Aikman, Bledsoe, Romo - 'enough is enough' Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Add Dak to this list. Just plain had enough. Time to move on. Don't care about the cap hit. Don't care about who will play QB.

I remember seeing it with Aikman getting hurt again and again. Gametime decision and can't go because of another back issue. Gets concussed again. He just wasn't the same and father time caught up to him and he just wasn't good any longer. It was painfully evident that it was time to move on. Didn't matter who. Just give me something different.

I remember watching that statue Bledsoe play horrible and screaming at Parcells to put in Romo. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Romo did. Just give me something different.

I remember the bipolar hot/cold Romo hurting his back on a little hit in a meaningless preseason game. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Dak did. Just give me something different.

2 INTs and down 27-0 at home in a playoff game. Just had enough and wanted something new at QB. I don't care what Lance or Rush or some vet QB does. Just give me something different at QB.

Dak will roughly give you 8 good games, 5 mediocre games, and 5 absolute stinker games every year. So, there is a 5/18 chance (28%) of Dak stinking up any one game. Not going to string 3 or more wins in a row when you dial up a stinker nearly one out of every 3 or 4 games.

I think the entire Cowboy fan base felt the same at that time with Aikman, Bledsoe, and Romo. Just as they do with Dak today. The time is ripe for change at QB.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Exactly! Daks had the last 3 post seasons to prove himself against good teams and it's just getting worse. what pisses me off is everyone talked about this is it, make an NFC championship game or fire McCarthy and get rid of Dak. Jerry is a POS

1942willys

Reaction score
It's beyond time to move on. I don't blame management for giving it a try with Dak. I do blame them for the horrendous contract that has handcuffed the team.
I blame them for 2016 when they were trying to go against history which shows that no rookie QB is going to get you to the SB let alone win it.
and was once again shown this year

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Add Dak to this list. Just plain had enough. Time to move on. Don't care about the cap hit. Don't care about who will play QB.

I remember seeing it with Aikman getting hurt again and again. Gametime decision and can't go because of another back issue. Gets concussed again. He just wasn't the same and father time caught up to him and he just wasn't good any longer. It was painfully evident that it was time to move on. Didn't matter who. Just give me something different.

I remember watching that statue Bledsoe play horrible and screaming at Parcells to put in Romo. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Romo did. Just give me something different.

I remember the bipolar hot/cold Romo hurting his back on a little hit in a meaningless preseason game. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Dak did. Just give me something different.

2 INTs and down 27-0 at home in a playoff game. Just had enough and wanted something new at QB. I don't care what Lance or Rush or some vet QB does. Just give me something different at QB.

Dak will roughly give you 8 good games, 5 mediocre games, and 5 absolute stinker games every year. So, there is a 5/18 chance (28%) of Dak stinking up any one game. Not going to string 3 or more wins in a row when you dial up a stinker nearly one out of every 3 or 4 games.

I think the entire Cowboy fan base felt the same at that time with Aikman, Bledsoe, and Romo. Just as they do with Dak today. The time is ripe for change at QB.
I actually wanted Romo for the rest of that last season. But he got benched.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
After Aikman it was 5 years of misery. Would rather have some hope with a QB that’s been consistently getting us to the playoffs than playing musical chairs at the position, watching the losses pile up.

1942willys

Reaction score
After Aikman it was 5 years of misery. Would rather have some hope with a QB that’s been consistently getting us to the playoffs than playing musical chairs at the position, watching the losses pile up.
Well we had to rebuild the team during that time; so its a little bit different now. We have the core of a contender right now. Talent wise, anyway...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well we had to rebuild the team during that time; so its a little bit different now. We have the core of a contender right now. Talent wise, anyway...
Aikman was aging and couldn’t stay healthy. Plus the team was in deep decline. It led to reaching for Quincy Carter. It led to some rough years and several starting QBs. It was depressing!

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score

It’s as simple as that. This sport is supposed to be fun. Nothing fun about their group right now. Bunch of anxious gatekeepers

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How dare you lump Aikman in with the other chumps? 3 rings should buy some patience, and the OL collapsed far before Aikman ran out of gas thanks to Captain Jerry’s complete inability to find talent in the NFL draft year after year.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How dare you lump Aikman in with the other chumps? 3 rings should buy some patience, and the OL collapsed far before Aikman ran out of gas thanks to Captain Jerry’s complete inability to find talent in the NFL draft year after year.
I agree 100%. Aikman was a warrior that won 3 SB's. He should not be compared to any QB1 since he retired. Few around here seem to remember how bad the Cowboys were when they drafted him and how many concussions he suffered.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
The problem with a guy like Dak is it’s easier said than done to find a better replacement. Yes, in a perfect world we’d have a Mahomes,Burrow, Allen etc. but it can get ugly quick if you try and upgrade and flop on it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Dak is 2nd team All Pro.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem with a guy like Dak is it’s easier said than done to find a better replacement. Yes, in a perfect world we’d have a Mahomes,Burrow, Allen etc. but it can get ugly quick if you try and upgrade and flop on it.
I’d rather roll the dice than see the same thing year after year. You forget KC had Alex Smith at QB who’s basically Dak when they went all in on Mahomes moving up in the draft. The smart teams don’t wait for the wheels to completely fall off.

Status
Not open for further replies.