Audio: Al Harris says wherever Quinn goes, he likely goes

BigWillie

Reaction score
If Harris left to follow Quinn, I could not blame him. He knows McCarthy is on a short leash here, while following Quinn would provide more immediate job security.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Al Harris said this earlier in the season in an interview...if he is just DQ 2.0 why would we care if he stays?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think Tyler is our future LT. We need a OG to take his place or put Bass there but get a replacement. Maybe best available O-Line. McClay really needs to hit on this draft.
I believe we draft a LT who has versatility to move inside to give us flexibility and we need a C if we really want to fix the run game. I would try to keep Tyron as a swing T.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't want anyone on my team who would rather be somewhere else. I like Al Harris, but if he prefers to be in Seattle, then I wouldn't hold him back. I feel the same way about the players - all of them. If someone isn't fully committed to the team then I would trade them. Let them pine for their favorite team somewhere else.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't want anyone on my team who would rather be somewhere else. I like Al Harris, but if he prefers to be in Seattle, then I wouldn't hold him back. I feel the same way about the players - all of them. If someone isn't fully committed to the team then I would trade them. Let them pine for their favorite team somewhere else.
I would only trade them if there was value. I am not giving up a player, just to give up a player.

Creeper

Reaction score
I would only trade them if there was value. I am not giving up a player, just to give up a player.
I agree with this, of course, but keep in mind unhappy players can be a cancer in the locker room.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I agree with this, of course, but keep in mind unhappy players can be a cancer in the locker room.
I agree. You become unhappy when you don't reach your goals. If you have unrealistic goals you are going to be miserable. Not sure why Jeruh or anyone thought we were a SB team last year. Until we can beat the Niners, we should not even be talking about a SB.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
:clap:
BTW.....I did not know the rule for interviewing assistant coaches for COORDINATOR positions had changed. Teams can't block their assistant coaches from interviewing for coordinator positions as long as it's a promotion. They can however block their coordinator(s) from interviewing for another coordinator position with another team while under contract.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...aches-to-interview-for-coordinator-positions/

NFL owners approve resolution that allows assistant coaches to interview for coordinator positions​

A big change is coming to the NFL's hiring process​

I stand corrected. Thank you, sir. I did not know about this change.

The new rule that I want to see is that no coaches can be interviewed or hired until 2 weeks AFTER the Super Bowl. Full hiring freeze from Week 18 until after the party is over. There is no doubt in my mind that Quinn lost his focus on Green Bay while planning his interview strategy. And it is not just Quinn and this year that bothers me. It happens every year for a number of teams.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

The same assistant secondary coach who oversaw our putrid secondary in the 48-32 humiliation??
Yes, Al, go coach the Songbirds in Alaska and we'll get an adult to be assistant secondary coach here.
And thanks for the loyalty to our floundering team.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Someone understands this. Finally.

No, he CANNOT just leave for a "promotion" to DC.

In the NFL, there are two types of coaches: Head Coaches and "assistants"
In this respect, there is no difference between an Assistant Special Teams Quality Control Coach and a Defensive Coordinator. Neither is a Head Coach, so they are both just "assistants". So unless the team allows an assistant that is under contract to leave, he simply cannot dump his contract unless he has specific language in the contract that allows him to do so (EXTREMELY rare and certainly NOT "typical" as someone here said) or he retires.
And, of course, the new DC will want to keep a coach who openly prefers to be working for another team. That happens a lot.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I believe we draft a LT who has versatility to move inside to give us flexibility and we need a C if we really want to fix the run game. I would try to keep Tyron as a swing T.
Oh yeah for sure if Tyron is a cheap price then I keep him. He played well this year and stayed healthy longer than I thought. We will need a center if we aren’t signing Biadazz. He will want a bunch. We need to draft some O-Line and DT for sure..

glimmerman

Reaction score
OC is probably the pick at 1. We only have 3 premium picks after that there is nearly 100 picks before we pick again and the talent level drops big time. We likely can't double dip in 1st 3 rounds at any position this year.
Yeah if Biadazz is gone then we need a big nasty one.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Oh yeah for sure if Tyron is a cheap price then I keep him. He played well this year and stayed healthy longer than I thought. We will need a center if we aren’t signing Biadazz. He will want a bunch. We need to draft some O-Line and DT for sure..
I don't think we are good at assessing DT's, so I would get one in free agency.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
This goes under the Nuke Laloosh media training workshop.

Dumbest thing he has ever said.

You can think things, but keep your trap shut.