Twitter: Aikman: "Dak is one of the best young players that I've been around"

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
When Aikman stated that you can't improve accuracy he was bitten by the absolutist thinking bug. The best of the best quarterbacks in football are great performers but not necessarily great coaches or trainers.

I think he was largely projecting what it was most convenient for him to think. He was seemingly born with accuracy, which is more valuable if it can't be trained into those who aren't born with it.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I think he was largely projecting what it was most convenient for him to think. He was seemingly born with accuracy, which is more valuable if it can't be trained into those who aren't born with it.

I think quarterback accuracy can be increased or improved by training. Heck even passing technique can improve with better footwork. But you are right, about Aikman, and as you are aware there are quarterbacks that have physical and mental traits since early age that enable them to become superior passers.

Such as:
Strong arm, large hands, strong grip, quick feet, lower base body torque, proper technique, timing, vision, mental agility, pocket presence and the will to improve or be the best.

Last edited:

Kaiser

Reaction score
I think quarterback accuracy can be increased or improved by training. Heck even passing technique can improve with better footwork. But you are right, about Aikman, and as you are aware there are quarterbacks that have physical and mental traits since early age that enable them to become superior passers.

I used to know someone that knew Joe Namath very well and Namath said that the elite QBs are "spatially gifted" like a great architect or sculptor would be. They could see how things fit together in ways that the typical person can't. It makes sense, the great ones can "thread the needle" on the field to fit a pass into a very narrow window 20 yards away in timing where a half second either way turns the play into an interception. The other side of that is that there are a million guys like a cannon for an arm that don't even make the NFL, our recent 5th round pick Mike White is a good example.

wrongway

Reaction score
Dak reminds of that guy in that one book......
jesus-walks-on-water-o.gif
Now that is funny!

johneric8

Reaction score
There isn't a bigger Dak fan anywhere.

No big deal.
That is good to hear man! Happy to know that you are a fan of Dakota..

I think when I made my post, I had just read yours and instead of seeing it as a tongue and cheek response I took it as something entirely different in context.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I’m sure the Dak haters are saying what the heck does Aikman know?
And all the Daksters that were putting Aikman down when he said that Dak wasn't accurate and accuracy is not something you can improve, now are saying, see Aikman says. ;)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That is good to hear man! Happy to know that you are a fan of Dakota..

I think when I made my post, I had just read yours and instead of seeing it as a tongue and cheek response I took it as something entirely different in context.

No I get it, with all the stupid nonsense from the Dak trolls it gets testy around here.