Aikman, Bledsoe, Romo - 'enough is enough' Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Amazed you became a fan and didn’t bail. Props to you. :thumbup: The very first Cowboys game I ever watched was the win over Miami in SB VI. I entered the scene at the perfect time. :flagwave:

Yes, it was a very rough start.

Cmac

Reaction score
8 years of Dak as the starting QB.....I've seen enough to know he's not good enough to lead this team to a Superbowl.....Don't hate him, I think he's a good QB, just not good enough to get it done, time to move on to someone else..
Shouldn't we give Dak 6 more years, given the longest tenured QB in Cowboy history had 14 years and is beloved.......TRomo? Just sayin'.

Cmac

Reaction score
Add Dak to this list. Just plain had enough. Time to move on. Don't care about the cap hit. Don't care about who will play QB.

I remember seeing it with Aikman getting hurt again and again. Gametime decision and can't go because of another back issue. Gets concussed again. He just wasn't the same and father time caught up to him and he just wasn't good any longer. It was painfully evident that it was time to move on. Didn't matter who. Just give me something different.

I remember watching that statue Bledsoe play horrible and screaming at Parcells to put in Romo. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Romo did. Just give me something different.

I remember the bipolar hot/cold Romo hurting his back on a little hit in a meaningless preseason game. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Dak did. Just give me something different.

2 INTs and down 27-0 at home in a playoff game. Just had enough and wanted something new at QB. I don't care what Lance or Rush or some vet QB does. Just give me something different at QB.

Dak will roughly give you 8 good games, 5 mediocre games, and 5 absolute stinker games every year. So, there is a 5/18 chance (28%) of Dak stinking up any one game. Not going to string 3 or more wins in a row when you dial up a stinker nearly one out of every 3 or 4 games.

I think the entire Cowboy fan base felt the same at that time with Aikman, Bledsoe, and Romo. Just as they do with Dak today. The time is ripe for change at QB.
Aikman shouldn't be in this conversation......at all. He's toting rings on his fingers.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Shouldn't we give Dak 6 more years, given the longest tenured QB in Cowboy history had 14 years and is beloved.......TRomo? Just sayin'.
I believe they call that the definition of Insanity, doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result..

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Add Dak to this list. Just plain had enough. Time to move on. Don't care about the cap hit. Don't care about who will play QB.

I remember seeing it with Aikman getting hurt again and again. Gametime decision and can't go because of another back issue. Gets concussed again. He just wasn't the same and father time caught up to him and he just wasn't good any longer. It was painfully evident that it was time to move on. Didn't matter who. Just give me something different.

I remember watching that statue Bledsoe play horrible and screaming at Parcells to put in Romo. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Romo did. Just give me something different.

I remember the bipolar hot/cold Romo hurting his back on a little hit in a meaningless preseason game. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Dak did. Just give me something different.

2 INTs and down 27-0 at home in a playoff game. Just had enough and wanted something new at QB. I don't care what Lance or Rush or some vet QB does. Just give me something different at QB.

Dak will roughly give you 8 good games, 5 mediocre games, and 5 absolute stinker games every year. So, there is a 5/18 chance (28%) of Dak stinking up any one game. Not going to string 3 or more wins in a row when you dial up a stinker nearly one out of every 3 or 4 games.

I think the entire Cowboy fan base felt the same at that time with Aikman, Bledsoe, and Romo. Just as they do with Dak today. The time is ripe for change at QB.
Some people have returned to 2016. Nothing wrong with wanting change as long as that expecting better is not guaranteed.

In Dallas, the final roster decision-maker remains Jerry Jones. His most recent GM rationale was going rogue and acquiring a former, high, first round quarterback, who was kicked to the curb for a fourth round draft pick. Genius.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Some people have returned to 2016. Nothing wrong with wanting change as long as that expecting better is not guaranteed.

In Dallas, the final roster decision-maker remains Jerry Jones. His most recent GM rationale was going rogue and acquiring a former, high, first round quarterback, who was kicked to the curb for a fourth round draft pick. Genius.
I actually think the trade for Lance was good. Good insurance policy if Dak were to get injured and just in case Dak stunk it up. Well, Dak stunk it up and the Cowboys are now in position to move away from Dak if they so choose.

Cmac

Reaction score
I believe they call that the definition of Insanity, doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result..
Then our franchise has been suffering since '95. I'm thinking we need to quit thinking just one player bears the brunt of all the holes & weaknesses. "Band-aid on a whale" issue. Need to get a better doctor to fix the problems, not just a problem.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually think the trade for Lance was good. Good insurance policy if Dak were to get injured and just in case Dak stunk it up. Well, Dak stunk it up and the Cowboys are now in position to move away from Dak if they so choose.
Fans have their opinions. On the other hand, Jones has his down the road/Aaron Rodgers-to-Jordan Love transition set already. In his head. No insurance policy. No near future 'Surprise Cowboys fans! I Waived Prescott! Heeeeeere's Trey!' plan.

For his sake, I can only hope that different coaching and more patient acclimation to the NFL will eventually benefit Lance. If unsuccessful, Lance will be another example of final decision-making by Jones--although Lance does stand out as one of his more unique rationalizations since he was so proactive in securing Lance.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How dare you lump Aikman in with the other chumps? 3 rings should buy some patience, and the OL collapsed far before Aikman ran out of gas thanks to Captain Jerry’s complete inability to find talent in the NFL draft year after year.
OP hates Aikman and thinks it was the Oline that made him.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly! Daks had the last 3 post seasons to prove himself against good teams and it's just getting worse. what pisses me off is everyone talked about this is it, make an NFC championship game or fire McCarthy and get rid of Dak. Jerry is a POS
What blows my mind is they basically admitted that Dak couldn't get it done in the offseason, that he needed more help from the defense and a "power running game" to take some of their reliance on him down a few notches. And what did they do? The exact freaking opposite! Not only did they put the offense 100% on him with zero running game they fielded a defense that only plays well with a lead! Mind numbing.

Bagman

Reaction score

What a fantastic post. You NAILED exactly how many of us feel. I'm not going to worry about the next QB. I'm just thinking that the current one has run his course.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I’d rather roll the dice than see the same thing year after year. You forget KC had Alex Smith at QB who’s basically Dak when they went all in on Mahomes moving up in the draft. The smart teams don’t wait for the wheels to completely fall off.
And also, Steve DeBerg in San Francisco. He was a good quarterback, but the 49ers drafted Joe Montana, who at the time showed some promise, but no one knew for certain that he would even make it in the NFL. They were able to get him in the third round. It's obviously a giant understatement, but he ended up working out well for that team.

Mannix

Reaction score
Exactly! Daks had the last 3 post seasons to prove himself against good teams and it's just getting worse. what pisses me off is everyone talked about this is it, make an NFC championship game or fire McCarthy and get rid of Dak. Jerry is a POS
He fails in all big regular season games against the best teams as well...this isn't just a post season thing!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
After Aikman it was 5 years of misery. Would rather have some hope with a QB that’s been consistently getting us to the playoffs than playing musical chairs at the position, watching the losses pile up.
Nope, never, not me.
I would much rather start turning the page and trying to discover the next starting QB that at least has some upside.
Dak is stuck in the mud, and the fan base is stuck with Jerry and son supporting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.