Aldon Smith could be my new favorite player

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Like Zeke?
No this is much much worse than Zeke. Smith admitted and was convicted of domestic violence.

Here’s a rundown of the breathtaking amount of off-field issues Smith has encountered since entering the NFL:

Clearly, Smith has troubles with alcohol, and is, at most, only 10 months sober.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fake claim. Police showed she lied AND tried to get her friends to lie with her.
GODell had a Jerry vendetta and suspended him anyway.
Zeke was probably guilty in some ways too but he never admitted to it and wasn’t convicted serving some time for it. Along with his extended rap sheet. Smith is by far worse than any Thug Jerry has taken on this era. Amazing he would be anyone’s favorite player.

conner01

Reaction score
I hope he can return and be an impact player
Helps this team and helps turn his life around

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I hope he can return and be an impact player
Helps this team and helps turn his life around
I’d of preferred he do it somewhere else. I don’t feel comfortable rooting for Convicted women beaters on my team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Fake claim. Police showed she lied AND tried to get her friends to lie with her.
GODell had a Jerry vendetta and suspended him anyway.

That is your take on it. Fact is that he got suspended for it which is all that matters.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No this is much much worse than Zeke. Smith admitted and was convicted of domestic violence.

Here’s a rundown of the breathtaking amount of off-field issues Smith has encountered since entering the NFL:

Clearly, Smith has troubles with alcohol, and is, at most, only 10 months sober.

Yep, worse than Zeke. But Zeke got suspended for it.

fivetwos

Reaction score

I gotta say I didnt realize he was dumb enough to get in a car drunk LAST June.

Hey I hope he is on the right track but he is a lot further from out of the woods than I thought.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really rooting for this guy. To read about his turnaround and his motivation is impressive.

Lawrence, Aldon, Gregory rushing the passer all game could be a nightmare.

Two big DT's and the young 3rd rounder in the middle with LVE, Jaylon and Lee behind them? Front 7 could be insane.

WUT

Verdict

Reaction score
I’m fine with fans pulling for Aldon Smith but those who are getting all worked up about the potential of our pass rush with him and Gregory who has yet to be reinstated better tap the brakes.

No. People can get as excited as they want. Lol. Whether it pans out the way they think it will is a different story.

But they can get as excited as they want. They have my permission.

Verdict

Reaction score

Sounds like a great guy. What could go wrong, here? Why you gotta be so negative? Lol.

cern

Reaction score
if he plays comparably to when he was with the 49ers, he'll be a favorite of mine as well.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is your take on it. Fact is that he got suspended for it which is all that matters.

It's not "my take" at all. It's law enforcement take.

Your "take" is believing the girl that lied to investigators on at least one occasion.

Not gonna say Zeke is an angel. I think he's got some sort of behavior condition, bona fide medical issue...that he and "his people" are hiding. But for Godell to go after him for that and for that amount of games.....vendetta against Jerry, whom he was sparring with at that time. Remember this was after our breakout 2016 season. GODell put the kabash on it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke was probably guilty in some ways too but he never admitted to it and wasn’t convicted serving some time for it. Along with his extended rap sheet. Smith is by far worse than any Thug Jerry has taken on this era. Amazing he would be anyone’s favorite player.

Why wouldn't you give him a chance to show he's changed? People should have a chance to pay their debts and get back to life. Forgiveness can be a very powerful weapon.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What do you mean by worked up? Those two have a chance to provide a very good pass rush off the edge. Throw in the consistency of Crawford against the run at RDE and I see a well rounded RDE position with lots of possibilities.

All worked up as in expecting two players that haven’t played football in a long time to hit the ground running. Gregory hasn’t even been reinstated yet so it’s pretty foolish to be counting on him. Smith hasn’t played in almost 5 years and it’s not like this virtual offseason is going to do him any good. There’s no guarantees he even makes the team. For him to have a decent chance he needs to get the pads on and get on the field. The only thing we have right now is possibilities.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why wouldn't you give him a chance to show he's changed? People should have a chance to pay their debts and get back to life. Forgiveness can be a very powerful weapon.
That’s fine. But I’d prefer him not on my team. Have you seen his rap sheet. I don’t want to win that bad that we need convicted women beaters on our team. Sorry..

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Would not expect him to be all world to start. Just some pressure would be nice. I don't understand why people are all up in the air about this player. Dallas took a flyer..if it works fine. if it don't you cant say they are not turning stones.