Aikman, Bledsoe, Romo - 'enough is enough' Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Add Dak to this list. Just plain had enough. Time to move on. Don't care about the cap hit. Don't care about who will play QB.

I remember seeing it with Aikman getting hurt again and again. Gametime decision and can't go because of another back issue. Gets concussed again. He just wasn't the same and father time caught up to him and he just wasn't good any longer. It was painfully evident that it was time to move on. Didn't matter who. Just give me something different.

I remember watching that statue Bledsoe play horrible and screaming at Parcells to put in Romo. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Romo did. Just give me something different.

I remember the bipolar hot/cold Romo hurting his back on a little hit in a meaningless preseason game. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Dak did. Just give me something different.

2 INTs and down 27-0 at home in a playoff game. Just had enough and wanted something new at QB. I don't care what Lance or Rush or some vet QB does. Just give me something different at QB.

Dak will roughly give you 8 good games, 5 mediocre games, and 5 absolute stinker games every year. So, there is a 5/18 chance (28%) of Dak stinking up any one game. Not going to string 3 or more wins in a row when you dial up a stinker nearly one out of every 3 or 4 games.

I think the entire Cowboy fan base felt the same at that time with Aikman, Bledsoe, and Romo. Just as they do with Dak today. The time is ripe for change at QB.
Quincy is available...

Chad Hutchinson also.

Brandon Weeden.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Yeah, they need to let Dak just ride his contract out this season, make it to the playoffs (maybe), and then when he chokes again.............let him ride off into the sunset.

...............but we all know dumb and dumber won't do that. He will get paid and we will be stuck with him. I mean, I guess by year 10 he might be able to win a big game. :muttley:

GMO415

Reaction score
Add Dak to this list. Just plain had enough. Time to move on. Don't care about the cap hit. Don't care about who will play QB.

I remember seeing it with Aikman getting hurt again and again. Gametime decision and can't go because of another back issue. Gets concussed again. He just wasn't the same and father time caught up to him and he just wasn't good any longer. It was painfully evident that it was time to move on. Didn't matter who. Just give me something different.

I remember watching that statue Bledsoe play horrible and screaming at Parcells to put in Romo. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Romo did. Just give me something different.

I remember the bipolar hot/cold Romo hurting his back on a little hit in a meaningless preseason game. Just had enough and wanted something else at QB. Didn't care what Dak did. Just give me something different.

2 INTs and down 27-0 at home in a playoff game. Just had enough and wanted something new at QB. I don't care what Lance or Rush or some vet QB does. Just give me something different at QB.

Dak will roughly give you 8 good games, 5 mediocre games, and 5 absolute stinker games every year. So, there is a 5/18 chance (28%) of Dak stinking up any one game. Not going to string 3 or more wins in a row when you dial up a stinker nearly one out of every 3 or 4 games.

I think the entire Cowboy fan base felt the same at that time with Aikman, Bledsoe, and Romo. Just as they do with Dak today. The time is ripe for change at QB.
Don't forget Drew Henson Quincy Carter and the rest of the jokers

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It could take years trying to discover the next starting QB. Washington has been trying to replace Kirk Cousins the past 6 years with no luck. It’s cost them 2 head coaches and several draft picks including a first rounder. The Cowboys would end up just like them without Dak. That’s what I call stuck in the mud. I’m not turning the page until I have a proven QB in house.
Well then we should get started as early as possible, good thought. Draft one in the 1st this year.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Quincy is available...

Chad Hutchinson also.

Brandon Weeden.
A QB has to play here for some years and be good and then go bad. None of those you mentioned meet any of the criteria.

Point is that at some point fans will turn on the QB. For Quincy, that was immediately after his positive drug test. The fans were never turned on to Hutchinson and Weeden.

Are you afraid the Cowboys will not find a QB after Dak? Are you that scared?

