Aikman, Bledsoe, Romo - 'enough is enough' Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After Aikman it was 5 years of misery. Would rather have some hope with a QB that’s been consistently getting us to the playoffs than playing musical chairs at the position, watching the losses pile up.
There you go thinking if we move on from Dak we suddenly start losing game after game.

Dak is a TV rating and merch selling player. That isn't what we want. It's past time to make a change. We know Daks ceiling.

Trying 3, 4, 5 QB's is better than watching yet another painful and disappointing season ending playoff loss. Only next time, we know the Cowboys can't improve the roster because of Dak's overinflated extension that he doesn't deserve. The highest paid QB in the league??? Oh hell NO.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Aikman was aging and couldn’t stay healthy. Plus the team was in deep decline. It led to reaching for Quincy Carter. It led to some rough years and several starting QBs. It was depressing!

Which is about where I entered the scene as a fan lol, right around 2000 lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Which is about where I entered the scene as a fan lol, right around 2000 lol
Amazed you became a fan and didn’t bail. Props to you. :thumbup: The very first Cowboys game I ever watched was the win over Miami in SB VI. I entered the scene at the perfect time. :flagwave:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The whole "Dak and MM need to get to the NFC Title Game" was a fake narrative all year.

Nobody from the Cowboys organization ever said anything remotely close to this. So why would anyone expect them to honor it? Because some media people got " a vibe"?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There you go thinking if we move on from Dak we suddenly start losing game after game.
That would be the risk we would be taking if we moved on from him with our current QB situation. Unless you believe we could survive next seasons schedule with Rush or Lance. I don’t believe we can. With the offense we have, along with the running game issues and defensive issues we would struggle to win 8 games without a viable QB. We would have to fix some issues we’ve struggled with for years to have any chance to compete if we don’t have a productive QB. We can’t just hope for the best with either Rush or Lance. I still have some hope with Dak because he’s been exceptional in the regular season and he has played well in the playoffs.

krs1bro

Reaction score
Add Dak to this list. Just plain had enough. Time to move on. Don't care about the cap hit. Don't care about who will play QB.

I remember seeing it with Aikman getting hurt again and again. Gametime decision and can't go because of another back issue. Gets concussed again. He just wasn't the same and father time caught up to him and he just wasn't good any longer. It was painfully evident that it was time to move on. Didn't matter who. Just give me something different.

I remember watching that statue Bledsoe play horrible and screaming at Parcells to put in Romo. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Romo did. Just give me something different.

I remember the bipolar hot/cold Romo hurting his back on a little hit in a meaningless preseason game. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Dak did. Just give me something different.

2 INTs and down 27-0 at home in a playoff game. Just had enough and wanted something new at QB. I don't care what Lance or Rush or some vet QB does. Just give me something different at QB.

Dak will roughly give you 8 good games, 5 mediocre games, and 5 absolute stinker games every year. So, there is a 5/18 chance (28%) of Dak stinking up any one game. Not going to string 3 or more wins in a row when you dial up a stinker nearly one out of every 3 or 4 games.

I think the entire Cowboy fan base felt the same at that time with Aikman, Bledsoe, and Romo. Just as they do with Dak today. The time is ripe for change at QB.
Wow. What an absolutely incredible post here. Thank you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Dak era can’t end soon enough.
Dak is a great person but a terrible big game QB ,
He has the worst winning percentage in NFL history for any QB that has started at least 5 playoff games,
That is a mind boggling bad stat.
Cowboys themselves have a terrible winning percentage dating back to the late 90s…..

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
what's going to be on this board when he signs a 5 year extension, pushing his existence to a decade and a bit? Dak is who he is, and his agent bent Jones' et al over a table for the ridiculous contract they gave him knowing he would have no way to get out of it. A smartly run franchise would have not let this happen, but here we are, and better get used to this

Blue64

Reaction score
Exactly! Daks had the last 3 post seasons to prove himself against good teams and it's just getting worse. what pisses me off is everyone talked about this is it, make an NFC championship game or fire McCarthy and get rid of Dak. Jerry is a POS
No… Jerry said this was the team to win it all. The media bs just bought into it because everything Cowboys is big news and viewers.

JJ told every fan at the trade deadline that he could care less about winning. He stated that he was fine with the current team. When every Cowboys fan knew this team had needs.

JJ is the ringleader of the biggest bust in pro sports… yet he manages to keep it in the lips of everyone, with his empty promises and we the fans keep believing it every year.

MikeyJones214

Reaction score
what's going to be on this board when he signs a 5 year extension, pushing his existence to a decade and a bit? Dak is who he is, and his agent bent Jones' et al over a table for the ridiculous contract they gave him knowing he would have no way to get out of it. A smartly run franchise would have not let this happen, but here we are, and better get used to this
Yeah but don't forget, someone in the front office wasn't "sold" on Dak

Dak played on the franchise tag, He and Kirk Cousins are the only 2 QBs to have done so.

In the end, they agreed to sign Dak but it got ugly...Jerrys hand was forced by the media, the same media which is now calling for Dak to be traded

And all of this was before Dak got the "choker" label, can't imagine the team now feeling any better about Dak.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There a reason you read the scouting report.
Occasionally you find a college guy who's just in the wrong system and develops in the nfl.
However that is rare
99.5% of the time you are what your scouting report says you are.
I have come to believe Jerry just flat wants the cred for developing a QB, simply to prove his vast NFL knowledge.
That way you see, he can still claim he's responsible for the teams success.
The man is simply consumed by proving he's Neo.
Unfortunately he'll always be Smith.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree 100%. Aikman was a warrior that won 3 SB's. He should not be compared to any QB1 since he retired. Few around here seem to remember how bad the Cowboys were when they drafted him and how many concussions he suffered.
Aikman got beat up hard. I think the refs enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.