Twitter: Aikman: "Dak is one of the best young players that I've been around"

johneric8

Reaction score
I'm just a man sitting on the forum pondering whether or not I should be listening to Troy one of the greatest players to have ever played the game or some forum personalities such as @CowboyRoy who claims Dak has heavy feet, or maybe I should listen to @PAPPYDOG whom says that Dak won't learn how to throw accurately until his 40th birthday! :huh::laugh:

I'll take the moderately safe Choice and side with Troy..

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I don't remember Aikman endorsing his former backup QB in that way. Maybe you are remembering it wrong. Sometimes our mind plays tricks by remembering things we want to think are true but did not actually happen. Your recollection is certainly not something I can find a source for. Have you got one?

See if you can find one of Hostile's many lengthy posts trying to sell Garrett. For clarity, the "rave reviews" weren't about Garrett's play on the field.

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
More of those “intangibles” that always seem to be used to prop up talent-less athletes. Only thing Troy left out was calling him a winner with “moxie”...
I know it hurts when all the smart, well-informed people are essentially calling you an idiot for your sideways beliefs.

“One of the best young players I’ve been around”..... Troy left zero room for interpretation.

You’re done.
:laugh:

garyo1954

Reaction score
LOL.....Yeah well, that's nice Troy.
Next question....

Would you throw any player under the bus having been a player yourself?
Who would you say is terrible, Troy?

Fake news. Its called being tactful. "If you can't say something nice, you don't say anything at all (especially true of your peers)."

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you think what Aikman says will change the opinion of the Dak haters good luck!
Why wouldn't it? Everyone listen when he was critical of Dak, so to be honest with ones self you also should consider the positive.

12+88=7

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what Aikman thinks.

Right now the franchise tag is likely to happen.

Reading between the lines it speaks volumes about how the management thinks about Prescott that a deal hasn't gotten done.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
What else more is there to say? That's Aikman! The guy that knows what it takes putting his reputation on the line, on Stating that Dak is one of the best and upcoming QBs! Call it leadership, call his game ugly, call him determined, call him not as talented, however you wanna slice it, Aikman knows more than anybody on this site. So end of story.
I have heard it said here a million times.

It's a game.

It's a business.

If so, Aikman is going to say the things he needs to to preserve his rep. He needs interviews from Dak later on.

So he will keep it soft and sweet.

No prob.

But Aikman saying stuff about Dak last year not being accurate, about you either are accurate or not, that you do not learn it..

might be also placed into the picture, too.

Or do we factor that into his contract or no?

I realize DAKs supporters will support Aikman.

I support Aikman and Dak and the Cowboys.

I wish Dak would make his counteroffer public and let's end all this debate.

Exactly what is wrong with the Cowboy offer?

Exactly what do you want in order to play for Dallas?

This "guess what's in my hand" stuff is getting everybody edgy.

Either agree to agree and sign..

agree not to agree and both parties go find what they want.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What's Aikman know about leadership? Not as much as some fans here. Tell ya that much. If my back was against the wall, I would take the armchair QBs over Aikman anyday.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
See if you can find one of Hostile's many lengthy posts trying to sell Garrett. For clarity, the "rave reviews" weren't about Garrett's play on the field.
LOL, like I give what Hostile has posted in the past any credence. No, we understand we are talking about Garrett's coaching ability.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
If you think what Aikman says will change the opinion of the Dak haters good luck!

Notice how the positives are always about Dak’s empty stats or his leadership or durability, but never about how he throws the damn football ? If he could hit receivers in stride and step up against good teams the Dak “haters” would applaud him also. And by the way, I’ve heard Aikman comment in games about Dak “being off”. Is there a possible reason Dak has to work with QB gurus every offseason to improve his fundamentals? Dak, just throw the ball accurately will yah !

Kevinicus

Reaction score
LOL, like I give what Hostile has posted in the past any credence. No, we understand we are talking about Garrett's coaching ability.
No, I don't give it any credence either. Never did. But he sure did like to quote Aikman in his Garrett promotionals.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Notice how the positives are always about Dak’s empty stats or his leadership or durability, but never about how he throws the damn football ?

I don’t view stats as being empty when your QB is forced to put the ball up a lot due to their defense, lack of forcing turnovers and poor run blocking. In two of Dak’s most productive games Zeke averaged under 3 yards a carry.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Wait wait wait, I heard so many say that what Aikman said about Dak's accuracy 2 years ago was an indisputable fact. But now some of those same people are dismissive of Aikman's compliments?

The other meme is that Aikman said most of Dak's passing yards are meaningless.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Kaiser

Reaction score
Notice how the positives are always about Dak’s empty stats or his leadership or durability, but never about how he throws the damn football ? !

Notice how the haters think Dak can post some of the best stats without being able to throw the damn football?

How does that work?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Are we getting off track? Aikman is talking out of both sides of his mouth. He has praised Dak for being one of the finest QBs in the league. Then he says it would be a mistake to franchise tag Dak.

Those two things aren't contradictory at all. If you have a good QB and want to resign him, you should do it on a long term contract and not the Franchise Tag. The long term contract is a win win that both sides agree too, the tag is unilateral and can lead to problems down the road.

Kevinicus

Reaction score