Video: Akoye is a big fan of Tony Pollard

Rayman70

Reaction score
sounds good, but lets slow our roll. ITS JUST USELESS BANTER IN MAY. lol... We know squat right now because we have no idea how these college dudes will translate to the NFL. Camp and preseason can't come soon enough as far as Im concerned.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I enjoy&appreciate that Akoye media's efforted endeavors & fellow fandom, as he pointedly points out in his game film breakdowns, the good,bad & ugly, in such a fashion ,that I've never once regretted "hitting the click" on his posted up YouTube stuff:starspin:

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Even if he is as good or better then Alvin Kamara don’t expect this coaching staff to figure out how to use a player like this in our system.
Hey, maybe the "wonderboy" Moore can figure it out. I hope all the hype about our new OC turns out to be true.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Somewhere I saw Stephen talking about Pollard getting 10-20 touches a game. That's huge.
Said the same thing about Tavon....

Dallas has shown absolutely 0 abillity to integrate players like this in the offense. Lance Dunbar was the best example, but I'll believe that Pollard actually can be a difference-maker when I see it.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Pollard is a rookie. He needs the snaps.

Weber, Chunn, and Jackson are battling it out for the PS. We're not using a roster spot on a backup to Zeke beyond Pollard and Olawale.
Of course Pollard will get snap, hopefully just not too many.

To be in a situation where Olawale is a primary is not ideal, I'd like to see another RB there. I know what Stephen, but he says a lot of stuff. Maybe given the opportunity Chunn, Weber or Jax makes it too hard to cut them.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Take these videos with a grain of salt and they're somewhat entertaining.

blueblood70

Reaction score
GD!!!!!!!!! can we play some games put some pads on theres been many Combine super heros with numbers that look good on paper that crumble under he lights here in the real deal league/..

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Shirts and shorts, but that cut left Decoud clueless.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Said the same thing about Tavon....

Dallas has shown absolutely 0 abillity to integrate players like this in the offense. Lance Dunbar was the best example, but I'll believe that Pollard actually can be a difference-maker when I see it.

We did get rid of our OC. Dare to dream that things can change.

They did in fact bring back Olawale and Austin after not using them last year. Assuming they make the roster, I expect them to use them just to justify keeping them.

How would they explain bringing back Olawale for an outsized contract after not using him, and then not using him again?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Of course Pollard will get snap, hopefully just not too many.

To be in a situation where Olawale is a primary is not ideal, I'd like to see another RB there. I know what Stephen, but he says a lot of stuff. Maybe given the opportunity Chunn, Weber or Jax makes it too hard to cut them.

I don't think any of the other run threats should be considered primary. They're all about providing a run threat secondary to Zeke.

I'm open to one of the backs being wonderful. But that's not how the smart money will bet. They're borderline roster at this point.

Olawale is probably decent as a 3rd down back. Can block, get tough yards, and is a good threat as a big man catching the ball.

People always think of the 3rd down back as Dunbar. But teams figured out just to send a rushman right at him to force him to stay in as a teeny, tiny blocker. Olawale aint so teeny tiny. He'll actually block you.

Pollard could be ok as a 1st and 2nd down back. Less grinding, but more opportunity for a big play. The oline should be a monster this year.

Between them, playing their proper roles, I think they're a significantly better option for a full game of snaps than our PS squad backs.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I don't think any of the other run threats should be considered primary. They're all about providing a run threat secondary to Zeke.

I'm open to one of the backs being wonderful. But that's not how the smart money will bet. They're borderline roster at this point.

Olawale is probably decent as a 3rd down back. Can block, get tough yards, and is a good threat as a big man catching the ball.

People always think of the 3rd down back as Dunbar. But teams figured out just to send a rushman right at him to force him to stay in as a teeny, tiny blocker. Olawale aint so teeny tiny. He'll actually block you.

Pollard could be ok as a 1st and 2nd down back. Less grinding, but more opportunity for a big play. The oline should be a monster this year.

Between them, playing their proper roles, I think they're a significantly better option for a full game of snaps than our PS squad backs.
Ok we just see it differently.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I like Pollard too.

Dude's not Dunbar, he's 6'0 210 pounds. He's got speed, it shows up on the field. Didn't run between the tackles too much, but he's shifty in space and he averaged over 7 ypc, caught over 100 balls and something like a 12-13 yards per reception over last two years.

We needed someone behind Zeke who can do something. Pollard is a pretty prototypical cut and go zone RB, but he's fast enough to hit the hole if we man block some downs. He's also run so many routes and seen so much coverage in college, he knows how to break off routes and sit in zone coverage and things that just come from years of actually doing it. Things that come 2nd nature to him and can help a lot, especially on 3rd downs.

I saw this dude jumping over LBs and DBs when they were chasing him in coverage with their back to the QB, to come down with balls. LBs have a hard time keeping up with him and covering his routes, DBs actually have to pay attention to him and he can outphysical smaller guys. DBs will also have to try and tackle him because he's got good size, meaning weak tackles could mean YAC. LBs have to keep up with his speed and deal with his feet, he's a plus matchup if he's in space against most LBs that aren't ballers.

Up to Moore to implement him, but he can be a pretty nice piece if he does.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why is it always guys telling us to "slow your roll" and that stupid Parcells quote you guys keep throwing out there? Let guys get excited. Its June.....what else do we have to do right now?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I'm on record for not liking the pick at all and that won't change with hindsight.

I am excited about his return ability
I am excited about finally having a RB that can run routes
I am not excited about the majority of his only 58 rush attempts between the tackles being so ineffective.

Get him in space and let him work. Expecting a feature back? You're going to be disappointed.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Get him in space and let him work. Expecting a feature back? You're going to be disappointed.

Hard to look bad behind our oline. McFadden was 4th in the league in 2015, and that was never getting more than 10 attempts in the first five games.