Aikman exposed Kellen Moore

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Aikman didn’t expose a damn thing. Broncos and Chiefs did that. They need to come up with another offensive scheme because they have been figured out. Just like the Bills, this team is falling apart because they’ve been exposed, picked apart, and blueprinted.

It seems like that happens to every good team at some point. Other teams have done it to the Chiefs this year. But it's not brain surgery, we just need to make adjustments. Both games we got our tails whooped at the line of scrimmage. There's no secret to that battle. But yeah, if you can consistently get pressure and press the receivers I think you'll have some success against us like those teams did. Keep in mind that Amari Cooper really helped turn this offense around when we traded for him and I don't think pressing really works out well when he and Lamb are on the field. Dak can't be back there running for his life though. We have to do a better job with edge rushers.

But the idea that there's this foolproof secret recipe to beat us, I just don't buy it. Yeah, there are ways to beat us but I do think they all involve out-executing us, especially at the line of scrimmage. And I'm not sure if those ways even really work when this team is completely healthy. So is that really a "exposing" us? I don't think so. Granted, Kellen Moore wasn't good on Sunday. He's still learning on the go, but I think he's much improved this season overall. But it wasn't just him, the tackles were bad, the receivers were bad, and Dak was just off on Sunday.

chagus

Reaction score
Aikman didn’t expose a damn thing. Broncos and Chiefs did that. They need to come up with another offensive scheme because they have been figured out. Just like the Bills, this team is falling apart because they’ve been exposed, picked apart, and blueprinted.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Moore's gameplan/playcalling was dubious, especially in the second half without Lamb. He served up a Scott Linehan/Jason Garrett special. KC is built to play downhill with a lead...stop the run on the way to the QB. They bite heavily on play-action and often sellout to stop the run. But Moore didn't seem to have running on his mind. KC can't run so they have short drives, giving Dallas plenty of time to utilize the run game to pull up the linebackers and create space for the intermediate routes, since you didn't really have time to go deep too much. Moore instead just seem to forget everything that wasn't in the arsenal. He proceeded like the offense was at full strength. McCarthy, having coached many years with Rodgers, who hardly requires a running game, was the second culprit in this mess. Prescott a third...if he was checking out of run plays. The cute, spread'em out and try to beat Chris Jones before he wrecks the frigging play didn't work out so well. But it went on and on and on until it was over. No heavy 12 or 13 packages...at least not enough to get KCs attention. Instead? Chuck ball, on a windy day, against a hostile crowd, down Smith, Cooper and Lamb, not to mention a first start for McGovern. Moore played right into the Chiefs hand.

I'm rather sick of this nonsense. Those who don't remember or didn't see that 90s team just don't get it. Those who think that Prescott is Aaron Rodgers just don't get it. Those who think that Dallas can finesse and Air Coryell their way past every team it meets, regardless of health and conditions, don't get it. The best friend Prescott had in 2016 was Demarco Murray and a vicious running game. Yes the line performed at a high level that year but the running game made his job a lot damn easier. Against KC he was sitting on ~4 yds/att and less than 100 yds passing near the end of the 3rd quarter. But Moore persisted with his wannabe West Coast type plan. 27% to 73%...run - pass mix with Chris Jones and Frank Clark terrorizing the frigging o-line.

This team simply doesn't know what it wants to be right now and that means you lose a guiding thread. The paradox of the situation is that Dallas has TOO MANY weapons...so many that Moore might be overthinking things. If McCarthy thinks he can run this offense the way he ran the one in Green Bay he is in for more rude awakenings on Sunday's to come. Run the damn ball. It's like no one remembers how Dallas won 3 Superbowls in 4 years.
It was Elliott in 2016. But your point is absolutely correct. Demarco Murray was the NFC MVP in 2014 which was other time the Cowboys has a team that could challenge for a NFC Conference Championship game.

You throw to score and you run to win. Ask Michigan vs. The Ohio St.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Moore need to design and install a quick passing game into this offense.

Its like he's expecting us to drop back and get 5-7 seconds on each pass and that's just not gonna happen

Exactly , thats why Dak is running for his life out there, scrambling all over the place .

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
CAtch 17 I full well know were I am. And I am Pointing out how damn near brain dead you have to be, to think the you know more than
A professional that played the game and is in the hall of fame. And it amazes me how proud these people are to come show off their colossal
stupidity and display it it with all the pride of a MBA recipient. I know of the their right to do so, it just amazes me how convinced they are that they
actually have a valid point. Hubris I guess . The Hubris of the Dumb!!!!!

quickccc

Reaction score
- teams are stuffing our run game too easily ...and that makes us so one dimensional .. too one dimensional.
they just don't fear our run game, and that allows and invites more off ball blitzes,.. and Dak is pressing to get ball out before being impeded by the rush ..

- the OL is a mess,.. Smith battling injuries again, but something is up with both OTs not reacting well to snap counts, Collins has been subpar since
returning from suspension, maybe i could understand if he were returning slow recovering from injury, but healthy during a suspension ?
the LG role hasn't been resolved yet, McGovern still going thru his learning curve. i've not liked the protections for Dak these past weeks.

- it's because of the issues upfront, that i'd wonder if Kellen has scaled down the multi-looks, pre-snap motion.
i don't see enuff clever misdirections and i tend to wonder

- Dak has taken a step back. He's been off in 3 losses, Under-thrown deep passes for INT, either throwing behind receivers or ground skipping passes.
Hasn't been same since before his calf injury.... but receivers having bouts with drops hasn't helped matters, and that also has shown up in the 3 losses .

- what i liked about Kellen's pass route design is that it schemes players open whether that be rub routes, bunch formations or players in motion
(ala wheel route by Ceddy Wilson vs Radas)
that made it tougher for teams to press jam WRs at the line to slow their routes, Besides scheme, we have to keep pushing the ball downfield, even if
its' contested catches (ala Gallup vs radas)