Aikman, Bledsoe, Romo - 'enough is enough' Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Look out your window. It will be the truck with the flashing lights and sirens. They have a special box of tissues for you with aloe so you don’t get a chaffed nose.
i called them for you...keep thier number youll need it for the next QB we get if nothing changes with how the GM runs the team...

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
i called them for you...keep thier number youll need it for the next QB we get if nothing changes with how the GM runs the team...
In case you haven’t figured it out, you are the one crying. I would be quite happy with Lance and Rush and a draft pick at QB. I don’t suffer from JDS - Jerry Derangement Syndrome.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
In case you haven’t figured it out, you are the one crying. I would be quite happy with Lance and Rush and a draft pick at QB. I don’t suffer from JDS - Jerry Derangement Syndrome.
Im fine with either because i understand its not the QB..its not the RB its not the HC..its the GM..you in fact are crying about "Having a top 5 QB" when we in fact had the 2nd best QB last season...and what happened?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Im fine with either because i understand its not the QB..its not the RB its not the HC..its the GM..you in fact are crying about "Having a top 5 QB" when we in fact had the 2nd best QB last season...and what happened?
I am not crying about having a top 5 QB. If I were GM, I would move on from Dak. It is apparent that he just can’t lead the team in the playoffs and his salary of $40M+ makes it impossible to get even more pieces, which are required to Dak get over the hurdle.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I am not crying about having a top 5 QB. If I were GM, I would move on from Dak. It is apparent that he just can’t lead the team in the playoffs and his salary of $40M+ makes it impossible to get even more pieces, which are required to Dak get over the hurdle.
again keep the number because your going to need it when they get a QB you think is "Worthy" ..ill skip the ironic part where your asking the same GM to find said QB...you have 28 years of proof, im not sure how much more you need...

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
again keep the number because your going to need it when they get a QB you think is "Worthy" ..ill skip the ironic part where your asking the same GM to find said QB...you have 28 years of proof, im not sure how much more you need...
For the majority of that 28 years, who were the QBs? Romo and Dak. Good QBs but just couldn’t get over the hurdle, and especially when paid top dollar.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
For the majority of that 28 years, who were the QBs? Romo and Dak. Good QBs but just couldn’t get over the hurdle, and especially when paid top dollar.
What hurdle? they both played at the top of thier positions for thier careers..the hurdle you speak of is the GM...how many SB winning QB's are currently in the NFL? Allen, Herbert, Lawerence, are these the kind of guys your looking for? I'm for it lets get Pat Mahomes but when his defense gives up 40 points I'm pretty sure his "Hurdle" trips him....top paid? so now we will get a great QB and not pay him?..how will this work?

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Add Dak to this list. Just plain had enough. Time to move on. Don't care about the cap hit. Don't care about who will play QB.

I remember seeing it with Aikman getting hurt again and again. Gametime decision and can't go because of another back issue. Gets concussed again. He just wasn't the same and father time caught up to him and he just wasn't good any longer. It was painfully evident that it was time to move on. Didn't matter who. Just give me something different.

I remember watching that statue Bledsoe play horrible and screaming at Parcells to put in Romo. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Romo did. Just give me something different.

I remember the bipolar hot/cold Romo hurting his back on a little hit in a meaningless preseason game. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Dak did. Just give me something different.

2 INTs and down 27-0 at home in a playoff game. Just had enough and wanted something new at QB. I don't care what Lance or Rush or some vet QB does. Just give me something different at QB.

Dak will roughly give you 8 good games, 5 mediocre games, and 5 absolute stinker games every year. So, there is a 5/18 chance (28%) of Dak stinking up any one game. Not going to string 3 or more wins in a row when you dial up a stinker nearly one out of every 3 or 4 games.

I think the entire Cowboy fan base felt the same at that time with Aikman, Bledsoe, and Romo. Just as they do with Dak today. The time is ripe for change at QB.
Early running for POST of the YEAR!

Flamma

Reaction score
The problem with a guy like Dak is it’s easier said than done to find a better replacement. Yes, in a perfect world we’d have a Mahomes,Burrow, Allen etc. but it can get ugly quick if you try and upgrade and flop on it.
Allen? I am no Dak fan. I don't care if they cut him tomorrow. But you can keep that turnover machine that is Josh Allen. I think we'd win less games with him.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Allen? I am no Dak fan. I don't care if they cut him tomorrow. But you can keep that turnover machine that is Josh Allen. I think we'd win less games with him.

In a weird way proving my thoughts even more. It’s so hard to find someone better than Dak and if you flop I can so see us reverting back to the Quincy Carter, Hutchinson, Henson, Stoerner, Anthony Wright, Ryan Leaf, etc.

