Aikman: "why do you throw that pass when Zeke just ran the ball for 8yds?"

Sydla

Reaction score
Understand where are you coming from but the thing is, which are the better odds:

A) Score from goal to go with 1 minute remaining? Knowing you were moving the ball great against them.
B) ARod doesn't score with 1:14 and a TO left.

If you had to choose one situation, which one would you take?

I'll take A all day long.

Further, if the Pack is just going to let them score, why didn't they let Elliott score on the long 9 yard run on 1st down?

Dodger12

Reaction score
I like troy as a commentator, but his comment here reeks of arm chair coaching with the benefit of knowing the result. Most coaches will tell you that 2nd &1 is one of the best situations to pass...for obvious reasons. Of course it does require one to catch the ball.

I think JG is a boob of a coach and nothing but a JJ yes man, but I don't blame him for this particular call. Just keeping it real.

Troy called it the minute the ball was thrown. He didn't know the end result but he certainly knew the ramifications and he was right.

slick325

Reaction score
The defense lost the game. Plain and simple. Get a stop! That is what the DC and his staff are paid millions to do. That is what the defensive players are paid to do. Get a stop or hold them to 3pts.

Sad that the offense has to hold it until one sec left and HOPE they still score the TD necessary to take the lead. Smh...2nd and 1 didn't lose the game, the defense did. Again.

erod

Reaction score
The coaches should never have given him the option.

That's the point. How can't you grasp that concept?
If my quarterback can't recognize something this simple, then he's not going to be my quarterback anymore.

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
This coaching staff has never excelled at clock management. Not expecting it to change now. Rodgers probably has a massive smile on his face when they see the Cowboys on the schedule. They will allow him all the possesions he needs to win the game and be the hero

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The defense lost the game. Plain and simple. Get a stop! That is what the DC and his staff are paid millions to do. That is what the defensive players are paid to do. Get a stop or hold them to 3pts.

Sad that the offense has to hold it until one sec left and HOPE they still score the TD necessary to take the lead. Smh...2nd and 1 didn't lose the game, the defense did. Again.
A "team" does what it has to do to WIN!

Pants

Reaction score
Aikman was correct...if we run on 2nd down, then the clock continues to run...we win the game...

once again, the coaches out-coaching themselves...they get cutesy and lose another one...the worst game-management staff I have ever seen

slick325

Reaction score
A "team" does what it has to do to WIN!

Agreed. Offense scored the go ahead TD. Special Teams made the extra point. Defense...get a stop and seal the game. A "team" does what it has to do to WIN!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
They scored so obviously they left too much time, but that is not the argument I am making. The point is you can't say with any certainty that had they done x,y, or z instead of a,b, and c that we win. It is stupid to nit-pick the calls and the play where Dak scored, because the only chance they had to win that game was to get a TD. Hell if you want to play what if on time, GB scored with too much time too because had Dak and Beasley made that play we get a TO and a chance to win from the 35 or so. The game wasn't lost in the last minute it was lost when Williams didn't make a routine catch. When Hitchens got a facemask. When Scandrick dropped a pick. Not to mention a few calls from the refs that GB always seem to get against us.
I am not saying that any of this is not true my friend, I am just saying that you have to understand the situation you are in. Look these things are known and not disputed and you must plan accordingly........

1. Green Bay is going to get calls, they just are. Is like playing against Jordon, anything that looks anything like a penalty will be called. So if you hit Roger a second after he throws the ball, there is going to be a flag.
2. Green Bay holds like mothers and will never get called.
3. You cant leave Rogers any time left at the end of the game or you will lose. See playoff game and this game as examples.
4. Your defense totally blows, probably the worst in the entire league so don't expect a stop, especially in the 4th quarter.
5. Your head coach has a history of struggling with game management decisions, clock management, lost play calling over it.

These are facts that you know before the game even starts. So knowing these facts, you have to plan a gameplan accordingly. Now scoring with over a minute left on the clock just violated rule #3 (left Rogers time on the clock) and now rule #4 comes into play (your defense blows, don't expect a stop).

You cant violate two of the five rules and expect to win the game, and to nobody's surprise, we didn't.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Agreed. Offense scored the go ahead TD. Special Teams made the extra point. Defense...get a stop and seal the game. A "team" does what it has to do to WIN!

How many times is this going to have to be said?

Our defense has been an off season afterthought for years. When healthy they're in the bottom half of the league. In our current banged up state, they're a bottom 5 unit. You know it, I know it, the whole damned league knows it.

Expecting our guys to get a stop against Rodgers, one of the greatest late game QB's in the history of the sport, when he had over a minute and a timeout to work with is not merely unreasonable, it's borderline insane.

The only way our D had any chance was if GB had to go a minimum of 40-50 yards in under 30 seconds without the benefit of a timeout. We were in a position to force them to do just that. We didn't, and we paid the price.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
How many times is this going to have to be said?

Our defense has been an off season afterthought for years. When healthy they're in the bottom half of the league. In our current banged up state, they're a bottom 5 unit. You know it, I know it, the whole damned league knows it.

Expecting our guys to get a stop against Rodgers, one of the greatest late game QB's in the history of the sport, when he had over a minute and a timeout to work with is not merely unreasonable, it's borderline insane.

The only way our D had any chance was if GB had to go 40-50 yards in under 30 seconds without the benefit of a timeout. We were in a position to force them to do just that. We didn't, and we paid the price.
:hammer:
Against 8/10 Quarterbacks this might have worked. Against Rodgers no dice. Saw the interview with him where he said he was confident they would go down and get a TD.

erod

Reaction score
Your QB got benched and then he retired. He's moved on. You might wanna try the same thing.
I've moved on. However, everybody is trying to make Dak out to be the next elite QB. So far, he's just the next Byron Leftwich. A while mountain of things to prove still.

Slim_JD

Reaction score
If Dak changed the play from run to pass then it's on him. Plain and simple.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Wrong. The offense could have played it much smarter down the stretch and placed the defense in a much more advantageous position. What is the alleged strength of this team? The offense..