game, fortify the offensive line (no more relying on Tyron, upgrade Steele, etc.), do something about the run defense, no more of this hybrid safety LB BS, fix the defensive scheme, no more playing off receivers by 10+ yards, etc. Yeah, you might hamstring the cap in the future, but nobody is getting any younger, especially not you Jerry. None of this may be enough to overcome the deficiencies at QB and Head Coach, but if you don't even try, why should we believe you care?

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Sounds like a good start to me. Too much is not enough. Get a aggressive, young defensive coordinator that will get in your face. One more thing? When was the last time Dallas had a big mean nasty player that don't like loosing. Go get us one. A Harvey Martin type would suit me just fine.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Another draft of later of the round picks. Super fun.

CWR

Reaction score
OK, Jerry and Stephen, you are keeping McCarthy. I don't like the decision, but it's yours to make. Now if you want to keep the fan base, you better have one of the most aggressive offseasons in recent Cowboys history. None of this "We like our guys" "We don't need so and so FA, etc." Fix the run running game, fortify the offensive line (no more relying on Tyron, upgrade Steele, etc.), do something about the run defense, no more of this hybrid safety LB BS, fix the defensive scheme, no more playing off receivers by 10+ yards, etc. Yeah, you might hamstring the cap in the future, but nobody is getting any younger, especially not you Jerry. None of this may be enough to overcome the deficiencies at QB and Head Coach, but if you don't even try, why should we believe you care?
I'm not sure we have the capital or creativity to make that happen.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I don't know what we're going to do. Obviously coaching changes aren't applied to the Salary-cap, but with the team? I think they'll be aggressive just trying to get us under the cap.

infamousstyles

Reaction score
In order for any difference in the postseason we can’t like our guys lol. If we sit pat it’s going to be a long season. We need free agent signings who know how to win and aren’t easily distracted from their day job.

yentl911

Reaction score
I would hope we are somewhat aggressive - especially around the LB, OL and DT positions. We will be limited from what I understand due to our salary cap situation and having Lamb and Parsons coming up to be signed. Not sure how true that really is.

The organization is going to have to make some very tough decisions on several positions this summer.

RS12

Reaction score
Our first clue was keeping a lame duck coach whose team face planted and quickly quit last weekend. That sound aggressive to you?

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Agree with most of it.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just made a post like this, we have to be aggressive, none of this we're going to be active then don't be active, we like our guys, championships are not built like this
I mean, if they're really going to keep big Mike and Dak around for one last ride, surely they will finally pull their heads out and go all in? It is time to say screw next year, we're getting this thing done no matter what.

It is the only way keeping Mike and Dak makes sense. To run back the status quo would be remarkably stupid, even for Jerry Jones.

If they want to do this, fine. I can accept it if they actually make the logical decision to just finally build a juggernaut and say forget about the future.

Spend your first three draft picks on players that will instantly impact your roster (RB, LB, OL) and go get 2 or 3 marquee free agents. Add more void years to Dak's contract and just deal with the dead money in 2025, 2026, 2027.

conner01

Reaction score
I don't know what we're going to do. Obviously coaching changes aren't applied to the Salary-cap, but with the team? I think they'll be aggressive just trying to get us under the cap.
We are 11 mil over cap right now. Thats why they don’t have many options aside from extending Dak to clear money, signing Lamb to save some off his nearly 18 mil 5th year option. We have few guys you could trade or cut who save you any money though we do have some trade options that could add us some picks by trading guys on rookie deals