Aikman, Bledsoe, Romo - 'enough is enough' Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Tony Romo is remembered so fondly now. When he was playing he had the same Dak narratives.
Romo had Parcells as HC one year then Garrett as his OC then HC for 9/10ths of his career. The same Garrett who lasted a half season as the Jints OC and now can’t even get a college job so he spews his platitudes on TV.

chuck520

Reaction score
It could take years trying to discover the next starting QB. Washington has been trying to replace Kirk Cousins the past 6 years with no luck. It’s cost them 2 head coaches and several draft picks including a first rounder. The Cowboys would end up just like them without Dak. That’s what I call stuck in the mud. I’m not turning the page until I have a proven QB in house.
These fans rather lose their way than win with Dak. Thats why the fans dont run the team. Too irrational.

McMicah

Reaction score
People keep asking where we will find a better qb than Dak, thinking of how well Dak plays at his best. I don’t need a better QB than Dak at his best. I need a QB that is consistently better than the Dak that appears in 1/4 of the games and plays like a shell shocked rookie.

I don’t need the next QB to beat bad teams by 30. I need them to not mentally collapse again good teams

Hadenough

Reaction score
And 70% of this reason, if not more, is because of McCarthy and Quinn and their Big Game coaching acumen. No, I don't trust Dak, yet...but he's being hamstrung by poor offensive game plans in most Big Game and a headcoach who can't seem to minimize penalties from his players. And in those Big Games, he often can't count on the defense either...again, with a coach who seems to always lose the chess match.

Dak has to play better, but without better Big Game coaching, I think it's a moot point.
Is it really the coaching? We've seen this offense really put up points and play well. Yes the defense is a problem but we have seen this defense hold good teams down and the offense still sputters. I think the fact that this is Jerry's team undermines these coaches to the point where the players are only half respecting the coach and there is no accountability. I also think Dak clams up too bad in big games and he isn't going to get any better. He doesn't have the ability to chip away at defense and break it down when there is any kind of pressure. This is what happens when you have a QB that has had to work so hard on straightening out his mechanics and who gets easily confused by defenses. You can't have both those issues. You have to have sound strong mechanics to build off of.

Hadenough

Reaction score
People keep asking where we will find a better qb than Dak, thinking of how well Dak plays at his best. I don’t need a better QB than Dak at his best. I need a QB that is consistently better than the Dak that appears in 1/4 of the games and plays like a shell shocked rookie.

I don’t need the next QB to beat bad teams by 30. I need them to not mentally collapse again good teams
Excellent point! Daks play against these playoff teams is so bad that even a guy like Cooper Rush MIGHT play better in a playoff game. There wouldn't be any pressure on him and he does get rid of the ball quicker than Dak. But I don't think Rush is the long term answer for this team.

khiladi

Reaction score
Exactly! Daks had the last 3 post seasons to prove himself against good teams and it's just getting worse. what pisses me off is everyone talked about this is it, make an NFC championship game or fire McCarthy and get rid of Dak. Jerry is a POS
Imagine if he wasn’t coddled here and didn’t have such a good roster and wasn’t playing in the NFC East.. say if he played with the Texans that Stroud was on…. His warts have been masked to an incredible degree on this team and you can argue possibly the players know it, which is what is alluded to by guys like Stephen Smith who last off-season said that the players insinuated the question they have is about Dak, not anybody else on the roster.

We saw that Dak in 2018 befire Amari, despite having Zeke still really good and 2 all-pro linemen.

khiladi

Reaction score
There you go thinking if we move on from Dak we suddenly start losing game after game.

Dak is a TV rating and merch selling player. That isn't what we want. It's past time to make a change. We know Daks ceiling.

Trying 3, 4, 5 QB's is better than watching yet another painful and disappointing season ending playoff loss. Only next time, we know the Cowboys can't improve the roster because of Dak's overinflated extension that he doesn't deserve. The highest paid QB in the league??? Oh hell NO.
Anybody on the Cowboys sells merchandise. Even Hot-headed Dez was a top 5 jersey seller with Romo and Witten. This is also a myth that without Dak, Jerry wouldn’t sell merchandise.

khiladi

Reaction score
Exactly. The man won 3 super bowls. It was a sad day when he played his last game. He earned the right to play until the wheels fell off. This is nothing like that. If Dak wins 3 superbowls he could play till he was 45 and I would be cool with it.
If he got this team to the SB, then even I wouldn’t have anything to say regarding a contract extending if him in the off-season.

khiladi

Reaction score
i actually want to watch Dak play here next season, while Dallas offloads it’s contracts and the OL is losing another step because of age.

Creeper

Reaction score
So Dak will play 10 mediocre or worse games and still be at the top of the league in passer rating, INTs, completion %, yards, yard/attempt and TD passes? Boy those 0ther 8 games must be extraordinary.

If fans scrutinized every player the way the scrutinize Dak, they would become fans of curling.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
So Dak will play 10 mediocre or worse games and still be at the top of the league in passer rating, INTs, completion %, yards, yard/attempt and TD passes? Boy those 0ther 8 games must be extraordinary.

If fans scrutinized every player the way the scrutinize Dak, they would become fans of curling.
Analyze the 6 losses and tell me how Dak played. Throw in a fantastic game against the Commanders who absolutely quit the last game of the season. A Philly team whose defense was crap the last time they played, a Giants defense that was crap, and a few others.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I remember seeing it with Aikman getting hurt again and again. Gametime decision and can't go because of another back issue. Gets concussed again. He just wasn't the same and father time caught up to him and he just wasn't good any longer. It was painfully evident that it was time to move on. Didn't matter who. Just give me something different.
Are you talking about when once salary cap came into effect and Jerry could no longer just buy and pay for a super team around Aikman?

Status
Not open for further replies.