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Regular season Dak: lights it up like a pinball machine - until Dallas faces a SERIOUS contender… then, milk-carton-missing

Playoff Dak: plays like an extra in ‘The Walking Dead’ - eaten up, usually early.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Is it really the coaching? We've seen this offense really put up points and play well. Yes the defense is a problem but we have seen this defense hold good teams down and the offense still sputters. I think the fact that this is Jerry's team undermines these coaches to the point where the players are only half respecting the coach and there is no accountability. I also think Dak clams up too bad in big games and he isn't going to get any better. He doesn't have the ability to chip away at defense and break it down when there is any kind of pressure. This is what happens when you have a QB that has had to work so hard on straightening out his mechanics and who gets easily confused by defenses. You can't have both those issues. You have to have sound strong mechanics to build off of.
You may be right, Dak may be a lost cause?

But he was in the MVP race this year. He led the league in TDs. When you say "you've seen this offense put up points and play well," that was because of Dak. The running game hasn't carried the offiense.

So he CAN do it. Dak's faced pressure defenses, he's been able to use his legs to extend plays, he's looked off safeties, he's scanned the field, he's done it...or else he wouldn't have had the season he had. So until I see him routinely screw up a good offensive game plan in a Big Game, I just don't know what Dak's ceiling is.

McCarthy couldn't get this team prepared to play, at home, as the #2 seed, so I'm more cemented on his ceiling than Dak's.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
what's going to be on this board when he signs a 5 year extension, pushing his existence to a decade and a bit? Dak is who he is, and his agent bent Jones' et al over a table for the ridiculous contract they gave him knowing he would have no way to get out of it. A smartly run franchise would have not let this happen, but here we are, and better get used to this
I won’t watch at that point.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I thought you were ignoring me?

i said we can ignore, and life does ignore you, i ignore you when you are wrong, NOT when you are right.

just because you disagree with me, i dont ignore on that premise.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
i said we can ignore, and life does ignore you, i ignore you when you are wrong, NOT when you are right.

just because you disagree with me, i dont ignore on that premise.
You said you were ignoring me yet you keep on posting me. You OK?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It'd be nice to have a top 5 QB again. We haven't had one since Aikman
we had a top 2 one last year and like clockwork.....you guys dont seem to ever get it..get a top 5 GM instead of literally the only one that still has a job after 28 years of failure....rank our GM in the league

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
we had a top 2 one last year and like clockwork.....you guys dont seem to ever get it..get a top 5 GM instead of literally the only one that still has a job after 28 years of failure....rank our GM in the league
Without doing an internet search, how many GMs could you name?

Yeah, Lynch in SF, the Balt GM and everyone’s favorite Ozzie (who probably isn’t there any longer), and … and … and … Howie, yeah Howie is the bestest GM ever. Oh, look, this team is going good. The GM must be good. Is that how it works?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Without doing an internet search, how many GMs could you name?

Yeah, Lynch in SF, the Balt GM and everyone’s favorite Ozzie (who probably isn’t there any longer), and … and … and … Howie, yeah Howie is the bestest GM ever. Oh, look, this team is going good. The GM must be good. Is that how it works?
you can come to grips with it or you cant..there has been 1, uno, ONE thing constant in the last 28 years..we have switched every other thing about this team..what is that one thing?..if it makes you fell better stayn in your "We are a QB away" dream..i get it, once you see the problem you then realize there is no fix next year...

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
you can come to grips with it or you cant..there has been 1, uno, ONE thing constant in the last 28 years..we have switched every other thing about this team..what is that one thing?..if it makes you fell better stayn in your "We are a QB away" dream..i get it, once you see the problem you then realize there is no fix next year...
What is that one thing constant in the last 28 years in Cleveland? Nothing. They changed owners, QBs, GMs, players, and the kitchen sink and … ? I can do that with plenty of teams over the past 28 years. Some even longer than 28 years.

Oh, oh, oh, so now the Cowboys have sunk to the Browns’ level. Great. Just great. Somebody call me a Waaaambulance.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What is that one thing constant in the last 28 years in Cleveland? Nothing. They changed owners, QBs, GMs, players, and the kitchen sink and … ? I can do that with plenty of teams over the past 28 years. Some even longer than 28 years.

Oh, oh, oh, so now the Cowboys have sunk to the Browns’ level. Great. Just great. Somebody call me a Waaaambulance.
called it shoiuld be there in 10 minutes....

Status
Not open for further replies.