Aldon Smith could be my new favorite player

Blackspider214

Reaction score
That’s fine. But I’d prefer him not on my team. Have you seen his rap sheet. I don’t want to win that bad that we need convicted women beaters on our team. Sorry..

Did you care about all the stuff the 90s Cowboys did while winning? No. As you shouldn't. You act like sports is some sacred entity. Aldon doesn't know you. He's not going to be coming into your home or around your family. He's a guy you see on the field on tv or in the stands. People say this stuff to seem virtious or noble. I don't care what these players do on their own time. Do you research every employee at every company you buy from for any product or food? No.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Did you care about all the stuff the 90s Cowboys did while winning? No. As you shouldn't. You act like sports is some sacred entity. Aldon doesn't know you. He's not going to be coming into your home or around your family. He's a guy you see on the field on tv or in the stands. People say this stuff to seem virtious or noble. I don't care what these players do on their own time. Do you research every employee at every company you buy from for any product or food? No.
Yes, I did care. I called out Michael “ cocaine” Irvin and others.

These players not only are representatives of our local team they also can represent our community. And are often role models for our children participating in events around the city. It’s difficult explaining to our loved ones how we can support someone of his character .

The NFL is an entertainment entity. Many of us don’t want to support this type of conduct from the personalities on our team. If it doesn’t bother you or influence your loved ones that’s fine but many of us it does. Obviously it also bothers the NFL and why he hasn’t played in the league for 4 years and if not for Jerry might still not be.

conner01

Reaction score
I’d of preferred he do it somewhere else. I don’t feel comfortable rooting for Convicted women beaters on my team.
I get that
But I get second chances
Don’t think he will be my favorite and don’t think he will be here more than one season
If he can help us win and turn his life around it’s good for everyone

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I get that
But I get second chances
Don’t think he will be my favorite and don’t think he will be here more than one season
I understand . I’d still prefer winning without a character like him.

But to make a convicted women beater your favorite player might say something about the fan . IDK...Just saying.

And what prompted me to respond which up until now haven’t commented on his signing. Then again , maybe this thread was just an attempt at trolling by inciting a response from someone like me?

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, I did care. I called out Michael “ cocaine” Irvin and others.

These players not only are representatives of our local team they also can represent our community. And are often role models for our children participating in events around the city. It’s difficult explaining to our loved ones how we can support someone of his character .

The NFL is an entertainment entity. Many of us don’t want to support this type of conduct from the personalities on our team. If it doesn’t bother you or influence your loved ones that’s fine but many of us it does. Obviously it also bothers the NFL and why he hasn’t played in the league for 4 years and if not for Jerry might still not be.

Some of our finest role models and motivational speakers came from.....

prison.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Really rooting for this guy. To read about his turnaround and his motivation is impressive.

Lawrence, Aldon, Gregory rushing the passer all game could be a nightmare.

Two big DT's and the young 3rd rounder in the middle with LVE, Jaylon and Lee behind them? Front 7 could be insane.

So a player who turns his life around is impressive but a person who just does the right thing not so impressive?

reminds me of Chris Rock quote:

"I take care of my kids." You're supposed to, you dumb ******! What kind of ignorant **** is that? "I ain't never been to jail!" What do you want, a cookie?! You're not supposed to go to jail, you low-expectation-having *****!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
All worked up as in expecting two players that haven’t played football in a long time to hit the ground running. Gregory hasn’t even been reinstated yet so it’s pretty foolish to be counting on him. Smith hasn’t played in almost 5 years and it’s not like this virtual offseason is going to do him any good. There’s no guarantees he even makes the team. For him to have a decent chance he needs to get the pads on and get on the field. The only thing we have right now is possibilities.

Nah, thats what you said about Aldon and he was reinstated. I see no reason why Gregory.

Those 3 guys will get the job done.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So a player who turns his life around is impressive but a person who just does the right thing not so impressive?

reminds me of Chris Rock quote:

"I take care of my kids." You're supposed to, you dumb ******! What kind of ignorant **** is that? "I ain't never been to jail!" What do you want, a cookie?! You're not supposed to go to jail, you low-expectation-having *****!

What he has done is very impressive. Much harder then maintaining.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nah, thats what you said about Aldon and he was reinstated. I see no reason why Gregory.

