Alabama's Kirkpatrick cited for possession.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4383725 said:
Smoking pot shouldn't even be a crime.

Hear! Hear! However, I agree with others in that since it *is* a crime it shows not only terrible judgment but the ability to get oneself, thereby one's team, in trouble.

I'd probably pull the poor knucklehead off my draft board.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
casmith07;4383764 said:
I'd go back to school if he hasn't already declared.

didn't he declare for the draft already????? How can he drop out now?

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Decastro just went up the draft board.

More of a reason to trade back and pick up an extra 2nd.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4383725 said:
Not every single one.. but as Sam Hurd recently proved, even alot of NFL players, grown men, not even college kids anymore.. still do it.

Just as many other Americans do it. Smoking pot shouldn't even be a crime.

OMG, do I agree with you on something?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
At least it happened BEFORE the Cowboys drafted him.

Too bad it didn't happen AFTER the Commanders drafted him.:)

I'm guessing that those 20g cost him about 10-15 slot drop in the draft and about $1M in less pay.

Gaede

Reaction score
Read that it was less than 20 grams....It's stupid that someone can even be arrested for that.

I still draft the guy at 14. One joint does not a person make.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Gaede;4383826 said:
Read that it was less than 20 grams....It's stupid that someone can even be arrested for that.

I still draft the guy at 14. One joint does not a person make.

I wouldn't touch him.

How much money does he stand to lose by falling half a round?

How much does he stand to gain by improving his stock 5-6 picks?

Any person who is willing to risk that much over something like weed is too stupid, IMO.

Thank God, too. I hope he goes back so it eliminates any sort of chance Dallas takes a CB in the 1st round.

OL is where it should be.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The Natural;4383815 said:
What would going back to school to? Let that man light up

Give him a season to perform at a high level and "wash" his image a bit.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I really don't see him dropping that far. He was being mocked between 8-14 in most mocks I have seen. The Bucs are desperate for CB help and they will be in position for him. Even if they pass on him, he will still go top 25.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4383657 said:
Too stupid to stay out of trouble leading up to the draft = too stupid to draft.

this X 1000.
we need to draft smart defensive players ,just look at the idiots in our secondary.

RS12

Reaction score
I just dropped in the draft, why? "Because I got high, because I got high, because I got high".:laugh2: Moron.

RS12

Reaction score
Now somebody that would have dropped wont.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
very ignorant on his part. I don't care how much he had on him. shouldn't have had it in the first place. I've been arrested and had a 20 bag and they still arrested me. DId i say how can they do that it's not alot ?? no i went i'm stupid and shouldn't have had it on me in the first place. feel bad for the kid but we will see what happens

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
This shows how corrupt and unethical our country is.

Cigarettes, a well-known carcinogen, is legal after a certain age.

Marijuana, an herb which our founding fathers grew on their very own farms, is considered dangerous and illegal, even though there are no studies that 100% prove the actual herb is a danger to our health. It's actually been shown to be anti-inflammatory.

Oh, and there's the topic of alcohol, which is legal after the age of 21, and it's known to cause serious health issues as well.

This country is messed up.

Gaede

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4383843 said:
I wouldn't touch him.

How much money does he stand to lose by falling half a round?

How much does he stand to gain by improving his stock 5-6 picks?

Any person who is willing to risk that much over something like weed is too stupid, IMO.

Stupid, definitely. But he's a kid after all. It'd be different if it was a different drug or a different amount. But the kid had like barely any weed. Big deal, he made a mistake.

Just cause he's a football player doesn't mean he can't have fun too. Or is Goddell going to preemptively suspend him for this infraction? Football players don't have to be geniuses or choir boys to be good football players.

JackWagon

Reaction score
This has Jerry Jones written all over it fellas ... a flashy but troubled Corner falls directly in JJ's lap at #14 .... He is so gonna pick this ******.

Visions of hall of famer bound Warren Sapp are dancing in Jerrys head.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheSport78;4383877 said:
This shows how corrupt and unethical our country is.

Cigarettes, a well-known carcinogen, is legal after a certain age.

Marijuana, an herb which our founding fathers grew on their very own farms, is considered dangerous and illegal, even though there are no studies that 100% prove the actual herb is a danger to our health. It's actually been shown to be anti-inflammatory.

Oh, and there's the topic of alcohol, which is legal after the age of 21, and it's known to cause serious health issues as well.

This country is messed up.

They grew it for rope. For the most part I agree with what you are getting at but it is what it is and until it changes guys need to be smart about it. It is no big deal then why risk million over something that is not a big deal.

For some evidently it is a big deal they are willing to lose big money over it? I would say that person has a problem

burmafrd

Reaction score
you guys whining about this; who cares?

It IS illegal now.

It is a violation of the new CBA.

Live with it dummies.

And pass on anyone stupid enough to do it.