Al Harris new title: Asst Head Coach

khiladi

Reaction score
coaches can’t interview if they are on contract for a lateral move. Not sure how this helps him, unless it gives him a pay raise.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe a sign to come for the next head coach.
It means as much as when Rob Davis had the title.

If the Cowboys needed someone to fill in for McCarthy this year it wouldn't be their DB coach it'd be Mike Zimmer.

Assistant head coach in name only. Means nothing.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Easily smartest move of the off-season thus far.

DBs LOVE this guy. He's ingested so much life and confidence into our guys.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

If the Cowboys needed someone to fill in for McCarthy this year it wouldn't be their DB coach it'd be Mike Zimmer.

We'll see. You never know who will become the apple of grandpa Jerry's eye..

Reaction score
HC - McCarthy
Asst - HC Harris
DC - Zimmer
DB Coach - Harris

seems about right in this mess Jerry created. Likely done for no other reason than to keep him here when he wants to interview for a DB job elsewhere
So the Asst HC can tell the DC to get off of the DB coach's back?

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score

True dat!

What is an assistant head coach?

Often, he’s a smart guy some other team would like to steal. In today’s market, a raise and the “assistant head coach title” can be the magic formula for keeping good help.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
He was the assistant coach I did not want to lose. Al was a great player and a winner, his guys seem to really buy into what he’s selling. He might not be an X & O’s coach right now, but he’s really good at teaching technique and fundamentals, but I’m guessing this move is going to help with that aspect of his coaching. Good move.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was the assistant coach I did not want to lose. Al was a great player and a winner, his guys seem to really buy into what he’s selling. He might not be an X & O’s coach right now, but he’s really good at teaching technique and fundamentals, but I’m guessing this move is going to help with that aspect of his coaching. Good move.
If he has another good year he will be very deserving of a coordinator gig.