Aikman: "why do you throw that pass when Zeke just ran the ball for 8yds?"

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
You score when you can. There was under 90 seconds left when we kicked off the ball.

Trying to score with 1 second left on the clock is a good recipe for not scoring the ball at all.

That's a blatant exaggeration that isn't practicle. Had we ran the ball, another 40 sec ticks off. We had two timeouts so time wasn't a factor on our end.

It was a factor for GB and we gave Rodgers the ball with over a minute left. Unreal how stupid our staff is. We were even snapping the ball with 10 sec left on the playclock. Just dumb dumb dumb

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I said we shouldn't have scored until there was 3 seconds left in the game. Why doesn't JG listen to me?:thumbdown:

wssaustin

Reaction score
No it wasn't. It's a lose lose scenario in that context of the game.

Our situational football is abysmal

I think this staff failed Dak again today. 2nd down and 2 play he has to be told to run the football no matter what. The look on Linehan's face tells me he too was upset with the decision to pass if indeed it was Dak who changed the play, but I highly doubt Dak was told that the play was a run: non-negotiable.

Who made the decision to pass? That's the ultimate question.
Imo decision like that deserve to be fired or benched.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I think this staff failed Dak again today. 2nd down and 2 play he has to be told to run the football no matter what. The look on Linehan's face tells me he too was upset with the decision to pass if indeed it was Dak who changed the play, but I highly doubt Dak was told that the play was a run: non-negotiable.
IF the OC is not in complete control over that situation, he should not be an OC. Giving Linehan's history, I believe that call came from the sideline.

Wood

Reaction score
On a second and one and another chance to get a first down, while getting single coverage on Dez, it was perfectly a fine play call..

I felt time management has to be balanced with need to score in that situation after witnessing several last possession victory by Rogers.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
The short answer to Troy's question is because we have a puppet head coach that isn't even trusted to hire his own personnel , literally the only coach in the NFL that isn't allowed to make decisions about his staff .
That causes an accountability issue .

Jerry is literally the worst most hard headed GM in sports . Any GM with over 20 years of losing like Jerry has under his belt would have been fired a long time ago . The Dallas Cowboys will never win another championship while Jerry Jones is in charge.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Giving Aaron Rodgers the ball with 1:30 to go and a timeout is a certain recipe for defeat.
Sure Rodgers is great but we can't just try not to score unless it's with 2 seconds left. That's just dumb.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The short answer to Troy's question is because we have a puppet head coach that isn't even trusted to hire his own personnel , literally the only coach in the NFL that isn't allowed to make decisions about his staff .
That causes an accountability issue .

Jerry is literally the worst most hard headed GM in sports . Any GM with over 20 years of losing like Jerry has under his belt would have been fired a long time ago . The Dallas Cowboys will never win another championship while Jerry Jones is in charge.
But the question that buzzing in my head right now is... Does Jerry think that call on 2nd & 1 was a bad call?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
That's a blatant exaggeration that isn't practicle. Had we ran the ball, another 40 sec ticks off. We had two timeouts so time wasn't a factor on our end.

It was a factor for GB and we gave Rodgers the ball with over a minute left. Unreal how stupid our staff is. We were even snapping the ball with 10 sec left on the playclock. Just dumb dumb dumb
So don't try and score unless there is under 90 seconds? 60 seconds? 10 seconds? What if there is a penalty? Or a sack? or we're stuffed for no gain? Or we move backwards? I understand if all we needed was a fg. But when you have to score a TD you have to go out and try and score. Dez in single coverage in the Red Zone is a play and situation you take. It's simply not practical to say we aren't going to go for the potential game winning TD right here because there is 90 seconds on the clock and it's too much time.

People are so results oriented and emotional.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sure Rodgers is great but we can't just try not to score unless it's with 2 seconds left. That's just dumb.

I don't think anyone is arguing that. If the TD is there, take it. The problem was not burning more time off by:

A. Throwing a fade to stop the clock, at least make them use a TO
B. Not snapping the ball at the last second

It was poor time management. I do agree that it would be stupid to kneel at the one, touchdowns are not guaranteed.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dallas had the ball for 12:44 of the 4th quarter yet Green Bay scored 3 touchdowns. One was a pick six, but that's still ridiculous.