Aikman talks about his thoughts on future w/Cowboys

Motorola

Reaction score
It is assumption that Aikman would make a good GM. How many ex players are actually GM's? And damned few ex players are HC's.

The skill sets are different. Matt Millen made an excellent GM.
John Lynch with the 49ers is one.
Ozzie Newsome - former GM, now EVP with the Ravens.
(Both HOF enshrinees as players btw.)

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Everyone has a poor draft pick. Landry took Howard Richards in 1st round.

Does this mean you’d be against Troy involved in our front office ?
Just a joke cause every time someone brings up Aikman in the front office someone always brings up LaFleur, but to answer your question - dont have a clue on how Troy would do, could be the next Ozzie Newsome or the next Matt Millen.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just a joke cause every time someone brings up Aikman in the front office someone always brings up LaFleur, but to answer your question - dont have a clue on how Troy would do, could be the next Ozzie Newsome or the next Matt Millen.
Of course .

But my question wasn’t about how we thought he’d do but would the idea joining our front office be a welcomed addition ?

I can’t imagine why it wouldn’t be but I’m open to discussion.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Of course .

But my question wasn’t about how we thought he’d do but would the idea joining our front office be a welcomed addition ?

If I dont have a clue about his skill-set for the job (dont even know the job for that matter) - how can I say if it would be a welcome addition or not.

Now if he would be put in a position where he can affect the culture of this team, then hell yeah I'd love to have him cause he's old school like Jimmy and Bill.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Especially Aikman, he hasn't been hanging in the Booger amen corner like Irvin and Smith. He has at least insinuated the problem with the Cowboys those two point at every thing else but the problem.

Booger is not giving up control to anyone. He'll let his son screw around and step in when he feels he needs to like the Gregory situation but he is the final word on the Cowboys.
Of course . But what Cowboy fan wouldn’t embrace adding Troy to our front office in whatever capacity .

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course .

Does it matter what we think about it? Aikman seems a little frustrated with the Cowboys now, just let him get on the inside.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If I dont have a clue about his skill-set for the job (dont even know the job for that matter) - how can I say if it would be a welcome addition or not.

Now if he would be put in a position where he can affect the culture of this team, then hell yeah I'd love to have him cause he's old school like Jimmy and Bill.
I’m not sure it would matter what capacity he was involved. It certainly at least on the face would seem to be welcomed initially.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Does it matter what we think about it? Aikman seems a little frustrated with the Cowboys now, just let him get on the inside.
This is about what we think about it not Jethro.

I’m not saying it would work or even help but what Cowboy fan wouldn’t welcome Troy joining in whatever capacity ?

Troy simply said he felt he could make some contribution.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
If I ended up with a broadcast job I’m not sure there’s anything that would get me away from that position aside. from maybe owning a team

Motorola

Reaction score
OK, 2 out of? Matt Millen was also an ex player.
Was just answering your question. No agenda or inference was meant by it
Great players in any professional sport are not shoo-ins to be successfull as coaches or general managers.
The vast majority don't care to attempt it on that level; mixed results overall for those that do.
(In the NBA, Larry Bird was successful... Magic Johnson - NO.)

Loso86

Reaction score
Aikman needs to stay as far away from this organization as possible. Don't soil his HOF career as a player and broadcaster with the dysfunction that is the Dallas Cowboys.
Lol ok

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Those triplets come out about 3x's a year. First Irvin, then Smith & now Aikman. Their thoughts on Dallas aren't any different from the millions of Cowboys fans.

My to all 3. TLDRI (too long didn't read it) :laugh:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
might as well let jason garrett be gm since he worked out so good as hc. heck, he might even be jerry's kid.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Que the Aikman gave his approval to draft LaFleur posts.
How many TE's did they send him to workout with? If LaFeur was the only one then that experiment had no control measurements with it.

No control measurements will always yield false results.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah Troy it ain't gonna happen.

Jerry has his own plan. The "feed my ego" deal.

Just sit back and watch it.