Aikman: "why do you throw that pass when Zeke just ran the ball for 8yds?"

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
His "patience" for this "process" has already reached ridiculous proportions. I don't expect that to change anytime soon unfortunately.

And it will be easier for fans to point fingers at each other for being "bad fans" or lacking that same ridiculous "patience".

Call me a pessimist, I'm not seeing a playoff team here. Certainly not a playoff coaching staff
No. You're not a pessimist at all. It's very clear that we do NOT look like a team that will make any noise down the stretch. The frustrating thing is that we are getting guys back, should have been 4-1 at this point if not for our dumb coaches, and will just tread water thanks to our "dumb coaches".

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am trying to see the coaches side of that call and come up with a good reason to make the call. I am being serious when I say that I cannot come up single reason to call that fade pass in that situation. It leads me to a scary realization, there are coaches on this team with some level of incompetence. Did he not know the down and yardage? Did he not know how much time was left? If we score, did he not think that a minute and a half for Rodgers was enough to at least get in FG range? Did he allow the QB to audible that call? Really struggling to come up with an excuse for that call.
It was almost picked off too which is another reason not to do it.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
They RAN the very next play..

Your still not seeing that when you do an incomplete pass on that 2nd and 1, the clock being stopped is more important than anything.

If we score that TD, guess what there is even more time on the clock. Either way, the decision is horrible giving the ball back to Rodgers with even more time left.

Not sure what your not getting about the play clock....or wait is that you JG?

khiladi

Reaction score
Your still not seeing that when you do an incomplete pass on that 2nd and 1, the clock being stopped is more important than anything.

If we score that TD, guess what there is even more time on the clock. Either way, the decision is horrible giving the ball back to Rodgers with even more time left.

Not sure what your not getting about the play clock....or wait is that you JG?

So holding Rodgers to less than 150 yards passing the whole game is enough to warrant you thinking he can't be stopped?

Maybe we shouldn't have played prevent?

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
So holding Rodgers to less than 150 yards passing the whole game is enough to warrant you thinking he can't be stopped?

Maybe we shouldn't have played prevent?

Maybe, just maybe, when your D sucks you shouldn't even give them the ball in the first place.

That 2nd and 1 play gave them the ball back with plenty of time left.

TheHerd

Reaction score
On a second and one and another chance to get a first down, while getting single coverage on Dez, it was perfectly a fine play call..
Not with this defense. Your only hope is to score with less than 30 seconds left, ideally less then that.

12 years of Romo haters will disagree, but that's just the reality of being the Dallas Cowboys QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe, when your D sucks you shouldn't even give them the ball in the first place.

That 2nd and 1 play gave them the ball back.

So then holding GB to around 150 yards passing until that last drive proved they sucked and couldn't stop GB? What am I missing here?

khiladi

Reaction score
Not with this defense. Your only hope is to score with less than 30 seconds left, ideally less then that.

12 years of Romo haters will disagree, but that's just the reality of being the Dallas Cowboys QB.

Romo didn't lose because if defenses.. Romo lost because his offense was committing 30 plus TOs a game because the incompetent HC was our OC then and the defense eventually folded having to constantly cover for that bum..

We had a top six scoring defense when Wade was here..

Swanny

Reaction score
On a second and one and another chance to get a first down, while getting single coverage on Dez, it was perfectly a fine play call..
100% disagree. If he scores your givimg too much time if it's incomplete it stops the clock. Run the ball let that clock tick. The clock waa just as important as the score.... With a defense like we have. With a better defense then yeah I'd have no problem with the play call

SacredStar

Reaction score
Sometimes the better team doesn't win. Dallas was the better team today. Sucks bad.

aikemirv

Reaction score
So then holding GB to around 150 yards passing until that last drive proved they sucked and couldn't stop GB? What am I missing here?
That they did not have to pass because we could not stop the run wither. What in Rodgers stats for the first 3 and a half quarters shows you that we were stopping him-his attempts??

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You score when you can. There was under 90 seconds left when we kicked off the ball.

Trying to score with 1 second left on the clock is a good recipe for not scoring the ball at all.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I am trying to see the coaches side of that call and come up with a good reason to make the call. I am being serious when I say that I cannot come up single reason to call that fade pass in that situation. It leads me to a scary realization, there are coaches on this team with some level of incompetence. Did he not know the down and yardage? Did he not know how much time was left? If we score, did he not think that a minute and a half for Rodgers was enough to at least get in FG range? Did he allow the QB to audible that call? Really struggling to come up with an excuse for that call.

I think this staff failed Dak again today. 2nd down and 2 play he has to be told to run the football no matter what. The look on Linehan's face tells me he too was upset with the decision to pass if indeed it was Dak who changed the play, but I highly doubt Dak was told that the play was a run: non-negotiable.