aikman was awful today

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
have had it with Aikman? While he did give us credit a couple of times during the game, he spent the rest of the time proving he does not remain a die-hard Cowboy. I can't remember how many times during the game he sided with the opposition instead of the Cowboys. I understand that this has been a topic of discussion in many other threads, but how long must we endure Aikman's attempt to prove he does not bleed silver and blue? In my opinion, many times seems he seemed quick to side with the opposing team in order to prove his worthiness as a commentator. I understand the strategy of providing a contrary view to your co-commentator, but this has become ridiculous. I love Aikman but must we endure his constant bashing? I have said my piece and I apologize for taking 2 minutes of your time. I am ready for the post heavy to recommend closure of this thread.
Signed
El Gallo de Oro

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Let it go dude. He's not going to be a blatant homer as a network analyst.

DBoys

Reaction score
He says some of the stupidest things. You know it's bad when he says it and makes Buck look smart.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Troy Aikman has earned the right to say anything he wants as long as he is respectful.

He earned it with the permanent damage to his back and the concussions he acquired getting our team 3 Superbowl trophies.

He is a great color commentator.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;1679574 said:
Troy Aikman has earned the right to say anything he wants as long as he is respectful.

He earned it with the permanent damage to his back and the concussions he acquired getting our team 3 Superbowl trophies.

:signmast:

cleverusername

Reaction score
Bach;1679555 said:
Let it go dude. He's not going to be a blatant homer as a network analyst.

He's right. This is something I feel very strongly about.

Troy is alienating Cowboy fans more and more every game. After the last game ... I had enough.

Today I used the sound from the radio. As much as I hate Babe, he and Sham at least give the Cowboys credit were credit is do.

I refuse to listen to one of my former heroes bash the Cowboy's over and over. Darryl, Jimmy, Irvin are all unbiased without separating themselves from the cowboy's every other sentence.

The sad thing is I can see he coming back as we're developing into a better team.

I'll always love Troy but I'm disappointed in him right now.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd say he meant it as far as rushing. I think I remember a stat being posted on TV about how the 'boys were good at rushing on 3rd down. Don't quote me on that.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Well this is a little off topic but not too far: Just watched the post game on nBC SNF and Tiki Barber is a HOMER with 200 exclamation marks....every week he talks about the Giants whether they are playing or not...its really bad...I am glad Troy is not like that but it would be nice if Troy would give Dallas credit when due.

DCfaninDC

Reaction score
zrinkill;1679574 said:

Amen to that.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Hey, this is nothing new...I've been saying it for 2 years...the guy is just God awful and not just when he does the Cowboy games. The only part of analyst he has got done is the anal part... he doesn't explain why anything happened...he just always mentions the obvious....

Buck: Troy I know you threw better passes than that when you played with Dallas but the ball just hit TO in the hands and he dropped it.

Aikman: Ha, TO has got to hold on to the ball.

Me: Vomit, Turn down the sound, AGAIN... and wonder sweet Jesus how did they ever get to be in the booth let alone #1.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
ive mentioned it several times here that Aikman is annoying as hell when he does Cowboy games, and his man love for the Eagles, especially McNabb is sickening.

in todays game, it seemed to me like he just talks too much, he will be talking about the last play well into the next play. like we're too stupid to know whats happening. Moose Johnson imo is way better than Troy.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1679172 said:
I wish we had gone for it on 4th down instead of punting to Hall who ended up scoring their only touchdown of the game. Of course, we were on our own 30 yard line, so I understand the decision to punt. It just would've been nice to shut them out.

I wanted to go for it to. It was a 4th and inches and I don't think they could have stopped the first down. But I could understand the decision given the field position. After Hall ran back the punt, I commented I guew we would have come out better if we had just gone for it. I betcha next time we are in that position Wade goes for it.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1679614 said:
I'd say he meant it as far as rushing. I think I remember a stat being posted on TV about how the 'boys were good at rushing on 3rd down. Don't quote me on that.

THe way I heard it was he wasing that the Rams Defense was winning the overall battles (as well as the ST's)

DBoys

Reaction score
Zaxor;1679700 said:
Hey, this is nothing new...I've been saying it for 2 years...the guy is just God awful and not just when he does the Cowboy games. The only part of analyst he has got done is the anal part... he doesn't explain why anything happened...he just always mentions the obvious....

Buck: Troy I know you threw better passes than that when you played with Dallas but the ball just hit TO in the hands and he dropped it.

Aikman: Ha, TO has got to hold on to the ball.

Me: Vomit, Turn down the sound, AGAIN... and wonder sweet Jesus how did they ever get to be in the booth let alone #1.

Great post and you are exactly right. This is why I like Moose better because he goes far beyond the obvious.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
All I know is that any announcer needs to keep their trap shut concerning whether a hit should be fined or not. Even if they see it, they should refrain. JMO.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Buck and Aikman are alright, but give me Madden and Michaels any day of the week. Oh and I'll take Moose as well.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
hamlin got him with the shoulder....he missed him with the helmet.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ozzu;1679896 said:
Buck and Aikman are alright, but give me Madden and Michaels any day of the week. Oh and I'll take Moose as well.
Al Michaels must die! :chainsaw: