SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t get the favorite player stuff
He hasn’t even put on the star yet lol
And I think he has some redeeming to do
My favorites of late are going away
Fred, witten
Got to find me some new ones but he won’t be a contender though I hope he can get his life on track and help us win

That's what they said. Redeem himself and become a favorite player. He "COULD" become favorite player. But YOU changed the word to "is" then argued it and claimed yourself the winner.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Second chances? By the look of that rap sheet, he's had a second chance every year since 2013 and shown he doesn't learn.

However, I don't care what he does off the field, that's between him and the law and his girlfriend and whoever else he runs into, his on the field action is all that's required. Same deal as Hardy, except his actions on the field were inexcusable. However, that's the traits of a leader to Booger.
Yea, nobody cares what he does off the field unless one of your loved ones is a victim.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't think I said "mine". I said "ours" as in humanity. Your holier than thou attitude is sickening. You have no forgiveness in your heart...and that is very dangerous.

Look...I get that some things you can never be rid of. It stays with you forever. But you....You judge people for their mistakes without recourse of reform. I'm dam glad I am not your family nor friend. Heaven forbid you make a mistake around YOU. Jump ship and turn your back. Oh great one.

https://www.stand-together.org/6-tr...on-prison-influential-professional-education/
Did you see his Rap Sheet. How many chances does he get ?

No one in our family would have that many mistakes with the law. If they did I’d throw away the key.

If he wasn’t a star football player he’d be in prison. Next time your daughter or granddaughter could be a victim.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you see his Rap Sheet. How many chances does he get ?

No one in our family would have that many mistakes with the law. If they did I’d throw away the key.

If he wasn’t a star football player he’d be in prison. Next time your daughter or granddaughter could be a victim.
Maybe next time it will be your daughter in prison.

Big_D

Reaction score
We just finished giving RKGs the old college try. How'd that go? This guy is trying to get his life on track. I'm fine with that. Specially if he can be productive. He squandered his opportunity before. We'll see what he does with it now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
One just got reinstated after five years away from the game and has only been sober for 10 months. The other one has yet to be reinstated and the team hasn’t seen him in over a year. The other is coming off hip surgery after missing most of last season. If you want to put all your chips on the combination that those 3 will more than get the job done then good luck. We also have young guys but they’re bound to be set back some by this virtual offseason. Not saying none of these veteran players are going to get it done but I’m not banking on any of them especially two that haven’t played football in a long time.

"Not banking on"? Really dont understand your point here.

So the RDE position is in shambles?

This is what the FO is rolling with. I could see where these 3 guys will be anywhere from "hold down the fort to do a really good job. The run part of it is already better than last year. IF we can get 7-10 sacks out of those guys rushing the passer that is a job well done.

If you dont agree, great. I am really not concerned about it. Or you could just repeat the same thing again one more time.

None of that changes the fact that I am impressed with Aldon and his turnaround and I am rooting for him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
"I could see where these 3 guys will be anywhere from "hold down the fort to do a really good job.

That’s not exactly what you said the first time. Your tune has changed some. All I’m saying is I’m not banking on these players coming in and lighting it up. One has been away from the game for almost 5 years and the other hasn’t played football in well over a year and still hasn’t been reinstated. Crawford missed most of last year and is coming off hip surgery. I’m not saying they’re going to stink I’m just not going to get my hopes up too high with any of them. I’m not going any further with this, we’ve covered it enough.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That’s not exactly what you said the first time. Your tune has changed some. All I’m saying is I’m not banking on these players coming in and lighting it up. One has been away from the game for almost 5 years and the other hasn’t played football in well over a year and still hasn’t been reinstated. Crawford missed most of last year and is coming off hip surgery. I’m not saying they’re going to stink I’m just not going to get my hopes up too high with any of them. I’m not going any further with this.

Nothing has changed, you simply misinterpreted what I was saying.

LOL.......and you really did say it one more time. Maybe one more time before you go to bed you can tell me about them. AS if I dont know about all that already.

Wait..........your not going to go any further? Well that is relief.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Nothing has changed, you simply misinterpreted what I was saying.

LOL.......and you really did say it one more time. Maybe one more time before you go to bed you can tell me about them. AS if I dont know about all that already.

Wait..........your not going to go any further? Well that is relief.

Your tune has changed I changed it! :laugh:

Aldon got reinstated, Gregory will be next and a combination of those three guys will more than get the job done over at RDE.

