Audio: Al Harris says wherever Quinn goes, he likely goes

Rowdy1

Reaction score
Sometime progress stings a bit to get to something much better. DQ needs a HC gig somewhere and we need to find a DC that can stop the run as well as get turnovers. Give us a defense that can stop both and we look much much improved.

CWR

Reaction score
This. One of the most epic collapses ever.
Yeah this one really killed what little naive hope I had left. I just can't see it happening with this group. I remember when I had the same feeling during the Romo days.

Ken

Reaction score
you cant force them if their heart isnt in it. Hes loyal to DQ and not the Cowboys, we dont offer him anything but a check.
Ya I get it....i just laugh at the people who are just dismissing him like it is no loss.

CWR

Reaction score
Wait just a minute. Since when did coaches start getting to hire their own guys? Did anyone tell Jerry this? Or is it fake news?
Mike has hired his own guys a few times, with terrible results. I agree with the premise, but it doesn't work when your HC is a moron.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
What if he’s good at his job? Do you want to get rid of people that don’t care how you feel?

he told you his plans. i dont care either way, there is no stat that is going to show where he made things better or worse.

the end result was the same.

im ok with him moving on or any coach. no coach is going to be loyal to an organziation that says "SB is not our goal, we just want money"

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
IF he's still under contract......he can leave w/o Jerry's permission for a head coaching job, that's it. He CAN NOT leave for another assistant NFL job unless
* contract is expired
* Jerry lets him out of his contract
* Jerry fires him
Someone understands this. Finally.

No, he CANNOT just leave for a "promotion" to DC.

In the NFL, there are two types of coaches: Head Coaches and "assistants"
In this respect, there is no difference between an Assistant Special Teams Quality Control Coach and a Defensive Coordinator. Neither is a Head Coach, so they are both just "assistants". So unless the team allows an assistant that is under contract to leave, he simply cannot dump his contract unless he has specific language in the contract that allows him to do so (EXTREMELY rare and certainly NOT "typical" as someone here said) or he retires.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Someone understands this. Finally.

No, he CANNOT just leave for a "promotion" to DC.

In the NFL, there are two types of coaches: Head Coaches and "assistants"
In this respect, there is no difference between an Assistant Special Teams Quality Control Coach and a Defensive Coordinator. Neither is a Head Coach, so they are both just "assistants". So unless the team allows an assistant that is under contract to leave, he simply cannot dump his contract unless he has specific language in the contract that allows him to do so (EXTREMELY rare and certainly NOT "typical" as someone here said) or he retires.
:clap:
BTW.....I did not know the rule for interviewing assistant coaches for COORDINATOR positions had changed. Teams can't block their assistant coaches from interviewing for coordinator positions as long as it's a promotion. They can however block their coordinator(s) from interviewing for another coordinator position with another team while under contract.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...aches-to-interview-for-coordinator-positions/

NFL owners approve resolution that allows assistant coaches to interview for coordinator positions​

A big change is coming to the NFL's hiring process​

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm telling you the most undervalued quality about Dan Quinn is people will do anything and play hard as hell for him. Coaches AND FAs will follow him.

lkelly

Reaction score
Thought it was just a promotion. Didn't SanFran get 3 picks for staff leaving they all 3 weren't HC hires were they?
This should help explain things.

Comp picks

San Fran had Saleh, McDaniel and Ryans to head coaching positions. They lost Carthon to Tennessee and Mayhew to Washington as GMs.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Don't forget the OLine. We need a Center and most likely a LT.
I think Tyler is our future LT. We need a OG to take his place or put Bass there but get a replacement. Maybe best available O-Line. McClay really needs to hit on this draft.

shabazz

Reaction score
Sounds like he didn't have
Odd, that 2 guys who oversaw 48-32 are in demand.
Good point. Because Bland was getting those pick sixes, the camera panned to Al Harris over and over, he was given ALL the credit and this is where the legend of Al Harris was born......of course when Harris's same corners played 12 yards off the receivers all the way down the field and to yet another game losing touchdown, those same corners magically became "Quinns corners"

Gambit

Reaction score
Sounds like he didn't have

Good point. Because Bland was getting those pick sixes, the camera panned to Al Harris over and over, he was given ALL the credit and this is where the legend of Al Harris was born......of course when Harris's same corners played 12 yards off the receivers all the way down the field and to yet another game losing touchdown, those same corners magically became "Quinns corners"
Well, Al didn't decide what scheme was run. And as I read yesterday Al is Whitt's assistant Whitt Jr was passing defense coordinator

Gambit

Reaction score
I think Tyler is our future LT. We need a OG to take his place or put Bass there but get a replacement. Maybe best available O-Line. McClay really needs to hit on this draft.
OC is probably the pick at 1. We only have 3 premium picks after that there is nearly 100 picks before we pick again and the talent level drops big time. We likely can't double dip in 1st 3 rounds at any position this year.