Aggressive Offseason?

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
Can't do it if your qb is getting a 60 million dollar pay day, to prevent signing him to an extension.
I always "chuckle" when I see posts wanting us to sign big time free agents and have an All Star Rosters lol

What team out there has All pros at every position?? It's impossible!

You pick your poison.

Great over all roster with a cheap QB or expensive QB with average roster ...

You can't have both.

You can't!!!

It has been argued not even Rodgers at his prime was worth 69$M heck, not even Mahomes right now might be worth it look at his team now !!

With Dak at QB, we will just be rearranging the chairs on the sinking Titanic...

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
OK, Jerry and Stephen, you are keeping McCarthy. I don't like the decision, but it's yours to make. Now if you want to keep the fan base, you better have one of the most aggressive offseasons in recent Cowboys history. None of this "We like our guys" "We don't need so and so FA, etc." Fix the run running game, fortify the offensive line (no more relying on Tyron, upgrade Steele, etc.), do something about the run defense, no more of this hybrid safety LB BS, fix the defensive scheme, no more playing off receivers by 10+ yards, etc. Yeah, you might hamstring the cap in the future, but nobody is getting any younger, especially not you Jerry. None of this may be enough to overcome the deficiencies at QB and Head Coach, but if you don't even try, why should we believe you care?
Understood, but with limited cap space , how much can they realistically do?
We don't have a front office like the egirls and Rams that understand how to manipulate the cap.
Our front office are short bus folks, lol

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Their aggressive offseason:

Go on vacation at the start of free agency
Extend Dak to lower his cap hit
Extend CeeDee
Bargain shop what's left in free agency
Draft
Then this year is like last year , and the year before that , and ect ect.....

cowboys1732

Reaction score
Prepare to be underwhelmed in FA. In Jerry’s defense, he has spent money on FA in the past and it did not help…I just threw up a little for defending Jerry.

They are going to concentrate on new deals/extensions in house, look for bargains in FA and on to the draft.

Best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
OK, Jerry and Stephen, you are keeping McCarthy. I don't like the decision, but it's yours to make. Now if you want to keep the fan base, you better have one of the most aggressive offseasons in recent Cowboys history. None of this "We like our guys" "We don't need so and so FA, etc." Fix the run running game, fortify the offensive line (no more relying on Tyron, upgrade Steele, etc.), do something about the run defense, no more of this hybrid safety LB BS, fix the defensive scheme, no more playing off receivers by 10+ yards, etc. Yeah, you might hamstring the cap in the future, but nobody is getting any younger, especially not you Jerry. None of this may be enough to overcome the deficiencies at QB and Head Coach, but if you don't even try, why should we believe you care?
you are right he dont care

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I'm pretty much convinced now they will go with this team and without any major changes into at least another year. Those 12-5 seasons made them believe they are on to something.

Nothing we can do about it.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Problem is they will be broke too with all the main contract they need to handle and they cheap.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We are 11 mil over cap right now. Thats why they don’t have many options aside from extending Dak to clear money, signing Lamb to save some off his nearly 18 mil 5th year option. We have few guys you could trade or cut who save you any money though we do have some trade options that could add us some picks by trading guys on rookie deals
I'm pretty much convinced now they will go with this team and without any major changes into at least another year. Those 12-5 seasons made them believe they are on to something.

Nothing we can do about it.
nothing is correct

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I mean, if they're really going to keep big Mike and Dak around for one last ride, surely they will finally pull their heads out and go all in? It is time to say screw next year, we're getting this thing done no matter what.

It is the only way keeping Mike and Dak makes sense. To run back the status quo would be remarkably stupid, even for Jerry Jones.

If they want to do this, fine. I can accept it if they actually make the logical decision to just finally build a juggernaut and say forget about the future.

Spend your first three draft picks on players that will instantly impact your roster (RB, LB, OL) and go get 2 or 3 marquee free agents. Add more void years to Dak's contract and just deal with the dead money in 2025, 2026, 2027.
mr Bleed---- if being remarkably stupid, even for Jerry Jones is still beyond comprehension...Jerry may surprise you?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
With big extensions coming up don’t expect any splashy FA signings. Low to mid tier as usual.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Jerry does not need to do any of this. Low I.Q. Dallas fans will fork over their money next year for the same okie doke.

Kumala808

Reaction score
Sure up that linebackers and add a true 1 rb. Things will be different. You can't win putting it all on the qb.