Ajayi damaged goods?

Sydla

Reaction score
Dallas is actually using a brain in the front office.
Philly is a young team with issues cropping up and just traded off a mid level pick for a RB that people are scared has 1-2 seasons left.

Ajani lived 5 mins from The Star and everyone in that family begged Dallas to draft him. Dallas was hardly unaware of him. They were just scared of that knee and didn't think he should take abuse to play in the NFL.

They traded a 4th round pick for him and they had three 4th round picks. They only really want him for 1-2 seasons, at most.

And LOL at claiming it's Dallas who has a brain.

Let's see. They turned a 13-3 Cowboys team into one that was heading for a dogfight just to make the WC. Their top 3 offseason FAs brought in from the outside to help this team are no longer with the team 7 games into the season. They've won one playoff game in 8 years.

Yeah, geniuses over there in Frisco. Stone cold geniuses.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Seriously?

After an offseason where the Cowboys paid $4 million guaranteed for one game of Nolan Carroll?

Or what they're still paying for Cedric Thornton?

Or the Stephen Paea alternative?

Or how about a 6th rounder for Bene Benwikere?

No. Not "using a brain in the front office".
You missed Blanton bro. And maybe another. Lol.

I feel ya

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If he has a short career, I'd consider a 4th rounder to be a pretty significant price.

Nah..

Lots of 4th rounders never contribute.

He's shown he can play at a high level.

If he can do it for you for a few years then it's warranted. If he can get you 1 title somehow then it's worth it if he plays a season.

Reactions: CWR

kevm3

Reaction score
For a 4th rounder, when the Eagles have multiple, if he can bring something akin to what he brought last year, then yea, it was a great trade for them. If this truly was a nonsignifcant trade, then there wouldn't be topics trying to put cowboys fans at ease.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They traded a 4th round pick for him and they had three 4th round picks. They only really want him for 1-2 seasons, at most.

And LOL at claiming it's Dallas who has a brain.

Let's see. They turned a 13-3 Cowboys team into one that was heading for a dogfight just to make the WC. Their top 3 offseason FAs brought in from the outside to help this team are no longer with the team 7 games into the season. They've won one playoff game in 8 years.

Yeah, geniuses over there in Frisco. Stone cold geniuses.
They are building to win for a decade, not a year.
People with a brain can see that.
4th round choice for a rental to play part-time is stupid; again to people with a brain.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Nah..

Lots of 4th rounders never contribute.

He's shown he can play at a high level.

If he can do it for you for a few years then it's warranted. If he can get you 1 title somehow then it's worth it if he plays a season.
Jay Ajani was only a 5th rounder coming out. The Eagles paid a round more than the guy was worth out of the draft to put him in a rotation with a guy they just signed for 1 year.
Dolphins got the player for a couple seasons for a 5th than a 4th rounder in trade. Crazy good deal for them.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
For a 4th rounder, when the Eagles have multiple, if he can bring something akin to what he brought last year, then yea, it was a great trade for them. If this truly was a nonsignifcant trade, then there wouldn't be topics trying to put cowboys fans at ease.
The NFL has already set the value of a 4th rounder to be 8m per year via compensatory selection.
You don't trade that for a guy averaging 3.4 yards per carry(4.3 per his career) that will be lucky to ever make 4 mil a year.

CWR

Reaction score
Alfred Morris is better than Jay Ajayi. The dude is a JAG.

Havent his yards after contact been fantastic? He was really good last year. I dont doubt his knee is a problem but if they want to make a run it sounds smart to me.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Havent his yards after contact been fantastic? He was really good last year. I dont doubt his knee is a problem but if they want to make a run it sounds smart to me.
For 2017:
LeGarrette Blount has averaged 4.9 yards AFTER CONTACT per carry in 2017. Only 8 running backs currently average 4.9 yards PER CARRY
Ajani 2.8 yards per carry after contact.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They are building to win for a decade, not a year.
People with a brain can see that.
4th round choice for a rental to play part-time is stupid; again to people with a brain.
DNpwKNAW4AAasCs.jpg:large

Plankton

Reaction score
In 2016:

Jay Ajayi vs. Buffalo (2) and Pittsburgh - 85 carries for 624 yards - 7.3 ypc
Jay Ajayi vs. everyone else - 175 carries for 648 yards - 3.7 ypc

In 2017:
Jay Ajayi - 138 carries for 465 yards - 3.4 ypc

Interpret as you will.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
People also talked about Ron Leary's knee ever since Dallas signed him. You just never know.

But I wouldn't expect anyone in Miami to be saying that they "gave him away".

The fact is that the Eagles have been fleecing the Dolphins for the past few seasons now.

From Byron Maxwell, to Kiko Alonzo and helping the Eagles to draft Wentz, and now this.

It's like some weird sort of inside job.
Ajayi has been missing practices because of his knee. Not at all like Leary who it was turly...solely a long term concern.

CWR

Reaction score

Well I suppose I have no brain and function on some type of irrational emotions from the heart lol. I am aware this is likely not a wise long term decision but I personally like the aggressive move in a year where the team is a front runner. I think Blount has been really good, but afrer him Smallwood and Clements havent done anything.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Both the Marlins and Dolphins do this all the time. Except the Heat. They have Pat Riley.

CWR

Reaction score
Ajayi has been missing practices because of his knee. Not at all like Leary who it was turly...solely a long term concern.

Hes also apearently has had trouble running the correct assignments. I think hes got talent, but honestly hope he ends up being trash in Philly.