"I could see where these 3 guys will be anywhere from "hold down the fort to do a really good job.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Yes, I did care. I called out Michael “ cocaine” Irvin and others.

These players not only are representatives of our local team they also can represent our community. And are often role models for our children participating in events around the city. It’s difficult explaining to our loved ones how we can support someone of his character .

The NFL is an entertainment entity. Many of us don’t want to support this type of conduct from the personalities on our team. If it doesn’t bother you or influence your loved ones that’s fine but many of us it does. Obviously it also bothers the NFL and why he hasn’t played in the league for 4 years and if not for Jerry might still not be.
Man you rooted for the Cowboys back when there was suspected Eyes Wide Shut type weirdo stuff going on in the late 60s into the 70s. And Hollywood Henderson never met a crack pipe he didn't like.

I never understood this stance from old timers like you.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Man you rooted for the Cowboys back when there was suspected Eyes Wide Shut type weirdo stuff going on in the late 60s into the 70s. And Hollywood Henderson never met a crack pipe he didn't like.

I never understood this stance from old timers like you.
We didn’t know about it all as it was happening back then . Once we did many of us didn’t condone it . Beginning with Landry who released these players when there wasn’t mandates from the league. So, you need to reread history before you start pointing fingers as we were much more accountable.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’m fine with fans pulling for Aldon Smith but those who are getting all worked up about the potential of our pass rush with him and Gregory who has yet to be reinstated better tap the brakes.

Although I'm a natural brake tapper, I'm not sure why it's necessary for those "getting all worked up about the potential" to tap them. None of us knows how this will play out. If some want to get excited about the potential of it, there's nothing wrong with that.

I always consider worst-case while hoping for the best.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Although I'm a natural brake tapper, I'm not sure why it's necessary for those "getting all worked up about the potential" to tap them. None of us knows how this will play out. If some want to get excited about the potential of it, there's nothing wrong with that.

I always consider worst-case while hoping for the best.

Getting all worked up about the potential of a player who’s over 30 and hasn’t played in almost 5 years could be setting yourself up for a huge disappointment. A lot of the moaning and groaning and infighting you see on this board are usually fans who got their expectations too high about players and the season. If Smith makes the team and becomes part of our rotation that will be a win. I’ve learned to keep my expectations minimal about a lot of things with this team because we’ve been let down far too many times the past 2+ decades.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Getting all worked up about the potential of a player who’s over 30 and hasn’t played in almost 5 years could be setting yourself up for a huge disappointment. A lot of the moaning and groaning and infighting you see on this board are usually fans who got their expectations too high about players and the season. If Smith makes the team and becomes part of our rotation that will be a win. I’ve learned to keep my expectations minimal about a lot of things with this team because we’ve been let down far too many times the past 2+ decades.

Good for you. That doesn't mean other fans have to think the same way as either of us.

I don't understand the need to tell them to tap the brakes. Let them enjoy their dreams if that's what they want to do.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Good for you. That doesn't mean other fans have to think the same way as either of us.

I don't understand the need to tell them to tap the brakes. Let them enjoy their dreams if that's what they want to do.

“Tap the brakes” is a term used all the time on this board by many. It’s used in the media. You’re taking it way too literally. No one is telling anyone what to do.

gimmesix

Reaction score
“Tap the brakes” is a term used all the time on this board by many. It’s used in the media. You’re taking it way too literally. No one is telling anyone what to do.

Here's your original quote:

I’m fine with fans pulling for Aldon Smith but those who are getting all worked up about the potential of our pass rush with him and Gregory who has yet to be reinstated better tap the brakes.

Tap the brakes means you are telling them they need to slow down. If you are not clearly saying, "You people getting all worked up better slow down," then what are you saying? Because them's what the words mean.

As I said, if they want to get worked up, then let them. I'm excited about the possibility, but at the same time realize that it might not work out for either Smith or Gregory. That doesn't mean I'm going to suggest that others who are all in shouldn't be. I'm fine with fans pulling for Smith and also getting all worked up about the potential. Either way is their prerogative.

I just don't understand the need to tell fans how to feel. I'm sure I've done it more than a time or two myself, though, so I'm not trying to be rude about it. Just pointing out that it's unneccessary.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Here's your original quote:

Tap the brakes means you are telling them they need to slow down. If you are not clearly saying, "You people getting all worked up better slow down," then what are you saying? Because them's what the words mean.

You’re making far too big a deal out of this. You need to tap the brakes. If you’re looking for a fight go find someone else.