Akwasi Is A Cowboy

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
BlueStar22;3370686 said:

I believe he very well may be the steal of the draft....well actually you could say the same about all of our picks so far, Lol. But AOA is a second-round talent easily and we got him in the 4th. He will make plays for us.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Ran a 4.32 at the Combine...official.

Junior year: 8 interceptions

Senior year: 5 TD's on special teams...3 punt returns and 2 ko returns

Questions: against inferior talent in a small conference; and he just had shoulder surgery late in the season after an injury.

My thoughts: perfect CB talent who is destined to be our FS at some point.

6.25' 205 lbs

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit I know nothing about this guy, other than he's scored numerous TDs on returns. Why is everyone so happy about this guy? Isn't he considered a bit of a project? Is he projected as a FS? A corner? A combination type?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'm not sure why anyone thinks this guy is a developmental guy. He's from a small school and he ran the 4.32 at the combine after his shoulder surgery, so if he's healthy, he'll get a chance to earn playing time.

He's actually a very experienced player, though at a lower level.

tchoice23

Reaction score
Star4Ever;3370743 said:
I'll be the first to admit I know nothing about this guy, other than he's scored numerous TDs on returns. Why is everyone so happy about this guy? Isn't he considered a bit of a project? Is he projected as a FS? A corner? A combination type?

There is a reason star. He makes plays on the ball. He is built like a Saftey but runs less than 4.4. He is very instinctive albeit he played in Div 2. Thats the reason why he dropped so far. He has enormous potential. He is a good kid in terms of intelligence and character.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
wayne motley;3370747 said:

which is why he's a project, guys don't go from D-2 to nfl starter. Is he a long term project, no, but atleast a year.

sinner

Reaction score
Parcells4Life;3370690 said:
I don't know anything about this guy, but being a small school guy, how has he created such a name for himself with the average fan?

Not saying he isn't going to be a good player, but why is everyone so giddy over him? Is it primarily because of his ST skills? That's what last year's draft was about.

Is it because of his FS skills? He's got to make a position change so how can he already be better than Hamlin/Ball.

Is it because of his CB skills? Is he already better than Scandrick?

The clip I just watched, he looked a little slow to me, but so is Crayton. We'll see. I hope it works out for us.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
wayne motley;3370747 said:
I'm not sure why anyone thinks this guy is a developmental guy. He's from a small school and he ran the 4.32 at the combine after his shoulder surgery, so if he's healthy, he'll get a chance to earn playing time.

I agree. I think he will make an instant impact as the starting KR and may also see time as the 4th CB in Dime defenses. I think he will make a fantastic FS in the future, but I think Hamlin/Ball and Sensy are the starters for now. But make no mistake about it, AOA will not be riding the pine this year.

Aven8

Reaction score
But.....but what does this mean for Allen Rossum????????? :lmao2:

cml750

Reaction score
Wow. I just watched the Youtube video interview. He seems to be a very humble guy. I did not know about this guy, but I see a lot of potential there. Going from Div II to the NFL is a huge step but there is no doubt that he has all the physical tools to excel at FS. He is fast and strong.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3370765 said:
which is why he's a project, guys don't go from D-2 to nfl starter. Is he a long term project, no, but atleast a year.

Don't forget S-KR Danieal Manning and WR-KR Johnny Knox of CHI