Aldon Smith - would you trade him?

exciter

Reaction score
If we lose the next two games, would you trade him to a contender before the November 3rd deadline?

Isn't that what a smart organization would do?

We're not resigning him.
Exactly what are you going to get for a guy on a one year contract, who looks like he’s hit the wall last few games and could relapse into a drunken stupor at any moment?

MikeB80

Reaction score
The only sacred cows on this roster to me are Tyron Smith and Zach Martin everyone else would be available if I ran the team.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
….you do realize the haters/blamers are coming? Zeke's a fall guy. KMoore would have dismissed Emmitt.

Zeke is no where in the class of Emmitt Smith. Not even close. If we can find a team dumb enough to take on his contract, its a no-brainer trade.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I don't believe that's true. I think we can get a 4th for him now. Probably a 6th as a comp pick.
Maybe. But if that's the case then I'm not bothering to make that trade.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If we lose the next two games, would you trade him to a contender before the November 3rd deadline?

We're not resigning him.
Yes if you get a pick higher then his comp pick would net. I want to see Gregory and Aldon together though off of the edges.

Zordon

Reaction score
trading Amari would be extremely foolish and shortsighted. his contract is structured excellently, and we get far, far more value by having him this year and next.
You wouldn't trade him for a 2nd? I'd do it for a 3rd. Granted, I'm not a fan of him and his sulky attitude. This team not only has a talent issue, there's an attitude problem here that needs to be cleansed from the organization. I need players with passion. I will forgo a talented player if he doesn't have that fire.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Ah, he's only 31. Good point.

As a player ages, the lack of wear and tear doesn't add to his player life as much as you think.

Now you are giving you opinion when you say lack of wear and tear does not add up. That is what you think. That is fine you can think as you choose but I feel lack of injuries and off season procedures sure as hell do add up and that is something Smith has not dealt with. Now if Dallas has no intent on signing him then sure get something while you can but as far as know there is no one here who is privy to that information so it is nothing more than fan speculation and their own personal feeling.

Proof

Reaction score
You wouldn't trade him for a 2nd? I'd do it for a 3rd. Granted, I'm not a fan of him and his sulky attitude. This team not only has a talent issue, there's an attitude problem here that needs to be cleansed from the organization. I need players with passion. I will forgo a talented player if he doesn't have that fire.

I wouldn't, no. But I'm a big Amari fan, and I appreciate all that he brings to the table. I'm also not bothered by his demeanor, because I feel like he's just a different kinda guy. I don't read into it the way some do.

blueblood70

Reaction score
….you do realize the haters/blamers are coming? Zeke's a fall guy. KMoore would have dismissed Emmitt.

yes i now ive been setting myself as target all year calling out Moore and trying to defend zeke..
add to it an entire OL made up of backups and backups to backups and the facts zekes playing over 80% of the snaps and being used like a fullback for his blocking skills etc..dude hardly leaves the field. His contract made him a target and i get it the Fumbles last week pissed me off to no end, im upset but zeke is not our biggest issue..

Doomsday101

Reaction score

So there is it, you are not a fan. So this thread makes more sense.

kskboys

Reaction score
yes i now ive been setting myself as target all year calling out Moore and trying to defend zeke..
add to it an entire OL made up of backups and backups to backups and the facts zekes playing over 80% of the snaps and being used like a fullback for his blocking skills etc..dude hardly leaves the field. His contract made him a target and i get it the Fumbles last week pissed me off to no end, im upset but zeke is not our biggest issue..
Zeke is one of our few bright spots, if he'd stop frickin' fumbling.

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm trading away contracts. Not the productive players who probably won't cost much to resign. This isn't a 25 year old about to make 20 million a year. I think they can swing a new deal for him and not break the bank. But at this point I'm keeping Aldon Smith. Smart teams unload contracts or guys about to make top dollar.

********And of course everyone is tradeable depending on return. Don't see what we're getting here tough? conditional 4th? maybe? I think that's pushing it.

Swanny

Reaction score

We're not resigning him.
Absolutely!!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We could do w/o the childishness.

Yes we can, saying I don't like him therefore Dallas does not intend of resigning him is childish. He has an attitude problem? how the hell would he know this? Is he at practice? is he in the meeting room? he is around Smith teammates where he has some inside view? I highly doubt it so it comes down to a few seconds they show a fricken sideline shot of a player. That is childish and very narrow minded.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke is one of our few bright spots, if he'd stop frickin' fumbling.

exactly i was upset after the first one but after the 2nd one i was so angry i turned of fhe game, couldn't believe it..

but i can objectively look at the Kellen Moores offense slowly takig over and see the injuries' that have changed the OL etc and pass happy playing from behind offense the last 16 games and see zekes not declining to the point of the narrative being spoken around here..he gets far too much hate because of his contract and his numbers are dropping..

sure they are ,look at the play calling, the OL, and defense seemingly having us playing from behind,.

Not zekes fault about his stats ,

ill lay the last game right at his feet and can say honestly even without the fumbles, i doubt we win but not by the large margin we did, not an issue calling him out for this last game but to troll hate and say hes done is ignorance..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

We're not resigning him.

We're not resigning him.
yes........before the season I thought we might be real contender, but I am now realizing this team has no chance, so time to rebuild. time to take the dead cap hits and get rid of a few and load up on draft picks the next two years and rebuild. time to get rid of MC and bring in Urban meyer and let him adjust to NFL while we rebuild...

but it won't happen. Jerry is 78 and doesn't think he has time for a rebuild. he keeps wanting to reload and he is loading blanks.....