Akwasi Is A Cowboy

Reaction score
hornitosmonster;3370873 said:
when did this become slow?

what are you saying ...

He said he looked slow, I said he ran a 4.3 twice, therefore he is not slow.

when did I say that was slow?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
sinner;3370771 said:
The clip I just watched, he looked a little slow to me, but so is Crayton. We'll see. I hope it works out for us.

If it's the same clip I saw, it appears more he's waiting for his blocks. Even so, he's outstriding his blockers. You can tell he could open it up faster if he wanted to.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
He got 225 up 21 times at the combine, this man is a beast.

newlander

Reaction score
"He got 225 up 21 times at the combine, this man is a beast".........

no doubt but you always wonder about the small college guys. Let's face it, if he played at Cal and didn't hurt his shoulder....probably a first rounder. But that wasn't the case....calculated gamble here but wonderful value for sure.

J-DOG

Reaction score
Parcells4Life;3370690 said:
I don't know anything about this guy, but being a small school guy, how has he created such a name for himself with the average fan?

Not saying he isn't going to be a good player, but why is everyone so giddy over him? Is it primarily because of his ST skills? That's what last year's draft was about.

Is it because of his FS skills? He's got to make a position change so how can he already be better than Hamlin/Ball.

Is it because of his CB skills? Is he already better than Scandrick?
It's all of that and his forty time-he will be a safety.
A guy with that size who runs sub 4.4 in the forty....that is Darren Woodson type of athletic ability...not saying he is Darren Woodson but I am saying that this kid has similar athletic ability. Now having said all of that...I think fans have a legit reason to be stoked about this pick.

J-DOG

Reaction score
This is Our Year;3370937 said:
Who need Oshiomogho Atogwe, we just got our future FS with AOA!!
:laugh2:

I love these names...it's very unique and I can't wait to see his name on the back of a cowboys jersey.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Love his potential but I really hope he is not Pete Hunter part deux.

Fast GUY.

BIG for a CB.

Small school.

Those parallels kind of spook me.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
AOA will take over kick and punt duties whenever Dez is a full time starter.

This is an great pick .... I also think he is gonna be a great FS.

I am excited about this draft.

Bizwah

Reaction score
burmafrd;3370977 said:
Love his potential but I really hope he is not Pete Hunter part deux.

Fast GUY.

BIG for a CB.

Small school.

Those parallels kind of spook me.

I hope we choose a position for him and stick with it.

I think that's part of the problem with guys like Hunter, Carpenter, McQuistan, etc....we seem to take guys and move them around. We don't really allow them to concentrate on one position.

Gurode struggled early when we couldn't decide if he was a C or G.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Never seen the guy play but I like his size and speed and looks like NFL,com gives him a pretty high grade for this late in the draft. I do think the likelihood that he starts right away is a bit of wishful thinking coming from DivII college football. Even Jerry stated he may not be able to start right away

starchamber

Reaction score
Randy White;3370965 said:
[youtube]FWyHc-KGp6c[/youtube]

Very impresssive highlight clip. Even though this guy came from a small program, it is clear that he has D1 talent. He has great speed, and and has a good nose for the ball.:eek:

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3370765 said:
which is why he's a project, guys don't go from D-2 to nfl starter. Is he a long term project, no, but atleast a year.

That's how the Bears get guys like Danieal Manning and Johnny Knox. You don't have to wait too long when they're this athletic.

He's like Orlando Scandrick +30lbs. (Ok, OScan was not from D2, but he was from a smaller conference and he came out early) when it comes to athleticism/experience ratio. Potential to equal OScan on the field = very very good day 3 pick. Potential to exceed OScan = (possible) steal of draft.

But I thought I had read somewhere that the Cowboys don't scout D2 anymore? If so, that is odd, because we seem to have as many of them as any team.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
This is the guy I wanted if Nate Allen was gone.

The Cowboys will convert him to FS, imo.

Plus, he's CB depth.

That guy was a man playing among boys.

He'll need a redshirt to be converted.

Mike Hamlin

The Cowboys need you now.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I think that first video is running at a slower speed because it did make him look slow. The same clip was in the second video and he looked faster in it. If this guy doesn't make it in the NFL, it has nothing to do with lack of speed. He looks like he could be a great return guy.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Did we ever find out who the pick would have been had someone stole AOA after the trade down?

Please dont tell me Conner

mperfection

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3370765 said:
which is why he's a project, guys don't go from D-2 to nfl starter. Is he a long term project, no, but atleast a year.

Oh really? What was Everson Walls in '81 then? An aberration??
Or Jerry Rice in '85?