Twitter: Aikman: "Dak is one of the best young players that I've been around"

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Those two things aren't contradictory at all. If you have a good QB and want to resign him, you should do it on a long term contract and not the Franchise Tag. The long term contract is a win win that both sides agree too, the tag is unilateral and can lead to problems down the road.
I didn't indicate that those things are contradictory. Likewise, I agree with your subsequent points. But I would add there has to be a limit to which you agree to pay that QB long term.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Notice how the positives are always about Dak’s empty stats or his leadership or durability, but never about how he throws the damn football ? If he could hit receivers in stride and step up against good teams the Dak “haters” would applaud him also. And by the way, I’ve heard Aikman comment in games about Dak “being off”. Is there a possible reason Dak has to work with QB gurus every offseason to improve his fundamentals? Dak, just throw the ball accurately will yah !
Aikman was the last QB we had that could do this.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Those concussions took a serious toll on Troy.

They did. I often wonder, just in general, What Aikman could have become if he had gone to a better team initially. If he hadn't been forced to start as a Rookie and instead, been allowed to develop. Longer career for sure and probably would have saved a lot of his physical skills.

JMO

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's only a valid comment if Aikman says something negative with regard to Prescott. Notice when he was critical early in Prescott's career none of the haters took issue with his competence when he talked about his inaccuracy.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I hope so to Aikman but it takes two give in a little and right now only one is doing that.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Wait wait wait, I heard so many say that what Aikman said about Dak's accuracy 2 years ago was an indisputable fact. But now some of those same people are dismissive of Aikman's compliments?

Can't only agree with and use the "It's Troy Aikman!" argument when he agrees with you. Gotta keep it the same both ways
Man show the proof of the double talkers. Tired of people lying and always saying these mysterious people were double talkers but never show any proof of it. Heck outta here with that bs

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The same Dak haters use to use Aikman's comments about "you are born with accuracy and you can't get better at it" Dak to their advantage. Now they don't lol.

I still do. I know that proper mechanics help accuracy a whole lot but man you know what, some guys just have that born into them and they can flat throw the ball. But still in all, Dak has accuracy issue and you and I have discussed issues long enough that I think we both know that. Not saying he's terrible in all phases, that's not the case but what I am saying is that he does not look like a natural thrower to me and for him, accuracy is always going to be a struggle. He needs his mechanics to be on point all the time or he struggles.

That's just my opinion on it though.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I still do. I know that proper mechanics help accuracy a whole lot but man you know what, some guys just have that born into them and they can flat throw the ball. But still in all, Dak has accuracy issue and you and I have discussed issues long enough that I think we both know that. Not saying he's terrible in all phases, that's not the case but what I am saying is that he does not look like a natural thrower to me and for him, accuracy is always going to be a struggle. He needs his mechanics to be on point all the time or he struggles.

That's just my opinion on it though.
Dak's accuracy% and avg per attempt have gone up every yr. I throw in the 2nd part because some people like to say Dink and Dak. When in actuality he has improved greatly in his long ball. I dont think it was him having accuracy issues with it but rather him not having chemistry with Gallup, because in 2018 him and Cooper were connecting all the time on them long balls. And in 2019 something just clicked with Gallup as the yr went on and he was hitting Gallup on them long gains where he was missing him in 2018

817Gill

Reaction score
Man show the proof of the double talkers. Tired of people lying and always saying these mysterious people were double talkers but never show any proof of it. Heck outta here with that bs
You wanted me to preemptively screenshot someone’s post in threads regarding Aikman's comments on accuracy over a year and a half ago, with the foresight that Aikman would make praising comments on Dak in the future? Do you know how insane that sounds?

If you haven’t logged into the forum enough to see what I’m talking about, then idk what to tell you. There’s no way you can rationally expect someone to do all the things necessary to appease you.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dak's accuracy% and avg per attempt have gone up every yr. I throw in the 2nd part because some people like to say Dink and Dak. When in actuality he has improved greatly in his long ball. I dont think it was him having accuracy issues with it but rather him not having chemistry with Gallup, because in 2018 him and Cooper were connecting all the time on them long balls. And in 2019 something just clicked with Gallup as the yr went on and he was hitting Gallup on them long gains where he was missing him in 2018

Yes, but he still misses easy throws. I'm not going to argue the point with you because you know what, we all watch Dak. We have all watched him, every single snap of his entire Pro Career and we all see the same things. This is not about percentages because we all know that this is not what it's about. It's missing easy throws and we all see him do this. I think it's mechanics. I know for a fact that he has a tendency to to over stride on throws. I see that myself and that causes the ball to sail. I see him do that. The little exercise he does that everybody laughs and teases about, the one he does in pregame, he's working on his mechanics with that. That hip rotation is designed to do a couple of things, one of which is to create muscle memory in terms of rotation while still keeping your off shoulder in tight to your body. This helps so many things in terms of accuracy down field. All of those things matter and Dak has to continually practice them. It's just who he is and when he gets away from those mechanics, we see him miss. It's a thing for him, and he is still working on getting better at them.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Notice how the haters think Dak can post some of the best stats without being able to throw the damn football?

How does that work?
How does that work indeed? Is that even possible? Perhaps one of those things is a misnomer. Maybe just maybe Dak can throw the damn football.