aikman was awful today

Hoov

Reaction score
suprised someone has not posted this yet. i have read before of posters ripping aikman for being a cowboy hater and what not, always thought that was rediculous, and usually troy is a good analyst.

But today i must have counted at least 4-5 times he was totally off in the first half alone, it just sounded like he was not watching the game at all.

The hamlin hit was not helmet to helmet, it was easy to see on replay. The comment about the rams not airing it out after they had thrown many passes that were over 10 yards, possibly over 20 yards - they just were not completing, but bulger was trying to air it out.

Anyone else notice this, almost every comment he made i was like....what ? huh ?

Wolfpack

Reaction score
I watched in a bar so I missed most of the fluff. Hamlin's hit sure did look like he was going to be writing a check come Monday.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
I have to agree. The Hamlin hit looked like a helmet to helmet...

Hoov

Reaction score
Wezsh0T;1678767 said:
really, i saw the replay and didnt think so, i may be wrong.

i never criticize aikman before and i enjoy his commnetary, usually he is spot on, but today just seemed like i could not figure out what he was talking about.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman mentioned that the Cowboys are lousy on 3rd down. I could've sworn (before today's game) that our 3rd down percentage was pretty good because Romo was constantly completing 3rd and 11, 3rd and 14, etc. for 1st downs. Overall, Aikman is good at what he does. I just wonder about that stat.

Blake

Reaction score
Still him and Buck are problly the best commentating duo there is. After that game I turned to the Colts/Broncos game and the difference was night and day. Aikman and Buck are much more enjoyable to listen to.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
He annoyed me with the we will lose Jason Garrett after the season line and the "the Rams are winning the defence and special teams battle" when it was tied, but overall he was fine.

Blake

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1678820 said:
He annoyed me with the we will lose Jason Garrett after the season line and the "the Rams are winning the defence and special teams battle" when it was tied, but overall he was fine.

That cracked me up, the Rams are winning the defensive battle and then he whent on to say that the Rams offense was just playing poorly.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Wezsh0T;1678767 said:

No way that looked like a h2h hit IMO

Boyzmamacita;1678786 said:
Aikman mentioned that the Cowboys are lousy on 3rd down. I could've sworn (before today's game) that our 3rd down percentage was pretty good because Romo was constantly completing 3rd and 11, 3rd and 14, etc. for 1st downs. Overall, Aikman is good at what he does. I just wonder about that stat.

I think we were 40% before today, I think thats pretty good but not sure though about the rankings

Hoov

Reaction score
yes, thats another one he said that i couldnt beleive.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Blake;1678791 said:
Still him and Buck are problly the best commentating duo there is. After that game I turned to the Colts/Broncos game and the difference was night and day. Aikman and Buck are much more enjoyable to listen to.
u might be the first person to ever call Buck enjoyable to listen to... im not criticizing u for that but yea not too many people agree with that... and Aikman i have never really enjoyed listened too and its not just cause he's a supposed "Cowboys hater" because listening to other games i dont like him either. both him and bucks voice gettin annoyin to me...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
That was not a head to head ....I just watched it again ..... he through his shoulder into him.

ndanger

Reaction score

It's better to be lousy on 3rd down when you are rippin' their buttock on 1st and 2nd down.I still say we are pretty good on 3rd down and have been lights out on 4th down when we have gone for it.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I started a thread last year complaining about a certain analyst that will shall remain nameless, and my thread was removed, I was dutifully banned for a few days after I questioned the removal and so I refuse to participate in this thread.....:shush:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ndanger;1679155 said:
It's better to be lousy on 3rd down when you are rippin' their buttock on 1st and 2nd down.I still say we are pretty good on 3rd down and have been lights out on 4th down when we have gone for it.
I wish we had gone for it on 4th down instead of punting to Hall who ended up scoring their only touchdown of the game. Of course, we were on our own 30 yard line, so I understand the decision to punt. It just would've been nice to shut them out.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
Hoov;1678717 said:
suprised someone has not posted this yet. i have read before of posters ripping aikman for being a cowboy hater and what not, always thought that was rediculous, and usually troy is a good analyst.

But today i must have counted at least 4-5 times he was totally off in the first half alone, it just sounded like he was not watching the game at all.

The hamlin hit was not helmet to helmet, it was easy to see on replay. The comment about the rams not airing it out after they had thrown many passes that were over 10 yards, possibly over 20 yards - they just were not completing, but bulger was trying to air it out.

Anyone else notice this, almost every comment he made i was like....what ? huh ?

I'm with ya. I actually yelled at the TV, telling Aikman to "SHUT UP Troy".

That Hamlin hit was lead with a shoulder pad. Make Tivo your friend too.

These announcers need to learn from Summeral in his prime, know when to "shut up". You don't have to fill the air with constant babble. Learn the art of silence Troy

SaMaD_KhARoME

Benched
Reaction score
He actually said the Rams were beating us in the Defense and Special Teams phases of the game.

Was their defense actually better then ours that game?

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
I get frustrated by coverage that doesn't cover the game.

I'd have liked to know when Ellis was in the game, for example. I also don't need baseball coverage instead of coverage of the game that I'm actually watching.

An unrelated point - Aikman said several nice things about the Cowboys today ... how he thought they were one of the best teams. I suspect that there are thousands upon thousands of nonCowboys fans out there who think Aikman sounds like a homer when he talks like that.

juck

Reaction score
Anyone think Troy is a lil upset that we finally found his replacement after 10 years.