Aikman is a better QB than Dak Prescott

Legend

Reaction score
I was a wise 5 year old…..I remember the greats from the 90s. I don’t remember Aikman having 5 TDS…
Because during the Cowboys run of 3 SBs in 4 years; they did not play a 8 win 9 loss playoff team nor the Wild Card game in the playoffs.

They started at the divisional playoff round.

The Cowboys got big leads in all 4 of the divisional playoff games.

In at least 3 of the 4 games; Aikman and the Cowboys kept attacking on offense and scoring… putting their opponents in bigger holes for the D to tee off

1992 Divisional round: 34-3

1993 Divisional round: 24-3

1994 Divisional round: 21-3

1995 Divisional round: 30-3

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I was a wise 5 year old…..I remember the greats from the 90s. I don’t remember Aikman having 5 TDS…
Stats didn't define a QB in those days. I was referring to a perfectly managed game. No mistakes. Capitalize on the opportunities. In the playoff intensity. Aikman was usually clutch in those games. My QB can throw for 1,000 yards for all I care, if he leads a perfect game all the way to the Super Bowl, that's all that matters to me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because during the Cowboys run of 3 SBs in 4 years; they did not play a 8 win 9 loss playoff team nor the Wild Card game in the playoffs.

They started at the divisional playoff round.

The Cowboys got big leads in all 4 of the divisional playoff games.

In at least 3 of the 4 games; Aikman and the Cowboys kept attacking on offense and scoring… putting their opponents in bigger holes for the D to tee off

1992 Divisional round: 34-3

1993 Divisional round: 24-3

1994 Divisional round: 21-3

1995 Divisional round: 30-3

If you’re trying to convince me Aikman was great or better than Dak you don’t have to. I told the OP created this thread as a myth. No one thinks Dak is better than Aikman and no one has said it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Stats didn't define a QB in those days. I was referring to a perfectly managed game. No mistakes. Capitalize on the opportunities. In the playoff intensity. Aikman was usually clutch in those games. My QB can throw for 1,000 yards for all I care, if he leads a perfect game all the way to the Super Bowl, that's all that matters to me.
Like I told the other guy I don’t need convincing Aikman was great. That’s Romo fans.

khiladi

Reaction score
No, Aikman was Clutch. Aikman was a thoroughbred. Dak is what he is, try hard guy that has great leadership skills. No one in the entire Universe picks Dak over Aikman if they were coming out at the same time. Aikman was a Ferrari, Dak is Audi.

Please don’t insult Audis like that..

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Aikman played in a different era, hard to compare them, but obviously Aikman was better.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I am growing tired of all these new Cowboy fans on the internet praising Dak and trying to discredit Aikman. Aikman is an absolute legend and watching him back in the day was an honor. I know some people here don’t like me and that’s fine but I think we can all agree that Aikman was a bonafide legend and had more guts than Dak ever had! Im old enough to remember the glory days of the Cowboys and I just want to see this team to return to their former glory. Call me a troll, I don’t care!!! I’ve even seen posts on here from people claiming Aikman wasn’t that good and he rode his team’s coattails. Aikman was a true Cowboy and one of my favorite Cowboys. They don’t make QBs like him anymore. Yeehaw!!
If one is a fan of Troy Aikman, hey, more power to you. I like the man, mostly. I was a fan when he was with Dallas.