Where you’re at that point just praying to get someone even on Dak’s level for the warts he has.

Flamma

Reaction score
In a weird way proving my thoughts even more. It’s so hard to find someone better than Dak and if you flop I can so see us reverting back to the Quincy Carter, Hutchinson, Henson, Stoerner, Anthony Wright, Ryan Leaf, etc.

Where you’re at that point just praying to get someone even on Dak’s level for the warts he has.
That's the thing. I sometimes think people lose focus on the goal. What is the goal? To win a championship, right?

If you move on from a woman because you think the grass is greener, and the new one is worse, you made a mistake. And that's fine, you were better off not moving on. But in the NFL it's different. If you move on from a QB to get a worse QB, you're not better off with the old one if you can't achieve the goal with either. As far as the goal is concerned, both are the same. You can't get there. With regular choices in life, you can settle for good. Take the better product, you'll be happy. But as a fan of an NFL team, you want to find a QB that doesn't spit the bit. Owners are ok with good, because it makes them money. A championship isn't top priority.

starman22

Reaction score
Shouldn't we give Dak 6 more years, given the longest tenured QB in Cowboy history had 14 years and is beloved.......TRomo? Just sayin'.
Shouldn't we learn from past mistakes?

Also, I really liked Romo as our QB but he did not start for 14 years for the Cowboys. He was here 13 years, but between injuries and not being ready for the first few years, it was more like 8-ish. Most casual fans didn't even know who he was until they benched Bledsoe.

Cmac

Reaction score
Shouldn't we learn from past mistakes?

Also, I really liked Romo as our QB but he did not start for 14 years for the Cowboys. He was here 13 years, but between injuries and not being ready for the first few years, it was more like 8-ish. Most casual fans didn't even know who he was until they benched Bledsoe.
Love the math on Romo. Got it.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Add Dak to this list. Just plain had enough. Time to move on. Don't care about the cap hit. Don't care about who will play QB.

I remember seeing it with Aikman getting hurt again and again. Gametime decision and can't go because of another back issue. Gets concussed again. He just wasn't the same and father time caught up to him and he just wasn't good any longer. It was painfully evident that it was time to move on. Didn't matter who. Just give me something different.

I remember watching that statue Bledsoe play horrible and screaming at Parcells to put in Romo. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Romo did. Just give me something different.

I remember the bipolar hot/cold Romo hurting his back on a little hit in a meaningless preseason game. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Dak did. Just give me something different.

2 INTs and down 27-0 at home in a playoff game. Just had enough and wanted something new at QB. I don't care what Lance or Rush or some vet QB does. Just give me something different at QB.

Dak will roughly give you 8 good games, 5 mediocre games, and 5 absolute stinker games every year. So, there is a 5/18 chance (28%) of Dak stinking up any one game. Not going to string 3 or more wins in a row when you dial up a stinker nearly one out of every 3 or 4 games.

I think the entire Cowboy fan base felt the same at that time with Aikman, Bledsoe, and Romo. Just as they do with Dak today. The time is ripe for change at QB.
I feel you man.The hardest one for me was Aikman, simply because he was a part of the group that delivered championships. But it became obvious during 2000 season that he was essentially a punch-drunk QB behind a bad OL. It was time to move on for his own well-being. With Romo and now Dak - I don't completely give up on them and want them gone. But with each I reach a point to where I cant make excuses wanting them to be something they aren't. With each, it's somewhere around that 5th or 6th year.

Bledsoe was a different case. He was like Vinny Testaverde. Parcells was going to do whatever he could to protect him, and if he did, they could throw the ball with the best of them. Any hint of pressure, the guy would disintegrate in the pocket. I was hoping Parcells would put Romo in as early as the 2005 season. I never believed in Bledsoe at all.

Skillit

Reaction score
We never have viable competition on the roster. JJ always try’s to fool the system.

He picked up Bledsoe with tuna, (around the time of the stupid wide receiver, trades, ) Romo was UDFA, we get DP in the 4th….. Jerry always wants to be the one pulling the ace of spades out at the end, and no one saw it coming.

An old man with no patience and sense of process is a pathetic thing to watch.

He was so stupid with free-agent money so long ago, so he thinks he learns his lesson because now he hardly spends any when we were a quality run stopper short of having a team that probably Dak could not intercept his way out of the NFC championship game.

Brax

Reaction score
Thats not what his stats show, he had a career year
A “career year” and another career choke job. Stats Prescott guaranteed to throw the pick 6 and only show up for the last 6 minutes of games that matter. Pat those stats, really pathetic that what some consider successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.