Alabama's Kirkpatrick cited for possession.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Gaede;4383879 said:
Stupid, definitely. But he's a kid after all. It'd be different if it was a different drug or a different amount. But the kid had like barely any weed. Big deal, he made a mistake.

Just cause he's a football player doesn't mean he can't have fun too. Or is Goddell going to preemptively suspend him for this infraction? Football players don't have to be geniuses or choir boys to be good football players.

Don't put this on Goodell, The owners are the ones who make the rules Not Goodell he enforces the rules set down by the Owners not the other way around. Goodell did not hire the owners the owners hired him.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4383889 said:
They grew it for rope. For the most part I agree with what you are getting at but it is what it is and until it changes guys need to be smart about it. It is no big deal then why risk million over something that is not a big deal.

For some evidently it is a big deal they are willing to lose big money over it? I would say that person has a problem

I hear ya. I have a feeling eventually cannabis will be on the same level as caffeine, but cannabis isn't nearly addictive as caffeine or nicotine. Out of nowhere, all of these health benefits are becoming apparent with caffeine, and I hope the same occurs with cannabis.

JBS

Reaction score
Didn't Raji fail a drug test prior to the draft? He still went top 5..people are overreacting on his status

JoeCorrado

Reaction score
casmith07;4383764 said:
I'd go back to school if he hasn't already declared.

Last day to declare was the 15th. He declared in time. Suppose he could always change his mind and go back to school... or can he? How does that work anyway?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
burmafrd;4383751 said:
well it is and it is banned in the NFL. All your whining won't change that.

..and many NFL players still do it.

BTW, who's whining? lol

TheFinisher

Reaction score
lqmac1;4383687 said:
Good, I want J. Jenkins anyway. Would have been the #1 corner if he would have stayed at FLA.

This is pretty funny but I'm not sure if you're being serious or not.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4383931 said:
..and many NFL players still do it.

BTW, who's whining? lol

and when they are caught the player gets suspended and the team has to suffer because of it.

Hailmary

Reaction score
casmith07;4383764 said:
I'd go back to school if he hasn't already declared.

Yea, but he'll most likely face a suspension if he does, question is for how long. If it's for the entire season, then he should just enter the draft and not try to get out of it.

Randy White

Reaction score
one more point to consider, for those who want the Cowboys to draft him in the first round:

More than likely, if his situation is accurate, he'll be coming in with 1 strike. That means the next time it will be suspencion.

That's one of the reasons why the Cowboys have stayed away from players like this in the first round, and some altogether. It's not a matter of their talent or skills, it's a matter of if or when the other shoe is going to drop. It's bad enough that teams have to live with the injury threat ( anytime, anywhere ), but to add a suspencion threat as well it's not worth it. At least not a high pick.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
The Quest for Six;4383706 said:
sounded like Dez Bryant...and then Jerry moves up to select him anyway....dumb and dumber, Jerry and Dez deserve each other

Jerry did not moved up to select Dez.
Cowboys had the #24 pick in that draft and selected Dez with that pick.
Get it straight.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd;4383893 said:
you guys whining about this; who cares?

It IS illegal now.

It is a violation of the new CBA.

Live with it dummies.

And pass on anyone stupid enough to do it.

QFT.
Be an adult and make a choice.
Wanna make money balling,or want to be Afroman.
Can't have both,fool.

sago1

Reaction score
Doubt his use was a first time either. Why else would he be so stupid to use so close to various NFL sanctioned events/April draft.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I hate illicit. Hopefully it leads to him ending up with the star on his helmet with a late pick now.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
MetalHead;4383953 said:
Jerry did not moved up to select Dez.
Cowboys had the #24 pick in that draft and selected Dez with that pick.
Get it straight.

What are you talking about? We had the 27th pick and traded with New England.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
PhillyCowboysFan;4384018 said:
Does this mean he falls to the 14th pick and if he does do we take him?

I would much rather Claiborne. I've also read that Kirkpatrick gets burned by the really good receivers in college. I personally don't watch much college ball, so I wouldn't know. I'm starting to think that I would rather have Decastro at #14 if he falls there. If Decastro and Claiborne are gone, then I would go with Kirkpatrick. I think he would be a great pickup at #14.

We can also look to improve our secondary through FA.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
ufcrules1;4384022 said:
I would much rather Claiborne. I've also read that Kirkpatrick gets burned by the really good receivers in college. I personally don't watch much college ball, so I wouldn't know. I'm starting to think that I would rather have Decastro at #14 if he falls there. If Decastro and Claiborne are gone, then I would go with Kirkpatrick. I think he would be a great pickup at #14.

Wow, Dude. You went from essentially ripping the guy to saying he'd be a great pickup at #14 within the span of 3 sentences. All the while admitting that your views are entirely unencumbered by knowledge. This is one for the ages.