Aldon Smith - would you trade him?

Zordon

Reaction score
If we lose the next two games, would you trade him to a contender before the November 3rd deadline?

Isn't that what a smart organization would do?

We're not resigning him.

kevm3

Reaction score
If we lose the next two, then sure, lets ensure the tank so we get the best pick possible

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Good GM's know a lost season and try to salvage what they can from it. We don't have one of those in Dallas. We have a "we like our guys" approach to football. This is how you end up with Jaylon Smith being one of your highest paid players on the team. This is how you end up with a RB being one of the highest payed players on the team.

Creeper

Reaction score
If someone made an offer I would trade him, especially with Gregory coming back. But no one is going to make an offer at this point in the season and any offer that is made will be for a late round draft pick.

Zordon

Reaction score
I’d try to....absolutely....but Jerry won’t.

A good GM would try to unload Cooper as well, although I can’t think of a team that would want him at such a high cap number.
I think a team would take Amari considering it has an out after 1 year w/ a 6M cap hit. After 2 years it falls to 4M.

I know Jerry is going to hope and wish and pray till the very end that his team can win the division so it most likely won't happen, but even he said a few days we need to adjust expectations after the Dak injury. I really hope they move Aldon for a mid-round pick.

It would be nice if for once this team showed some damn foresight.

Sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
to a contender? He looks like a well beat drum out there the last 3 weeks. You're not getting anything for that. HOPEFULLY he can help you here once he's got a solid rotating player goin.

Zordon

Reaction score
The guy has done nothing since week one? What are you getting for him? A used jock strap?
The entire league knows how rotten the culture here is in Dallas. I'm sure most GM's around the league will chalk it up to that and view him as a valuable asset once he leaves this poisonous franchise. A contender with a weak dline will want him.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
This is how you end up with a RB being one of the highest payed players on the team.

To this point, notice how the Rams paid Gurley and tried to trade him and then just cut him for the betterment of the team. It was a contract that was never going to age well given his injury history. In Dallas, we don't do that. Yea we cut the odd scrub here and there but overall when was the last time this team actually sent a message to players that they need to actually perform to keep their jobs?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’d try to....absolutely....but Jerry won’t.

A good GM would try to unload Cooper as well, although I can’t think of a team that would want him at such a high cap number.
Ravens and NE could take the bait,,they need a #1 WR , you never know.. we wont get much for him and wit the bonus dead cap money do we do that..

No its not smart to eat that much dead cap space to move player for a low draft pick because that will we would get 4th and lower due to contract..

Rajveer

Reaction score
We could only make moves if we has a legitimate GM making the moves instead of a self centered, self promoting, attention seeking, egoistical, narcissist, billionaire and family.

kskboys

Reaction score
If we lose the next two games, would you trade him to a contender before the November 3rd deadline?

We're not resigning him.
Just once.

I'd like to be the team who trades players for valuable resources before the trading deadline instead of the stupid team who gives up valuable resources to get high priced players.

blueblood70

Reaction score
To this point, notice how the Rams paid Gurley and tried to trade him and then just cut him for the betterment of the team. It was a contract that was never going to age well given his injury history. In Dallas, we don't do that. Yea we cut the odd scrub here and there but overall when was the last time this team actually sent a message to players that they need to actually perform to keep their jobs?

not a point, stupid point Zeke is still performing when used , they went to pass oriented offense and been playing from behind, Gurley got cut because he couldn't stay healthy, same with Fournette, and Johnson..Barkey may miss his payday with injury concerns..

difference is zekes never hurt and performs very well for what he been handed io this season with the Ol and playing an entirely pas happy offense plays from behind every game..dudes been playing over 80% of the offensive snaps being a Blocker, used like FB, and in pass plays, dude never seems to leave the field.. they are over using him IMO because of the situations and not in an efficient run game

poor example..its not the same

tomsanders921

Reaction score

We're not resigning him.
I'd try. But isn't he on a one year deal? Every team knows dallas won't be able to afford him if he continues to play well. They might just take their chances in free agency. If someone trades for him they are still going to have to give him an extension.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Ravens and NE could take the bait,,they need a #1 WR , you never know.. we wont get much for him and wit the bonus dead cap money do we do that..

No its not smart to eat that much dead cap space to move player for a low draft pick because that will we would get 4th and lower due to contract..

I wouldn’t trade him for less than a 2nd to a good team. But Jerry wouldn’t do it for anything....he surely expects a Super Bowl run next season.

My3Sons

Reaction score
Just once.

I'd like to be the team who trades players for valuable resources before the trading deadline instead of the stupid team who gives up valuable resources to get high priced players.
With JJ wearing a gold, NFL issued blazer, he thinks he has this all figured out. Sadly, he has been just south of awful fielding a competitive roster.

Good business man? YES

Good football GM? NO