Twitter: Aikman: "Dak is one of the best young players that I've been around"

Reaction score
What else more is there to say? That's Aikman! The guy that knows what it takes putting his reputation on the line, on Stating that Dak is one of the best and upcoming QBs! Call it leadership, call his game ugly, call him determined, call him not as talented, however you wanna slice it, Aikman knows more than anybody on this site. So end of story.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Aikman receives almost as much hate on his board as Dak because fans can’t stand him as a commentator. He’s been lumped with Joe Buck. Their distain for Aikman in the broadcast booth has made some question how good a football player he was. lol

817Gill

Reaction score
Wait wait wait, I heard so many say that what Aikman said about Dak's accuracy 2 years ago was an indisputable fact. But now some of those same people are dismissive of Aikman's compliments?

Can't only agree with and use the "It's Troy Aikman!" argument when he agrees with you. Gotta keep it the same both ways

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Dak reminds of that guy in that one book......
jesus-walks-on-water-o.gif

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Remember when Garrett was first hired and people kept pointing to Aikman's rave reviews as evidence of how great he'd be?
I don't remember Aikman endorsing his former backup QB in that way. Maybe you are remembering it wrong. Sometimes our mind plays tricks by remembering things we want to think are true but did not actually happen. Your recollection is certainly not something I can find a source for. Have you got one?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I’m sure the Dak haters are saying what the heck does Aikman know?

I'm equally sure that prior to this comment, Dak Fans said exactly the same thing about Aikman and worse. Much worse, as a matter of fact and way too often on this board.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Aikman calls out and promotes players by their current play. He says he should get paid but how much? That has always been the biggest question. What is ideal for both parties? Personally it would be ideal for Dak to be back with everything considered @ closer to 30-35/year than 40/year. And that’s where the argument lies.

We all know as soon as Dak starts stringing in a couple stinky games, it will be on national tv with Aikman pointing out, “an NFL QB should be able to make that pass.” So no, The great Aikman doesn’t change the way I think.