Those 3 guys will get the job done.

I’ve said it about Smith and Gregory in several posts. You’re counting on a player that hasn’t even been reinstated yet. Hard to count on Crawford who missed most of last season with injuries. He’s coming off hip surgery.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’ve said it about Smith and Gregory in several posts. You’re counting on a player that hasn’t even been reinstated yet. Hard to count on Crawford who missed most of last season with injuries.

Im saying that all 3 will more than get the job done. If thats 2 of the 3 or all 3 its a good bet in my opinion. Like Aldon, Gregory will be rienstated.

But by all means, cry about it if you like.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Im saying that all 3 will more than get the job done. If thats 2 of the 3 or all 3 its a good bet in my opinion. Like Aldon, Gregory will be rienstated.

But by all means, cry about it if you like.

What you say never comes to fruition I know your track record. lol The Cowboys haven’t even seen Gregory in over a year. He’s been suspended for more games than he’s played in.

conner01

Reaction score
I understand . I’d still prefer winning without a character like him.

But to make a convicted women beater your favorite player might say something about the fan . IDK...Just saying.

And what prompted me to respond which up until now haven’t commented on his signing. Then again , maybe this thread was just an attempt at trolling by inciting a response from someone like me?
I don’t get the favorite player stuff
He hasn’t even put on the star yet lol
And I think he has some redeeming to do
My favorites of late are going away
Fred, witten
Got to find me some new ones but he won’t be a contender though I hope he can get his life on track and help us win

Bandar5656

Reaction score
I think the signing and him being reinstated is great, I just don't understand the front office sometimes, we just had a similar situation with Quinn. 1 year deal- double digit sacks- big contract with another team. I would have taken advantage of uncertainty and signed him to atleast two years at a very low cost. Aldon will reach double digits in sacks and will require a huge raise, most likely with another team with Dak making more money than Michael Jordan.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What you say never comes to fruition I know your track record. lol The Cowboys haven’t even seen Gregory in over a year. He’s been suspended for more games than he’s played in.

Its already coming to fruition. Aldon got reinstated, Gregory will be next and a combination of those three guys will more than get the job done over at RDE.

On top of that we have the young guys.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No this is much much worse than Zeke. Smith admitted and was convicted of domestic violence.

Here’s a rundown of the breathtaking amount of off-field issues Smith has encountered since entering the NFL:

Clearly, Smith has troubles with alcohol, and is, at most, only 10 months sober.
OK, how in the hell did the Cowboys not end up with this guy before this past off season?

Nice addition to the Rogue's Gallery but he's got a ways to go to top Alonzo Spellman. A large man running down the middle of his street, naked with a gun is my kind of player. Aldon has his work cut out for him.

He's not a very good driver, is he? They should let him pick a new nickname for the DL, DrunkBoyz.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get that
But I get second chances
Second chances? By the look of that rap sheet, he's had a second chance every year since 2013 and shown he doesn't learn.

However, I don't care what he does off the field, that's between him and the law and his girlfriend and whoever else he runs into, his on the field action is all that's required. Same deal as Hardy, except his actions on the field were inexcusable. However, that's the traits of a leader to Booger.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Its already coming to fruition. Aldon got reinstated, Gregory will be next and a combination of those three guys will more than get the job done over at RDE.

On top of that we have the young guys.

One just got reinstated after five years away from the game and has only been sober for 10 months. The other one has yet to be reinstated and the team hasn’t seen him in over a year. The other is coming off hip surgery after missing most of last season. If you want to put all your chips on the combination that those 3 will more than get the job done then good luck. We also have young guys but they’re bound to be set back some by this virtual offseason. Not saying none of these veteran players are going to get it done but I’m not banking on any of them especially two that haven’t played football in a long time.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Perhaps some of yours have. Mine haven’t.

I don't think I said "mine". I said "ours" as in humanity. Your holier than thou attitude is sickening. You have no forgiveness in your heart...and that is very dangerous.

Look...I get that some things you can never be rid of. It stays with you forever. But you....You judge people for their mistakes without recourse of reform. I'm dam glad I am not your family nor friend. Heaven forbid you make a mistake around YOU. Jump ship and turn your back. Oh great one.

https://www.stand-together.org/6-tr...on-prison-influential-professional-education/