aikman was awful today

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder how big Troy Aikman's business card is these days.

How does he fit so much on it. This is just some of the stuff that must be on it.

#1 overall NFL Draft Pick
Three time Superbowl Champ
Superbowl MVP
Fox NFL Commentator
Devil
Commie-Pinko
Cowboys Hater
Philly Lover

Geez, I would hate to see the size of those business cards.

:sarcasm:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't always agree with what Troy says but overall I think he is one of the best out there in the broadcast both. I don't think he is anti-Cowboys or is upset the Jones or the franchise. I felt he was a professional at QB and think he is very professional with this job.

Skin

Reaction score
I loved Troy as our QB, but I cannot stand him as an announcer. I think he is over-rated and his voice is like nails on a chalkboard to my ears.

Someone can take Joe Buck and his smarmy, smirking countenance and ship him back to St. Louis on a rail for all I care. I like him even less than Aikman. I am tired of his schtick.

Other than that, I think they're great!

cowboyfreak

Reaction score
I don't agree at all that Aikman is anti-Cowboy - I think he is the best commentator in the game....

My only beef is the helmet to helmet crud - Hamlin led with his shoulder and turned away at the last minute -

Aikman - if you don't know for sure don't spew it -

The only other call that I didn't agree with was the sideline throw down the sideline to D. Hall (coverage by Jacques Reeves) that was ruled complete- challenged by Dallas-ruled incomplete-challenged by St Louis-and ruled incomplete. Aikman is calling for interference on Reeves where I din't see any at all.

Anyway no big deal!

blindzebra

Reaction score
2 points:

One, I couldn't figure out how come this crew never had an official measurement...Barber's run was right on the yard marker, they put the ball right on the yellow line on the telecast, but no measurement. It may have cost us a shutout. Later Leonard had an almost identical run and spot, and again they didn't measure it, but gave the Rams a FD.

Two, the one really annoying Troy moment for me was when they called the false start on the Rams RT, when he clearly flinched before Spears jumped, and he's going on and on about it being a bad call.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
DBoys;1679875 said:
Great post and you are exactly right. This is why I like Moose better because he goes far beyond the obvious.

Ozzu;1679896 said:
Buck and Aikman are alright, but give me Madden and Michaels any day of the week. Oh and I'll take Moose as well.

I agree Moose is insightful and forthright with his commentary...

It takes all kinds but if I had my choice Aikman and Buck would never call another game that I wanted to watch...and that is what is so bittersweet I love that the Cowboys are winning but with that winning means that B&A (stands for Buck & Aikman or Bad & Awful depending upon your view point) will be doing more games but no biggie the volume goes to the off position.