Al Harris new title: Asst Head Coach

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Yep. I think the 30-year-old wiz kid craze is gone and now the momentum is shifting towards ex-players who can relate to today's players. All you have to do is watch Diggs and Company on sidelines when Coach Harris talks to them. I think they respect what comes out of his mouth more than their DC or HC.
100% my friend that’s what we need from the top down unfortunately we know Jerry and Co would never

jwitten82

Reaction score
Nah. No coach who has never even been a coordinator deserves to be an assistant head coach.

If Mike McCarthy can't be there you damn sure don't want Al Harris head coaching this team. It's a nonsense promotion. Zimmer would be the real guy.
Lol screw that, we already know Zimmer won't do much. Get some fresh blood in there.I'm not saying he's the answer, but I'd rather have then Zimmer if given the choice

rambo2

Reaction score
That is very possible, Al Harris was a great player and he's a heck of a DB coach.I'm glad he's still on board.
If they do lose Harris next year, the Cowboys would get 3rd round compensatory picks for him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There's no question whether or not Al Harris was a deserving part of the Cowboys success last year.

With that being said, I'm glad to see he's back with the team to help guide them in the right direction.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Can't argue with the number of INT's his DB's have achieved.

I remember a few years ago Cowboys couldn't buy an INT much less a pick 6.

reddyuta

Reaction score
this tells me he might be the next HC if things go south this season which is almost likely.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I like it. Time to infuse new blood into coaching. Maybe he gets a shot at HC somewhere if the D steps up big this year.

visionary

Reaction score
Anyone else get the feeling that Mccarthy is on a short leash if the team starts off slow?
If Dak is truly out (which im not sure I believe) then Mccarthy future depends on the play of Trey Lance

If Lance plays well MM stays, if he stinks it up MM gone and Zimmer in