Aikman: "why do you throw that pass when Zeke just ran the ball for 8yds?"

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Guys, the fact that this thread has no reached 20 pages and both Talkin Cowboys and The Break spent virtually their entire shows on this proves that it was a controversial decision.

If what they did was a no brainer, then why all the attention, discussion, arguments, ect?

The problem is not necessarily if it was a blunder, the problem is that a very large number of people think it was a blunder. So the guys saying it is no big deal may not consider it a big deal, but a very large number of people......even in the organization like Helman, Nick Eatman, and Derrik.......as well as Troy Aikman and a very large number of fans on social media.......all think it was a blunder.

That's a problem for an organization when even people on your payroll say it was a blunder, never mind fan Joe on his sofa.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Guys, the fact that this thread has no reached 20 pages and both Talkin Cowboys and The Break spent virtually their entire shows on this proves that it was a controversial decision.

If what they did was a no brainer, then why all the attention, discussion, arguments, ect?

The problem is not necessarily if it was a blunder, the problem is that a very large number of people think it was a blunder. So the guys saying it is no big deal may not consider it a big deal, but a very large number of people......even in the organization like Helman, Nick Eatman, and Derrik.......as well as Troy Aikman and a very large number of fans on social media.......all think it was a blunder.

That's a problem for an organization when even people on your payroll say it was a blunder, never mind fan Joe on his sofa.
I knew the Monday shows would eat it up. Haven't seen any of them but thank for the confirmation. It was a dumb decision.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
When the advantageous matchup is a fade pattern that is historically a low percentage play, yeah, don't opt into the play.

Dumb call by the staff. It's just that simple.
The fade to Dez made him 70mm. Dez is historically great at scoring touchdowns in the red zone.

I'd love to see you debate that.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I just read all 20 pages.

I find it very hard to believe anyone who has watched more than a season of football would think that pass, in any way, was the right call. Then again our staff did too.

What does that tell you?

When you’ve watched enough sports you sometimes just know what will happen or would have happened.
We would’ve continued running the ball down their throat for 2 or 3 more plays then scored a td. The reach for the first made it clear. Zeke was not going to be denied the win. Except by the coaches.