Aggressive Offseason?

tunahelper

Reaction score
Jerry is most concerned about being relative. Jerry is content if Dallas is winning some games and being talked about, but most of all the stadium full.

Jerry gets paid and all is well. He doesn't care about titles its all about the Money.

links18

Reaction score
Jerry says he thinks we are "close"? How close? Close enough that blowing it up doesn't make sense. But wasn't that the case this season too? And they still pretty much sat out free agency and demurred on any in season acquisitions. Did they learn they need to be more aggressive or are they blowing smoke you know where to keep you interested in their product.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, Jerry and Stephen, you are keeping McCarthy. I don't like the decision, but it's yours to make. Now if you want to keep the fan base, you better have one of the most aggressive offseasons in recent Cowboys history. None of this "We like our guys" "We don't need so and so FA, etc." Fix the run running game, fortify the offensive line (no more relying on Tyron, upgrade Steele, etc.), do something about the run defense, no more of this hybrid safety LB BS, fix the defensive scheme, no more playing off receivers by 10+ yards, etc. Yeah, you might hamstring the cap in the future, but nobody is getting any younger, especially not you Jerry. None of this may be enough to overcome the deficiencies at QB and Head Coach, but if you don't even try, why should we believe you care?
The fan base isn't going anywhere, some will whine, call names and come up with all kinds of ideas, most of which are unrealistic.....but, they'll never leave.

nobody

Reaction score
The fan base isn't going anywhere, some will whine, call names and come up with all kinds of ideas, most of which are unrealistic.....but, they'll never leave.
Then there's the people that whine about people venting rather than being constructive. One can argue those people are much worse because they're attacking the wrong people.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then there's the people that whine about people venting rather than being constructive. One can argue those people are much worse because they're attacking the wrong people.
I don't like crybabies, they need to man up. Criticism is great, whining, name calling and threatening to leave is childish. If you don't believe, you don't belong.
Besides, you're Nobody.....;)

nobody

Reaction score
I don't like crybabies, they need to man up. Criticism is great, whining, name calling and threatening to leave is childish. If you don't believe, you don't belong.
lol, true. I'm Nobody :)

I mean this with respect because I don't think you see it. Spending so much time attacking the fanbase and vilifying them for venting on a forum about the state of their favorite team can be seen as childish too. I get that you don't like it. If I was on a team and someone was like that, I'd hate it. This is a fan forum, not a place where not believing causes failure.

It comes across as you taking your frustrations on the situation out on the wrong people because these people will actually read what you post while the true culprits of your frustration won't. That might not be your intent, but it's how you come across. Take that with a grain of salt because after all, I'm nobody. lol

stilltheguru

Reaction score
To me, by keeping McCarthy, and maybe Quinn, it means they don't like our guys because where else would the fault lie of the coaches are not to blame?

What if the Cowboys fixed the running game and the defense to stop the run. Let's say they do something about the poor blocking, or maybe use motion to take defenders out of plays like the Packers did, and they get a good RB either in free agency or in the draft. Then they sign some big powerful DTs along with a stud run stuffing LB. Would we feel better about this team going into 2024? I know it's a hypothetical, but if these are the two main problems facing Dallas and they solve them, how far can this team go in the playoffs?

I saw someone on Twitter/X say if the Cowboys are going to keep McCarthy and Quinn then they better go all in this offseason. My question is, what is all in? I don't have an answer but addressing the run and run defense has got to be part of "all in". If Jerry breaks down and signs a top tier DT to play alongside Hankins I think that would be a huge gesture that he is trying.
All in is 3 key free agent pieces on defense

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Right. Being critical is fine to me. All the crying about how we will never ever win is incredibly childish and unproductive. Look for solutions, damn it. I just can’t stand fatalism…

Flamma

Reaction score
I highly doubt we see an aggressive offseason. They have to sign Lamb, they could extend Parsons, and extend our fabulous quarterback. They'll probably cover RB and OL in the draft, and fill holes using the FA dumpster. Maybe trade for some aging vets. Then when the draft comes, whatever pick we are, that's where we sit and wait. That's the Cowboys SOP and I don't see it changing this offseason. I'm not even saying this is a bad thing. It's just the usual.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol, true. I'm Nobody :)

I mean this with respect because I don't think you see it. Spending so much time attacking the fanbase and vilifying them for venting on a forum about the state of their favorite team can be seen as childish too. I get that you don't like it. If I was on a team and someone was like that, I'd hate it. This is a fan forum, not a place where not believing causes failure.

It comes across as you taking your frustrations on the situation out on the wrong people because these people will actually read what you post while the true culprits of your frustration won't. That might not be your intent, but it's how you come across. Take that with a grain of salt because after all, I'm nobody. lol
I get it....I was a coach for 30 years and saw this up close and personal....that's why it bothers me, but to be honest most of the time I do it just to fan the flames....just venting like everyone else does. It's all good...I'm trying to tone it down, it's a work in progress

nobody

Reaction score
I get it....I was a coach for 30 years and saw this up close and personal....that's why it bothers me, but to be honest most of the time I do it just to fan the flames....just venting like everyone else does. It's all good...I'm trying to tone it down, it's a work in progress
The thing that triggered so many of us wasn't that we lost. It's how we lost. It keeps happening. Rather than hard fought losses we see choke jobs by the team. There is no shame in a hard-fought loss. You gave it your all. We didn't see that, sadly. McCarthy said it himself when he said "We weren't prepared."

That statement there should have infuriated the entire fanbase. Maybe it did and we're all responding differently. I was extraordinarily angry for a couple of days. Now I'm just shaking my head and laughing at the ridiculousness. I don't think everyone is quite done with their reactions though. Nearly 30 years of the same old is frustrating. You see echoes of what could be only to see the team play unfocused when it matters.

If some serious changes aren't made in the off-season, I expect the same or worse results. Does that mean I'll give up and stop cheering them on? Of course not. I'm just not going to fall for it and instead just enjoy watching football.

Steve007

Reaction score
To me, by keeping McCarthy, and maybe Quinn, it means they don't like our guys because where else would the fault lie of the coaches are not to blame?

What if the Cowboys fixed the running game and the defense to stop the run. Let's say they do something about the poor blocking, or maybe use motion to take defenders out of plays like the Packers did, and they get a good RB either in free agency or in the draft. Then they sign some big powerful DTs along with a stud run stuffing LB. Would we feel better about this team going into 2024? I know it's a hypothetical, but if these are the two main problems facing Dallas and they solve them, how far can this team go in the playoffs?

I saw someone on Twitter/X say if the Cowboys are going to keep McCarthy and Quinn then they better go all in this offseason. My question is, what is all in? I don't have an answer but addressing the run and run defense has got to be part of "all in". If Jerry breaks down and signs a top tier DT to play alongside Hankins I think that would be a huge gesture that he is trying.
It won't matter. The Cowboys don't have a QB that can win in the playoffs. Dak will choke again.