Alamo Bowl: Baylor vs Washington

Reaction score
Aikbach;4343072 said:
I'd say 50/ 50.

I'm not a huge college football guy. I only saw one Baylor game this season the one against UT, but can they realistically compete for a National Championship next season? Obviously their D was atrocious this game, but maybe it was a fluke.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4343118 said:
I'm not a huge college football guy. I only saw one Baylor game this season the one against UT, but can they realistically compete for a National Championship next season? Obviously their D was atrocious this game, but maybe it was a fluke.

Without RGIII no and even with him not with that defense. Being in the Big 12 it would be hard to make it to a BCS Bowl let alone the NC that a pretty non exsistent defense.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4343118 said:
if they learn to pass rush they can have at least an average defense and be quite potent.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Aikbach;4342844 said:
Better to groom three star recruits like RG3, Wright and Ganaway into studs than to underachieve with four and five star recruits that get benched for converted wide receivers at the quarterback position.

Seeming Briles has unearthed Kolb, RG3, Keenum back to back, I think it's safe to say he knows a thing or two about quarterbacks.

No argument here, but you can't regularly bank on overachievers. Teams at the top of the recruiting charts are still the usual suspects when it comes to the national title picture every year.

BTW, Griffin was a four star with offers from several major programs including Nebraska and a late offer from Florida. He was a stud athlete. And Kevin Kolb blows. Keenum may or may not end up being a C-USA product. He has questionable size and arm strength according to scouts.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4343017 said:
Just my view I think RGIII took a big step this season. IN past season I saw him really more as just a running QB who had a good arm. This season I saw a kid who used his legs more often to find targets down the field. He still runs as part of the Baylor offense but he is a more refined passer than in the past 3 season

He reminds me of Pat White here at WVU, only bigger.

The other QB was very good as well.

Both defenses made me sick though, so that's why I had to ask about what I actually watched. As far as I know, both QB's could have just benefited from very poor defense.

hairic

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4343274 said:
He reminds me of Pat White here at WVU, only bigger.

The other QB was very good as well.

Both defenses made me sick though, so that's why I had to ask about what I actually watched. As far as I know, both QB's could have just benefited from very poor defense.

It was Griffin's 3rd "worst" game of the year as a passer in terms of rating.