Al Harris new title: Asst Head Coach

DandyDon52

Reaction score
With the departure of Quinn and Harris given a promotion who was responsible for the soft coverages designed for the Packers game?

I get that we were trying to support what was a porous run defence, but to play so soft made me think we were running out rookie corners we didn't trust to cover or tackle.

Was this Harris' recommendations?
Dan,Al, both ? Or did jerry get the call to throw that game??????? :omg:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Mike Vrabel
DeMeco Ryans
Antonio Pierce
Jerod Mayo

The league is trending towards former players and now defensive leaders. Good for the Cowboys to not let him go. He is a difference maker for our DBs
Yeah I was gonna say he fits the mold of these coaches like Deion who are player friendly but respected. Probably learn on the fly and next stop is a DC somewhere or possibly HC.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Perfect scenario when he makes Zimmer the HC and cites a chat with Harris as an interview for the opening to satisfy the interview reqs. Jerry will always Jerry.

Zimmer will need a smaller chair and desk when he takes over. Coach Mac can lie about watching film when he interviews for Philly next January.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Mike Vrabel
DeMeco Ryans
Antonio Pierce
Jerod Mayo

The league is trending towards former players and now defensive leaders. Good for the Cowboys to not let him go. He is a difference maker for our DBs
Yep. I think the 30-year-old wiz kid craze is gone and now the momentum is shifting towards ex-players who can relate to today's players. All you have to do is watch Diggs and Company on sidelines when Coach Harris talks to them. I think they respect what comes out of his mouth more than their DC or HC.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This is a solid move. The players relate with him and they allow him to coach them up. For continuity, this was smart.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I don't mean this in a smart*** way but what do you think? I don't know a team where the DB coach makes the decisions on how the defense is going to scheme and cover.
I don't take offence, but my question is about tendency and scheming.

Someone made the decision, and others may have offered advice. Is this the tendency of Harris, and how will he advise or work with Zimmer?

Nothing more and nothing less.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes really
Nah. No coach who has never even been a coordinator deserves to be an assistant head coach.

If Mike McCarthy can't be there you damn sure don't want Al Harris head coaching this team. It's a nonsense promotion. Zimmer would be the real guy.