Ajayi damaged goods?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I saw him a few times this year and he was very average, could be he hated his situation in Miami.
For what they paid I think it's a good gamble, but does not change anyrhing in my opinion.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He will get more opportunities as a receiving back in Philly. Not sure why Miami didn’t use him that way more. He is a very capable receiver. 50 receptions his last year @ Boise State. Howie Roseman mentioned this trait of his specifically

He reportedly worked on his receiving significantly in the offseason in the hopes of being used more in that capacity in the NFL, so I imagine his game was lacking there in some way prior. And then he got replaced as the 3rd down back in MIA.

You're right, though, that he'll get his chance to prove he can do it in PHI. If he can, you guys have a good RB tandem there.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Another RBBC in Philly.......... nothing to see there

If you have 4 RBs you have 0 RBs

visionary

Reaction score
Imagine them with an "old Sproles" right now? I really thought they would have missed him a lot more than it appears they have.

It's called coaching

It's something the cowboys should look into
Maybe Garrett can start learning that now that he had graduated from clapping and spitting

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Kellen Moore set the all-time winning record for an NCAA quarterback at Boise State.

Ajayi is a locker room cancer and a mediocre running back.
He's no better than the combination of Blount and Smallwood. This is not an upgrade.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Listening to Bryan Broaddus, he's heard from people in Miami that Ajayi's knee is a real problem.
I don't know if it is a current issue that may hamper him this season or just a long term concern.
His knee issue was the reason why he wasn't a high draft pick two years ago.
Something is up! No way Miami accepts a 4th for him if they had confidence in his health.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Listening to Bryan Broaddus, he's heard from people in Miami that Ajayi's knee is a real problem.
I don't know if it is a current issue that may hamper him this season or just a long term concern.
He's on a rookie contract.

They need whatever they can get out of him this year and they can draft a RB and drop him after this season.

Sydla

Reaction score
This signing means nothing. That dude is just a dude. No better than what they have already.

Actually he's a better pass blocker than Blount or Smallwood and that's a reason they made a move for him. Their TBs were getting Wentz nailed.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Could not agree more. Never saw anything out of him that made him look like more than a guy.

he had two crazy games last year. that's what everyone is basing this "HE'S GREAT!!" stuff on. He's not great. He's decent.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Actually he's a better pass blocker than Blount or Smallwood and that's a reason they made a move for him. Their TBs were getting Carson nailed.

this is the biggest thing to me, too. that's why they got him more than anything else.

Sydla

Reaction score
But everybody on here thinks the Eagles already won the SB because they traded for Walter Payton. How can this be????

LOL no one said that.

It's amazing how many of your exaggerate and missed the points being made.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is an exaggeration.

Most of the angst comes from the fact that they are cruising at the top of the division and still felt to need to go out and get a player to help them improve.

That is an aggressive move, whether it pays off is anyone's guess. But it was a step towards not being fat and happy when there is talent available.

Meanwhile, in Dallas, crickets. Then the silence is cut with a tinkle of ice hitting the bottom of a glass, then some Johnny Walker Blue being poured over it. "Ah. We like what we have.".
Dallas is actually using a brain in the front office.
Philly is a young team with issues cropping up and just traded off a mid level pick for a RB that people are scared has 1-2 seasons left.

Ajani lived 5 mins from The Star and everyone in that family begged Dallas to draft him. Dallas was hardly unaware of him. They were just scared of that knee and didn't think he should take abuse to play in the NFL.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He's decent with bad wheels. No need for him here with McF and Morris and Smith. We don't need any more RBs.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There were reports that he didn't practice much because his knee was always bothering him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas is actually using a brain in the front office.
Philly is a young team with issues cropping up and just traded off a mid level pick for a RB that people are scared has 1-2 seasons left.

Ajani lived 5 mins from The Star and everyone in that family begged Dallas to draft him. Dallas was hardly unaware of him. They were just scared of that knee and didn't think he should take abuse to play in the NFL.

Seriously?

After an offseason where the Cowboys paid $4 million guaranteed for one game of Nolan Carroll?

Or what they're still paying for Cedric Thornton?

Or the Stephen Paea alternative?

Or how about a 6th rounder for Bene Benwikere?

No. Not "using a brain in the front office".

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
This signing means nothing. That dude is just a dude. No better than what they have already.

Sproles was a killer loss for them. They ain't replacing him with Ajayi.

_sturt_

Reaction score
He has a knee issue and he's had a ridiculous amount of concussions.

He's probably going to have a short career but for what they got him for and the money he is owed they stole the guy.

If he has a short career, I'd consider a 4th rounder to be a pretty significant price.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
he had two crazy games last year. that's what everyone is basing this "HE'S GREAT!!" stuff on. He's not great. He's decent.
I totally agree with this. From when I have seen him play, he seems to go down very easy without putting up much of a fight. Maybe he's holding back because of his knee.