Aggressive Offseason?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
OK, Jerry and Stephen, you are keeping McCarthy. I don't like the decision, but it's yours to make. Now if you want to keep the fan base, you better have one of the most aggressive offseasons in recent Cowboys history. None of this "We like our guys" "We don't need so and so FA, etc." Fix the run running game, fortify the offensive line (no more relying on Tyron, upgrade Steele, etc.), do something about the run defense, no more of this hybrid safety LB BS, fix the defensive scheme, no more playing off receivers by 10+ yards, etc. Yeah, you might hamstring the cap in the future, but nobody is getting any younger, especially not you Jerry. None of this may be enough to overcome the deficiencies at QB and Head Coach, but if you don't even try, why should we believe you care?
With their salary cap I don’t understand how they can be aggressive.

Creeper

Reaction score
To me, by keeping McCarthy, and maybe Quinn, it means they don't like our guys because where else would the fault lie of the coaches are not to blame?

What if the Cowboys fixed the running game and the defense to stop the run. Let's say they do something about the poor blocking, or maybe use motion to take defenders out of plays like the Packers did, and they get a good RB either in free agency or in the draft. Then they sign some big powerful DTs along with a stud run stuffing LB. Would we feel better about this team going into 2024? I know it's a hypothetical, but if these are the two main problems facing Dallas and they solve them, how far can this team go in the playoffs?

I saw someone on Twitter/X say if the Cowboys are going to keep McCarthy and Quinn then they better go all in this offseason. My question is, what is all in? I don't have an answer but addressing the run and run defense has got to be part of "all in". If Jerry breaks down and signs a top tier DT to play alongside Hankins I think that would be a huge gesture that he is trying.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
OK, Jerry and Stephen, you are keeping McCarthy. I don't like the decision, but it's yours to make. Now if you want to keep the fan base, you better have one of the most aggressive offseasons in recent Cowboys history. None of this "We like our guys" "We don't need so and so FA, etc." Fix the run running game, fortify the offensive line (no more relying on Tyron, upgrade Steele, etc.), do something about the run defense, no more of this hybrid safety LB BS, fix the defensive scheme, no more playing off receivers by 10+ yards, etc. Yeah, you might hamstring the cap in the future, but nobody is getting any younger, especially not you Jerry. None of this may be enough to overcome the deficiencies at QB and Head Coach, but if you don't even try, why should we believe you care?
100% agree!!!!!!!

If we are showing weaknesses before the trade deadline DO NOT SAY, “we like our guys”. Make moves to make it better!

We need to go ALL in on our Defense next year. Dak and McCarthy cannot be expected to score more than 17 points vs a playoff team.

There are a couple stud DT’s that will be FA’s, including KC’s Chris Jones. We need a 2nd above average pass rusher. We only have Micah right now.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The offseason is the same as always of late.

Spend big money on their own-
Look for cheap free agents to sign before the draft-
Conduct draft and then sit tight regardless of any holes or weaknesses.-

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Not happening even with a Dak extension.

FoxF

Reaction score
I see it as they painted themselves into a corner and have to make a splash in FA to give the fanbase hope. Bring in a big name player to overcome the organization ineptitude.

Sydla

Reaction score
I really have to chuckle at those that think this situation, with McCarthy being only under contract for one more year and us being apparently "close" is going spur Jerry on to suddenly go in an entire different direction with their FA strategy.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
It sounds great but it won’t happen…they’ll run the offseason the same way they have lately.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
As I see it ALL the Cowboys need this offseason is a couple of O Tackles, a quality wide out, a number 1 running back, D linemen (especially interior), a couple of linebackers, a standout D back, Trevon Diggs to come back as good as ever, Parson to get motivated to be as good as he can be, Lamb to get signed and happy and a new attitude (culture).

Looks like a snap....an easy offseason for top notch football executives like Jones and Son.

fansince68

Reaction score
Can't do it if your qb is getting a 60 million dollar pay day, to prevent signing him to an extension.