Aikman: "why do you throw that pass when Zeke just ran the ball for 8yds?"

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
It's Garrett's offense and Garrett's philosophy and no way does Garrett not hear what Linehan is calling into Dak and there is no way Garrett doesn't have the authority to change the call so the buck stops at Garrett.
I don't understand why people argue against this very simple concept.

coogrfan

Reaction score
There are almost always 2 plays called, and Dak was running it with 6 in the box, passing with 7 in the box. How do you geniuses know that Dak didn’t see man coverage and go with the pass?

I don't really care who made the decision. We had a chance to take Rodgers out of the equation by making it our running game vs their D. We chose not to do that. Not surprisingly, we lost.

khiladi

Reaction score
Are you suggesting that the Texans would somehow have been less confident last week if Brady had only needed a fg to beat them instead of a td? Because that's just silly.

Now, I'm saying that their coaches have confidence in their young players and their QB airing it out so they play like paranoid kids from week to week..

Blackspider214

Reaction score
As long as Dez is on this team, he will be force fed the ball. Because all know that if he isn't, he will demand the ball in the fashion he does.

khiladi

Reaction score
You clearly aren't getting my point.

I'm getting it.. you think teams should play scared and make the SB playing that way.. I don't think Marinelli should have played prevent..

If you stop teams under two minutes regularly with top tier QBs, why abandon it for prevent just because your 'scared of a big play'?

ALBIT

Reaction score
Our offensive coaches are just as poor as our defensive talent. Come on now. Enough already. That throw to Dak made no sense. None. Yoi have to know how awful your defense is. Sorry but you have to and shame on the clueless people who never get it responsible for calling rhe that play

coogrfan

Reaction score
Even if we run and force GB to use their timeout, so what? He could have pulled it off with 20 seconds against this defense. Throw one deep pass, get a flag or catch, then another, game over.

Come on. Our odds of at least limiting them to a game tieing fg would have been significantly better if they get the ball back with with no timeouts left and under a minute remaining.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Come on. Our odds of at least limiting them to a game tying fg would have been are significantly better if the clock if they get the ball back with with no timeouts left and under a minute remaining.

You might be right. But this team is coached to lose these types of games one way or another. I honestly don't know how the players were able to cover for this staff last season.

khiladi

Reaction score
It's Garrett's offense and Garrett's philosophy and no way does Garrett not hear what Linehan is calling into Dak and there is no way Garrett doesn't have the authority to change the call so the buck stops at Garrett.

Your assumption is predicated in the fact Garrett knows what he is doing..

I don't know why people think he can and just admit the fact that he simply sucks.. they confused his 'polished' Ivy League 'demeanor' with knowing football..

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Because it left Rodgers with enough time to come down the field and score the winning td? Everybody on the planet knew how that was going to play out.
But then they scored in 4 seconds later so both plays scored at the same time

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
well one thing for sure stupid starts at the top and goes all the way to the bottom

coogrfan

Reaction score
Now, I'm saying that their coaches have confidence in their young players and their QB airing it out so they play like paranoid kids from week to week..

Dude, if the Texans had confidence in their guys they would have gone for in the hopes of putting the game out of reach. What the hell are you talking about?

khiladi

Reaction score
Clock. A failed run keeps the clock running. GB only had 1 time-out.

I can understand that. I just don't agree with the premise that no good team would have taken a shot not we should play scared..

Teams take that shot regularly depending on what they are shown

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't believe in playing like a girl.. if you are gonna play prevent on their side then it's your fault as a coach.. not the players..

Then they put Jones in single coverage on a WR, when they just had to play the FG..

So they went Jekyll and Hide..

So you believe in playing like a fool?

Because that's what that playcall was - football stupid. Completely lacking in the common sense of football.