Aikman on Dak: He's going to be the Cowboys quarterback for a long time

Zman5

Reaction score
But how many guys have that type of accuracy? I always use the examples of Aikman and Rodgers, but how many current NFL QBs do? Brees does. Brady and Rivers, probably but I don't think they had it early on in their careers.

But guys like Russell Wilson, Eli Manning and Cam Newton have won a lot of games without having it.

Donovan McNabb is a great example of a QB who won lot of a games without being accurate. His career completion percentage is 59%. He did this mostly without great receivers too. Having a great offensive coach helped but some guys just find a way to win. Even with limitations.

DaoudaD

Reaction score
I immediately like this guy.
Post more bud!
thanks bro. I appreciate it. I try but people here post so fast. Specially in gameday threads. its hard to keep up. But I will do. thanks for the encouragment! :)

DaoudaD

Reaction score
Donovan McNabb is a great example of a QB who won lot of a games without being accurate. His career completion percentage is 59%. He did this mostly without great receivers too. Having a great offensive coach helped but some guys just find a way to win. Even with limitations.
loved Donovan Mcnabb. He is a good comparaison to Dak Prescott. I hope Dak does better and wins a Super Bowl someday. I think he is very capable. As long as he got good guys around. I hope Prescott understands that. Others got get paid alongside him, to make this thing work.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Aikman: "What should I say this week, Jerry?"

Jerry: "Dak is God reincarnated."

Aikman: "I'll do a play on your words, boss."

Brooksey

Reaction score
Romo profited from the country club atmosphere that was fully cultivated in Dallas by the time he arrived. Had we been a more serious franchise then, I'm fairly certain he is forced to live out his Cinderella fantasy elsewhere. Romo provided the perfect illusion of making us appear competitive without actually having to be that.

A+ for one of the dumbest statements I ever read on the site in over 10 years.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Romo profited from the country club atmosphere that was fully cultivated in Dallas by the time he arrived. Had we been a more serious franchise then, I'm fairly certain he is forced to live out his Cinderella fantasy elsewhere. Romo provided the perfect illusion of making us appear competitive without actually having to be that.
If Romo had the team (Zeke, Amari, and decent Defense) he would have won a LOOOOTTT more.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
He did. Lamar had more yards and passing touchdowns

Garbage time passing touchdowns when the chargers defense clearly had gone into protect mode

if you watched that game from start to finish like I did there is no conceivable way you can say that Jackson outplayed Rivers. No way

Rivers was getting absolutely killed the entire game and was still finding a way to make plays. For the first three quarters Jackson couldn't have hit water if he fell out of a boat

It's the same problem with Prescott. Sucks butt for 3 1/2 quarters and then makes a few plays the last 8 minutes and people think he had a great game

BoysForLife

Reaction score
It's a complete myth that Romo never had good teams surrounding him.

It's a complete Myth that Romo ever had *both* the leagues leading rusher and a top 5 scoring defense.
He never did. In fact only once during his tenure did he have a top 5 scoring defense, and only once did he have the leagues leading rusher behind him, and they were in separate seasons (2009 for the defense, 2014 for the rusher).

Dak has had both of those a the same time, twice in his first 3 years. And yet--we are constantly inundated with posts about how Dak has "nothing to work with" while Romo "was surrounded by piles of gold".

At least make your propaganda somewhat consistent with actual history.

Blake

Reaction score
A+ for one of the dumbest statements I ever read on the site in over 10 years.

He was a good passer in the regular season, but below average quarterback and football player in December. Sorry the truth ruffles your feathers, guy. He has become the most overglorified QB by a small minority of fans on this board for accomplishing nothing of significance, accept throwing multiple picks in win or go home games. I will keep dressing him down at every opportunity since I don't blindly accept the false "greatness" narrative attributed to him here.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
It's a complete Myth that Romo ever had *both* the leagues leading rusher and a top 5 scoring defense.
He never did. In fact only once during his tenure did he have a top 5 scoring defense, and only once did he have the leagues leading rusher behind him, and they were in separate seasons (2009 for the defense, 2014 for the rusher).

Dak has had both of those a the same time, twice in his first 3 years. And yet--we are constantly inundated with posts about how Dak has "nothing to work with" while Romo "was surrounded by piles of gold".

At least make your propaganda somewhat consistent with actual history.
Cowboys don’t have a top 5 scoring defense you’re making crap up

If tony needs the best defense and best rushing then MAYBE that means he’s not GOOD enough to carry a team.

Rodgers
Brady
Wilson
Brees
Ben
Mannning

Never had both and won SBs

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Garbage time passing touchdowns when the chargers defense clearly had gone into protect mode

if you watched that game from start to finish like I did there is no conceivable way you can say that Jackson outplayed Rivers. No way

Rivers was getting absolutely killed the entire game and was still finding a way to make plays. For the first three quarters Jackson couldn't have hit water if he fell out of a boat

It's the same problem with Prescott. Sucks butt for 3 1/2 quarters and then makes a few plays the last 8 minutes and people think he had a great game
Men lie. Women lie. Numbers don’t. Lamar outplayed Rivers as a raw rookie